rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
It could be done in ProScan or Sentinel.
In ProScan (like Sentinel), it's done in the Favorites Editor.
I don't know what you've done so far so let me ask.
Was the last update done in ProScan or Sentinel? I haven't done an update yet. The system in my favorites list has 862 talkgroups while the current RRDB shows 1224.
Do you have the ProScan Favorites Editor showing? Yes
Do you already have the systems in the ProScan favorites? Yes
Is the Favorites folder/files location opened in ProScan using the same Sentinel folder location? No, I didn't know that was possible, so currently if I make changes in either ProScan or Sentinel, I save them, copy to the radio and then open the other program and copy it to the pc.

I will look at saving everything to one folder location next. That will save one step.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Running the web server, the program responds correctly until a remote view is started. Within 5 seconds of opening the web page, the cursor changes to a blue spinning busy circle. The web page still updates and remote control works but the server is unresponsive. I am running Windows 10 Pro on an Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad core mini pc. This does not happen when I run ProScan from my Windows 7 laptop so it is not a router or Internet issue.
The Atom has 4GB RAM and 64GB HDD with 30GB free.
After much experimenting, I found that if push is disabled on the web page, and polled every 2 seconds, everything is fine. Change it to 1 second or lower and the server becomes unresponsive.
When the server is unresponsive, within 5 seconds of closing the web page, the server returns and the blue spinning busy circle disappears.
As part of my diagnosis, I copied proscan.cfg from the laptop to the mini pc with no change.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
enough PC

Thanks for the reply. Underpowered was my initial thought also. I assumed the mini PC running a quad core 1.44GHz with 4GB RAM was better than the old Dell D630 laptop running a Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor since it was newer technology.

On the Atom PC, task manager shows 38% CPU and 46% memory with ProScan running. When the web page is pushed instead of polled, causing ProScan to stop responding, CPU and RAM are still below 50%

What puzzles me is that just changing from push to poll with a 2 second update interval brings the server online. Changing the update interval to anything less than 2 seconds causes the server to stop responding.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Running the web server, the program responds correctly until a remote view is started. Within 5 seconds of opening the web page, the cursor changes to a blue spinning busy circle. The web page still updates and remote control works but the server is unresponsive. I am running Windows 10 Pro
What version worked before?
Can you revert back to that version?
What type of scanner?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The next version is going to have a Check the RRDB for Changes feature. It 's only for systems originally imported from the RRDB. It should be ready in about 2 to 3 months. Supports the DMA, BCDx36HP, and SDSx00 scanners.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
The next version is going to have a Check the RRDB for Changes feature. It 's only for systems originally imported from the RRDB. It should be ready in about 2 to 3 months.
LOVE IT! Can't wait to try it out! This might just wean me away from Sentinel for managing my Favorites!!!

kckfire

Premium Subscriber
I'm running 20.5 and web serving an SDS100. I noted after the upgrade from 20.4, that on some browsers the web server scanner control buttons don't seem to respond as expected. In those cases, a click on the button either doesn't register, or registers with the button below. I find I need to click/press the area from just above the button to nearly the center of the button/space above the intended button to register the desired button press. While using a mouse this can be managed easily if kept in mind where to click, but using a phone-based browser, a finger touch takes several attempts, making control extremely difficult.

Running Chrome 109.0.5414.75 on a Win 10 PC or Chrome Beta 110.0.5481.40/Bing 24.0.410112302 on Android 13 is when I see this issue. Trying Edge 109.0.1518.55 on the PC or DuckDuckGo 5.146.0 on Android doesn't display the same issue and button presses register as expected. The issue wasn't present until 20.5 with the same browsers.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and possible solutions? I can revert back to 20.4 or use an alternate browser (although I prefer Chrome), but thought I'd bring it up in case it is an easily resolvable compatibility issue between the impacted browsers and the ProScan 20.5 software itself that might be incorporated into the next revision.

smason

Well that was easy! I've been running Proscan since Aug 2009, and never had occasion to give anyone else access.
Yesterday while helping out a new scanner user, I wanted to give temporary web access to my Proscan so he could see how it worked.
Thought I'd better use HTTPS. Looked at the settings, and thought "hmm I have a fresh cert for my domain on my IMAP server". Copy, paste... poof! Worked beautifully. As always, great work, Bob!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well that was easy! I've been running Proscan since Aug 2009, and never had occasion to give anyone else access.
Yesterday while helping out a new scanner user, I wanted to give temporary web access to my Proscan so he could see how it worked.
Thought I'd better use HTTPS. Looked at the settings, and thought "hmm I have a fresh cert for my domain on my IMAP server". Copy, paste... poof! Worked beautifully. As always, great work, Bob!
Good to hear. Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 20.6 Just Released!
  • Fixed - Web Server - The scanner buttons on the web browser weren't working correctly because the hotspots weren't not aligning correctly.
  • Changed - Recorder - Stopped writing MP3 ID3v2 tags to the recording files if the Title & Artist boxes are blank in the Options - Recording Text Tags tab.
ProScan Website

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!