bond7211

The USB cable does not carry the audio signal. You need a separate audio cable from the scanner to the computer.

apologies i missed that off, i do have a seperate cable running from green port on rear of 15X to line in on sound card

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Problem solved on bond7211 issue with the Web Browser "Listen Live" link not playing the audio. The problem was the Stream Name text box had the full URL entered. Once it was changed to just "stream" audio playback started to work.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Anyone having issues with ProScan 16.1 being Non Responsive. It seems like since I changed to 16.1, I always come to find my feed with "ProScan Not responding" showing. Windows 7 64 bit been running ProScan on it for a while. And before anyone tells me to Email Bob, I already did.

Last edited:

frazpo

On the subject of recording. Is there a way to record by TG? I notice that on recordings of trunked systems it will divide traffic up by frequency rather than by TG. Any work around for this?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the subject of recording. Is there a way to record by TG? I notice that on recordings of trunked systems it will divide traffic up by frequency rather than by TG. Any work around for this?
What is the Custom Filename Format set to? If %F then I can see it records by frequency. Change the Custom Filename Format to %FT or %TG

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Anyone having issues with ProScan 16.1 being Non Responsive. It seems like since I changed to 16.1, I always come to find my feed with "ProScan Not responding" showing. Windows 7 64 bit been running ProScan on it for a while. And before anyone tells me to Email Bob, I already did.

On a side note I reverted back to version 16 and it id working fine.

ra7850

Proscan for SDS200 and URL feed works fine. With Loopback every transmission play fine. However, at times, Record shows a recorded line with correct time for the transmission that I heard over Loopback, but will not play back. When the line is highlighted and the play button is pressed, the button showing % time in the recording does not move. When several lines are highlighted, the lined are selected for about 1 second and proceed to next. This issue goes away when Proscan is restarted. It has happened several times over many days. I have tried several different record options [Each trans new row, Active row in view and Skip Silence] but eventually the recording will not play. I tried two different Windows players directly on the .mp3 files that didn't play and receive error messages. Any Ideas?

I have the exact same issue with an sds200, also have 2 Uniden 536's running under Proscan each in its own folder. It seems like it only records 1 of them. Each have a separate unique IP address and connectivity that works, using Proscan version 16.1. Using the windows explorer, the files wonty play either. Multiple mp3 players tried. The file is an mp3.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I'm occasionally having the same issue. After ProScan has been running for a while, something happens with the recorded file format, and files recorded after that point are not playable in ProScan or any other audio player I've tried.

frazpo

Is there a way to extract audio only into one of the scanner apps. Some have the option to create a feed by using the audio http address. Did this years ago with a pi shoutcast setup. Just wondering if I get audio from proscan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to extract audio only into one of the scanner apps. Some have the option to create a feed by using the audio http address. Did this years ago with a pi shoutcast setup. Just wondering if I get audio from proscan.

Yes using the Web Server feature.

ThIs url format serves the audio. If using a browser, an Audio Player will show. You could make your own client to playback the audio.
http://192.168.1.14:5000/[Stream Name]

{edit} I'm not sure on another app but it could be done.

x-wb6bdq

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue as ra7850. I noted here it about a week ago. Last evening I had the problem so I deleted all the recordings and restarted proscan. The recordings worked fine for several hours, then each file of audio was extremely distorted. (I was recording 5 minute max segments with quiet time deleted.) Then after a couple of hours , the recording showed they worked with each 5 minutes, but when I tried to listen, there was no audio and the slider did not move and showed as if it had been played. I tried using a separate Windows player and these recordings worked, then after a while they went to garbled and then later showed a error in the recording. Using SDS200 with URL feed. The audio with loopback works fine during the time when the erroneous recording were made. Any help or do you nee more info? Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the recording issue, send me an email so I can send out test files until fixed.

Advise on -
ProScan version:
Scanner type

bond7211

Hi guys, newbie stuck again, everything was working fine and transfed to a laptop so i can keep scanner running all the time on web server, so i unplugg everything and transfer to laptop, everything sempt to be fine, other that i now dont seem to be getting output from the green rec-out, can you blow this port?? if so how could i have done so, the line in on laptop works with all i have plugged into it except scanner. any help or advice please

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Question: Considering buying Proscan. Have several computers in shack and sometimes need one for a specific task. If I want to change the machine I'm running proscan on do I need to buy separate license or not? my apologies, I could not find an answer but sure it was here some where.

Rick

frazpo

Question: Considering buying Proscan. Have several computers in shack and sometimes need one for a specific task. If I want to change the machine I'm running proscan on do I need to buy separate license or not? my apologies, I could not find an answer but sure it was here some where.

Rick
There's an option in the menu to deactivate the computer it's on. Then just activate it on another. Your allowed 2 I believe.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Rick

From the Proscan website:

• Each license allows activation on 2 separate computers.
  • ProScan license can be deactivated on one computer and activated on another computer or can be activated again on same computer if OS reinstalled or hard drive reformatted.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, newbie stuck again, everything was working fine and transfed to a laptop so i can keep scanner running all the time on web server, so i unplugg everything and transfer to laptop, everything sempt to be fine, other that i now dont seem to be getting output from the green rec-out, can you blow this port?? if so how could i have done so, the line in on laptop works with all i have plugged into it except scanner. any help or advice please
So the Green jack is audio out. You could test it by sending a computer generated test sound using the Win. Mixer -> Playback side.. Procedures may vary by OS version and sound card type. On my Win 10 machine, I right click on the default device then click the Test menu item. I get a series of tones on the left speaker followed by the right speaker.

Are you using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi or SDS200 Ethernet audio, If yes then make sure the ProScan Loopback box is checked.
may have to

bond7211

My mistake i should have clarified, i have a BCT15X, i have tested both a mobile and extenal media player output to the line in on the laptop, both work fine, so it seems its the green REC-Out on scanner that is the issue, i just carnt grasp how i may have blown it,as all cable were the correct one for the job in hand, Disapointed as i struggle for a week to get everything running on my PC, then transfered to laptop as i wished to keep the web server on all the time, to be faced with this issue, and possible find were i can get my BCT15X repaired in the uk