respondernz

I have been using ProScan for some years, great S/W thanks. I now have an SDS200E as part of the setup. First time using web server. Works great. However when I connect via Android device (using Chrome) the audio stream stops (at about 48 secs mostly), when connected to internal or external IP. To get audio back I have to refresh and press play again. Scanner monitor on device keeps moving normally. Have tried all sorts.

AKWilliams

So a bit more investigating... it would seem that the 3.5 audio lead would only work with a dedicated Line in / mic port. With mine being a single port, the cable needs to be a slightly different type TRRS from what I read... I guess the one I have is just old! Proved the port works with a headset and mic.

Sound about right?

Hi,
I need some help with the data base. When I try to access my data base all I see is the slide bar to scroll up or down on the left side. It was good on 16.3 and 16.4 until yesterday. I believe a windows update was done as my feed on a different computer was off line as well.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Bob,
Just want to take a moment to thank you for your ProScan application and to tell you how much I enjoy it. Here’s a screenshot of my “radio stack” with each serving a private listening feed to the web and using RSOIP Client/Server modes to control each source scanner remotely.

MrAntsy

Is there a way to reboot, restart, or power cycle the SDS200 from Proscan?

If I put a wifi controlled AC outlet on my SDS200 to be able to remotely reboot it, is there a risk of corrupting the SD card if the scanner is not powered down from the front panel?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to reboot, restart, or power cycle the SDS200 from Proscan?

If I put a wifi controlled AC outlet on my SDS200 to be able to remotely reboot it, is there a risk of corrupting the SD card if the scanner is not powered down from the front panel?

Yes. Go to the Test & Extra tab. In the Protocol Command box, enter in MSM,1 then click the Send button. That command will put the scanner in Mass Storage mode for 1 sec. You shall see the scanner display showing "Writing to SD Card ..." After it exits Mass Storage mode, the scanner will reboot.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Hi Bob,

Is there a way to have the recorder automatically start up?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is there a way to have the recorder automatically start up?
The recorder will remember the last state it was in when you shut down/start up the program. As long as recording was enabled when you closed the program, it should start right back up again. If you're not experiencing that, you might have some other issue going on like a corrupt install. What version are you running, 16.4?

belvdr

The recorder will remember the last state it was in when you shut down/start up the program. As long as recording was enabled when you closed the program, it should start right back up again. If you're not experiencing that, you might have some other issue going on like a corrupt install. What version are you running, 16.4?
Thanks, that worked.

On a related topic, I have recordings last night that are blank audio for 30 seconds or more, but some that are not. I guess it's possible the scanner stopped on a dispatch talkgroup and ProScan recorded it. However, it was odd, because it was two neighboring departments' dispatch talkgroups, so it seems like mutual aid.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Go to the Test & Extra tab. In the Protocol Command box, enter in MSM,1 then click the Send button. That command will put the scanner in Mass Storage mode for 1 sec. You shall see the scanner display showing "Writing to SD Card ..." After it exits Mass Storage mode, the scanner will reboot.

Does this work for the SDS100 as well?

GeekNJ

Once imported into a favorite list and viewing either in Sentinel or Proscan Favorite Editor, is there any indication an entry is encrypted? I'm not seeing it but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I had originally created my favorites using Sentinel with the downloaded database and it looks like I have encrypted entries which I imagine is just wasting scanning time? I'd like to exclude them if that makes sense and trying to do it as efficiently as possible without going entry by entry.

Thanks

belvdr

Once imported into a favorite list and viewing either in Sentinel or Proscan Favorite Editor, is there any indication an entry is encrypted? I'm not seeing it but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I had originally created my favorites using Sentinel with the downloaded database and it looks like I have encrypted entries which I imagine is just wasting scanning time? I'd like to exclude them if that makes sense and trying to do it as efficiently as possible without going entry by entry.

Thanks
I wasn't able to find anything in Sentinel to indicate a TG or frequency may be encrypted. Instead, I opened the database web page from RR and compared. It was a slow go, but have it cleaned out.

Since mine are all talkgroups, it didn't slow my scanning, but it doesn't cause the scanner to pause on something it wouldn't hear any way.

belvdr

I noticed today on v16.4 that "MSM,60" or telling the 200 to go into MSM for 60 seconds from the Favorites Editor only reboots the scanner, even after rebooting the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I noticed today on v16.4 that "MSM,60" or telling the 200 to go into MSM for 60 seconds from the Favorites Editor only reboots the scanner, even after rebooting the scanner.
Are you saying that it doesn't go into Mass Storage mode? If yes, connect a cable into the Micro USB jack.