ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob my SDS200 with the MSM command at 60 or 90 just shuts down and reboots never goes into mass storage mode ver 16.5
works great with my 536's
The scanner did received the MSM command. After that, it's up to the scanner to decide to go into Mass Storage mode if a USB cable is detected or reboot if no USB cable detected. Did you check the cable as belvdr advised?

sklpl

My question is related to metadata that is obtained from scaner (SDS200) and sent via ProScan WebServer together with audio stream. Is there a possibility to configure "Artist Name" or "Album Title"?

I am having following configuration:
server metadata string: %C
stream is received and played by VLC app on Android device.

I am having current channel name displayed on my phone as "Song Title", the same displays on my car display when connected over bluetooth. And that is really cool. What is annoying me (sorry) is that there is "Unknown Artist" displayed below. Both on the phone and in car. I would rather prefer to have something like "SDS200" or even Favorite List name :)

I was trying to reconfigure metadata string to "SDS200 - %C" or "%FA - %C" but all of this is still interpreted as "Song Title" in VLC. I am getting:
Song Title: SDS200 - XXXXX (channel name)
Artist: Unknown Artist

What I would prefer is:
Song Title: XXXXX (channel name)
Artist: SDS200

The question is: how to solve it? Is there any "magic" format I need to use in metadata string or maybe somebody knows other audio stream player for Android that displays the data in the way I want?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My question is related to metadata that is obtained from scaner (SDS200) and sent via ProScan WebServer together with audio stream. Is there a possibility to configure "Artist Name" or "Album Title"?

I am having following configuration:
server metadata string: %C
stream is received and played by VLC app on Android device.

I am having current channel name displayed on my phone as "Song Title", the same displays on my car display when connected over bluetooth. And that is really cool. What is annoying me (sorry) is that there is "Unknown Artist" displayed below. Both on the phone and in car. I would rather prefer to have something like "SDS200" or even Favorite List name :)

I was trying to reconfigure metadata string to "SDS200 - %C" or "%FA - %C" but all of this is still interpreted as "Song Title" in VLC. I am getting:
Song Title: SDS200 - XXXXX (channel name)
Artist: Unknown Artist

What I would prefer is:
Song Title: XXXXX (channel name)
Artist: SDS200

The question is: how to solve it? Is there any "magic" format I need to use in metadata string or maybe somebody knows other audio stream player for Android that displays the data in the way I want?
It can't be configured in ProScan. The metadata that's embedded in the mp3 stream is using the Shoutcast Icy protocol which is the standard. Only one parameter can be set and that is "StreamTitle=".
What kind of audio player are you using? It sounds like the player is confusing ID3 tags with the Icy protocol. Is there any configuration in the player for this? Perhaps try Winamp for Android and/or VLC for Android.

Last edited:

sklpl

It can't be configured in ProScan. The metadata that's embedded in the mp3 stream is using the Shoutcast Icy protocol which is the standard. Only one parameter can be set and that is "StreamTitle=".
What kind of audio player are you using? It sounds like the player is confusing ID3 tags and the Icy protocol. Is there any configuration in the player for this? Perhaps try Winamp for Android and/or VLC for Android.

I'm using VLC for Android on Samsung Galaxy S9. The "issue" is easily observable on phone lock-screen.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using VLC for Android on Samsung Galaxy S9. The "issue" is easily observable on phone lock-screen.

Try WinAmp. If you want stick with VLC then I would research the issue. Google "VLC why Unknown Artist mp3 stream".

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
I'll try that, Thanks
Update: I have 275 lines of UID's logged with generic tags (and that's only part of one county) in UID after lookup file. After i highlight them, I chose Copy/move selected rows...... then it tells me to select at least one row which I've done. Confused.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Update: I have 275 lines of UID's logged with generic tags (and that's only part of one county) in UID after lookup file. After i highlight them, I chose Copy/move selected rows...... then it tells me to select at least one row which I've done. Confused.
Are you clicking the Copy/Move button in the UID grid and not the History Grid?

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
UID after lookup file (notepad) from UID logging. They look completely different (as you know)
If it matters, they are all on the same page in notepad. Also fyi, I've restarted the computer (windows 10 and power cycled the scanner SDS200). And, this batch of edits are not registering in UID after lookup. Is there a size limitation?

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
If it matters, they are all on the same page in notepad. Also fyi, I've restarted the computer (windows 10 and power cycled the scanner SDS200). And, this batch of edits are not registering in UID after lookup. Is there a size limitation?
UID lookup file tab that is

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
UID lookup file tab that is
My explanation doesn't sound clear so I'll start fresh. Grabbed a group of known TG's from UID logging screen that were highlighted then clicked Copy/move selected rows tab. Verified destination system, clicked ok. Clicked UID lookup tab, named them generically, clicked save and closed. Highlighted all and selected Copy/move selected rows.... That's where I get the message to select at least one row. (Edit, this question/reply started in tab 281)

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see the confusion. You keep using the word after such as "edit after lookup and write to scanner or Sentinel" I thought you were talking about the UID grid "UID After Lookup" column.

You could do it too in the "UID Lookup" file. Since you already did it that way, perhaps stick with that method. The text entered in that file will show in the ProScan logging.
You could disregard what I said about selecting the rows then clicking the Copy/Move ... button since you're using a different method.

MrAntsy

Yes. Go to the Test & Extra tab. In the Protocol Command box, enter in MSM,1 then click the Send button. That command will put the scanner in Mass Storage mode for 1 sec. You shall see the scanner display showing "Writing to SD Card ..." After it exits Mass Storage mode, the scanner will reboot.

Thanks, Bob, I purchased the license today, but I have another question.

I set up a Raspberry Pi running PiVPN with Wireguard at home with my SDS200. I connect to the VPN from my laptop at work and can access the SDS from Proscan running on the laptop at work.

The GUI works fine, but I cannot receive the audio using Proscan. If I use VLC on my work laptop, I receive the audio fine using the URL rtsp://192.168.xx.xx/au:scanner.au

I also have no problems SSHing into my other devices at home.

Any ideas why Proscan audio doesn't work over the VPN?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any ideas why Proscan audio doesn't work over the VPN?
Not sure at this point. For a test, can you add ProScan to your Internet Security or Antivirus software exemption list.
If running Windows Defender, here is the path: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps

{edit} It may or may not work. It's just a possibility that I want to eliminate before I dig into this.

Last edited:

Nogard

I'm trying to run Proscan on my laptop which only has one "headphone" jack. The picture for the port shows a headset (headphones with microphone attached). No matter what I try I can't get the port to work as an input source - it only works as output.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to get it to work as input? Would the fact that icon is below the port vs just the headphone icon indicate it should be possible?

If it's not possible, any recommendations on an adapter or USB device I could use instead?

Thanks

Windows 10 - SDS100

freqseeker

I'm pretty sure you can make the factory input work, but I would have to research it. May require a pigtail of some sort as the connector probably has four contacts.
I have used this with success on my laptop.
USB Soundcard

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way when you use get clipboard that you can add the option to where we can add the service type like how you can change the name or the tone when adding a trunked system or a conventional frequency ? Thanks