douthuse

First, Thank you for the hard work and updates. I upgraded to 17.9 but still seem to be having a problem with the web server. Anytime a iOS device connects (safari, firefox, chrome) as a super user, They get one button press on the scanner (excluding scroll, volume and squelch they always work). They then have to log out and log back in to be able to control the scanner again. No issues with a amazon device or PC. Any ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
First, Thank you for the hard work and updates. I upgraded to 17.9 but still seem to be having a problem with the web server. Anytime a iOS device connects (safari, firefox, chrome) as a super user, They get one button press on the scanner (excluding scroll, volume and squelch they always work). They then have to log out and log back in to be able to control the scanner again. No issues with a amazon device or PC. Any ideas?

I'll look at it before the next release.

tc1961

I just recently purchased the SDS200 and then the Proscan software. I'm running 17.8 and have had no issues thus far except for one. I have a "Talk Around Group" and the scanner gets "stuck" there sometimes so I have to press the avoid button on the scanner and then it continues to scan without an issue. When I press the "avoid" button the pc I suddenly get a loss of audio error and it wants me to restart the scanner. That does not happen when I press "avoid" on the scanner itself. Just an FYI, not a big deal

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Most times I use the import from radio reference feature but once in a while, I use the get clipboard function. When selecting what data to use, and what to ignore, I do not see a selection for service type.. Just Freq, Tone Mod and Channel name. Is there a way to have the service type as an option when importing from clipboard?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Most times I use the import from radio reference feature but once in a while, I use the get clipboard function. When selecting what data to use, and what to ignore, I do not see a selection for service type.. Just Freq, Tone Mod and Channel name. Is there a way to have the service type as an option when importing from clipboard?
Sounds like a good ideal. I have many items to do before I can look at this.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just recently purchased the SDS200 and then the Proscan software. I'm running 17.8 and have had no issues thus far except for one. I have a "Talk Around Group" and the scanner gets "stuck" there sometimes so I have to press the avoid button on the scanner and then it continues to scan without an issue. When I press the "avoid" button the pc I suddenly get a loss of audio error and it wants me to restart the scanner. That does not happen when I press "avoid" on the scanner itself. Just an FYI, not a big deal
It sounds like the scanner stops sending audio when it's stuck. If the loss of audio is more then 30 seconds then ProScan will show a prompt to restart the scanner. The prompt can be turned off by unchecking the box circled in red.

Untitled.png

tc1961

It sounds like the scanner stops sending audio when it's stuck. If the loss of audio is more then 30 seconds then ProScan will show a prompt to restart the scanner. The prompt can be turned off by unchecking the box circled in red.

View attachment 111281
Thanks for the response!
I love the software!
The issue is when it gets stuck on a channel, I can hit the avoid button at the scanner and it starts scanning as normal. All is well on the PC, even if it's stuck for 2 or 3 min.

When it gets stuck and I press the avoid button on Proscan running on the PC it loses the audio and wants to restart the scanner. I was thinking it would do the same thing on the PC as the scanner, skip/avoid that channel and continue scanning. Is there a setting that makes the Proscan "avoid" button do something other than simply avoid that channel and continue scanning?

Thanks!
Tony

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a setting that makes the Proscan "avoid" button do something other than simply avoid that channel and continue scanning?
Negative. The Avoid button functions just like the other buttons. The key codes are sent to the scanner with no type of processing.

{edit} The audio and data are completely independent of each other. I would power cycle the scanner. Also, some SD cards are known to cause strange problems.

Last edited:

SBSteve

Premium Subscriber
ProScan not fully communicating with BCD325P2 using Windows 10 in Parallels Desktop. ProScan shows: COMM PORT Open, Port 3, Baud Rate 115200 and DATABASE C:\Proscan\BCD325P2 Scanner 1.txt at the bottom of the ProScan window. I can also run the Display Test, Activity Display Test and Performance Graphs successfully. The Scanner Type (BCD325P2) is correctly displayed in both the scanner image and at the top left of the ProScan window. Windows Device Manager> Ports settings: BPS – 115,200, Data bits – 8, Parity – None, Stop bits – 1, Flow Control – None. Under General, it says “The Device is working properly.” The odd thing is, when connecting the scanner to USBSER, Parallels/Windows 10 sees “BCD996P2 Serial Port” and asks if I want to connect it to the MacOS or Windows 10. I can delete the BCD996P2 Serial Port offering using the Parallels>Devices>USB & Bluetooth>Configure… restart, plug the scanner back in and the BCD996P2 Serial Port comes back as my only choice. So… I choose the BCD996P2 Serial Port on Windows 10 and I get the connection described above for the BCD325P2.

Chris0516

I have the BCD325p2 w/ Win 10 n' Proscan is up-to-date. My problem is, while it is recording data. The audio being recorded, is my voice. Not the voice of the agency hit. How can I change this in Proscan?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I have the BCD325p2 w/ Win 10 n' Proscan is up-to-date. My problem is, while it is recording data. The audio being recorded, is my voice. Not the voice of the agency hit. How can I change this in Proscan?
You need to select the correct audio input, not your mic.

Chris0516

Another Proscan '?'. Locally, One county made a system switch(Mot Smartzone Type II to P25). Yesterday, I created a temporary group that has all the new TG's. The group is noted in the History Log. But, When I look in the system mentioned in the History Log. For the group I created, I can't find it. So, Is there a way to do a 'global' search in Proscan. Of all the systems? So I can find the group.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan not fully communicating with BCD325P2 using Windows 10 in Parallels Desktop. ProScan shows: COMM PORT Open, Port 3, Baud Rate 115200 and DATABASE C:\Proscan\BCD325P2 Scanner 1.txt at the bottom of the ProScan window. I can also run the Display Test, Activity Display Test and Performance Graphs successfully. The Scanner Type (BCD325P2) is correctly displayed in both the scanner image and at the top left of the ProScan window. Windows Device Manager> Ports settings: BPS – 115,200, Data bits – 8, Parity – None, Stop bits – 1, Flow Control – None. Under General, it says “The Device is working properly.” The odd thing is, when connecting the scanner to USBSER, Parallels/Windows 10 sees “BCD996P2 Serial Port” and asks if I want to connect it to the MacOS or Windows 10. I can delete the BCD996P2 Serial Port offering using the Parallels>Devices>USB & Bluetooth>Configure… restart, plug the scanner back in and the BCD996P2 Serial Port comes back as my only choice. So… I choose the BCD996P2 Serial Port on Windows 10 and I get the connection described above for the BCD325P2.
Do a search on this site using "Parallels" or "Parallels ProScan". A lot of links are coming up.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It should. I downloaded 17.9 just now and it's like it should be. Check that you are on the audio side and not the comm. port side. Can you post a image of what you see?
Mine from v17.9 looks the same as yours Bob.