ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
mike_s104 said:
Thanks Bob...

Build 3 names the files like I was looking for. (folders per each day would help organize, but I'm not complaining.) works beautifully!!

if I do the folders suggestion, I may make the option something like this.

Organize Recordings In Sub Folders By:

Date
Frequency / TGID
Date - Frequency / TGID
Frequency / TGID - Date

Bob

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
ProScan said:
if I do the folders suggestion, I may make the option something like this.

Organize Recordings In Sub Folders By:

Date
Frequency / TGID
Date - Frequency / TGID
Frequency / TGID - Date

Bob

that would be perfect. :) I still need to pay for it. I've been very busy and the demo is working wonderfully. I'm able to stream at work and keep an ear on what's going on at home. thanks again for taking suggestions and making a great app. :)

was the option for MP3 compression removed?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
mike_s104 said:
was the feature/option to convert the recorded wav files to MP3s removed?

Yes and I also put that on my web site in the Version History. There may be some licensing issues involved.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
ProScan said:
Yes and I also put that on my web site in the Version History. There may be some licensing issues involved.

Thanks. I didn't notice it on the site. :) Could there be an option to use an external application like in Exact Audio Copy where the use will need to provide LAME?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
mike_s104 said:
Thanks. I didn't notice it on the site. :) Could there be an option to use an external application like in Exact Audio Copy where the use will need to provide LAME?

I'm not planning to do anything like that but will keep it in mind. Next up is adding more scanners.

Bob
www.proscan.org

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Atten Modes - Can this sticky title be changed to "Offical ProScan Software Thread"?

ProScan Ver 1.7 Build 4 is out. I'm committed in making this the best Computer Aided Scanning software.
ProScan supports the BCD996T, BC15T, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC250D, and BC296D scanners.
The Scanner Over IP feature has been redone with the Point-To-Point mode eliminated and the Multicast mode now can accept multiple Control Client connections.

www.proscan.org

Bob

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
ProScan said:
Atten Modes - Can this sticky title be changed to "Offical ProScan Software Thread"?

ProScan Ver 1.7 Build 4 is out. I'm committed in making this the best Computer Aided Scanning software.
ProScan supports the BCD996T, BC15T, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC250D, and BC296D scanners.
The Scanner Over IP feature has been redone with the Point-To-Point mode eliminated and the Multicast mode now can accept multiple Control Client connections.

www.proscan.org

Bob

Great update with the recording folders!! :) Thank you.

WarWizard

ProScan said:
ProScan Version 1.7 Build 2 includes the RadioReference Imports feature, improved Scanner Over IP, and bug fixes.

Supported scanners are the BCD996T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D.

I'm thriving to make this the best Computer Aided Scanning program and suggestions are very much appreciated.

http://www.proscan.org/index.htm

Bob

Would ProScan work on a UBC3300XLT which is basically the European version of the BC250D?

ICP963

Feed Provider
WarWizard said:
Would ProScan work on a UBC3300XLT which is basically the European version of the BC250D?
ProScan has a 30 day free trial, download it and try it. If it does work with the UBC3300XLT I am sure you will like it. I am feeding with a 250D and ProScan and love it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 1.7 Build 5 is out

I have finally just released ProScan Version 1.7 Build 5. The BCD396T scanner has been added. The Remote Scanner Over IP has been made more stable with the intermittent disconnects at a minimum. Also many small improvements have been made.

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Premium Subscriber
ProScan and BC780XLT

Just bought the software and used it with my 396 and 996 and it works fine.

When I used it with my BC780XLT, I don't seem to be able to control the volume ??

It is just me or I'm blind don't find the volume control ?????????

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When I used it with my BC780XLT, I don't seem to be able to control the volume ??

The 780 volume can't be controlled from software. No protocol command to do it and therefore there's no virtual volume control on ProScan. I suspect that the scanner volume control is wired to the amp/speaker section unlike the newer DMA models with the volume control tied to the processor probably via A/D and I/O.

Last edited:

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Premium Subscriber
The 780 volume can't be controlled from software. No protocol command to do it and therefore there's no virtual volume control on ProScan. I suspect that the scanner volume control is wired to the amp/speaker section unlike the newer DMA models with the volume control tied to the processor probably via A/D and I/O.

OK thanks - Finally I'm sure I'm not blind !

Thanks for a fast reply !

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've used apps for the BCD396T on my BR330T as well - would love to see support for the 330T!

The BR330T and BC246T will be next.

BTW in your last post, you quoted an old message. ProScan now supports the BCD396T.

Last edited: