ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's only one of the best? I'll work on that. Thanks for the compliments.

Next scanner added is going to be the BR330T.

For the Remote Scanner Over IP users:
I was able to reduce the bandwidth 3 times without sacrificing quality. Let me know of any problems with the audio quality (dropouts, cracking, pops, etc.) or anything else Scanner Over IP related on my server. Use the latest full version 1.7 Build 6 or the free client 1.7 Build 5.

proscan.dyndns.org port 443

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 1.7 Build 7 is out!

The biggest additions are:

Remote Scanner Over IP reduced bandwidth 3 times from 13.5 KBps to 4.5 KBps per connection with improved audio quality.

Band Scope - Great for checking antenna performance, coax quality, coverage areas / dead spots, interference, etc. Sweep the bands from 25 MHz to 1300 MHz.
Screen Shot of the Band Scope http://www.proscan.org/proscan_band_scope.htm

Band Scope only works with the BCD996T and BCD396T. Firmware version 2.x required.

Also many small improvements have been made.

BR330 next up!

Last edited:

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Is the band scope restricted to a certain scanner type? I installed 1.7 build 7 just now and don't have the band scope tab!

I am downloading a new DB from my scanner to see if this makes a difference.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is the band scope restricted to a certain scanner type? I installed 1.7 build 7 just now and don't have the band scope tab!

I am downloading a new DB from my scanner to see if this makes a difference.

I should have put that on the posting.
Yes. At this time it only for the BCD996T and BCD396T. Uniden at a later date will put the commands in their other DMA models.
Also firmware version 2.x required.

Last edited:

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I must have pissed something off - now I can't get the application to even connect to the scanner :-(

I've uninstalled the build 7 version and reinstalled build 6 after clearing out anything left in the install folder and registry - still can't connect.

Hard booted PC and removed power source from scanner - and yes, I verified that everything was plugged in correctly :)

Still no connection :-(

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I must have pissed something off - now I can't get the application to even connect to the scanner :-(

I've uninstalled the build 7 version and reinstalled build 6 after clearing out anything left in the install folder and registry - still can't connect.

Hard booted PC and removed power source from scanner - and yes, I verified that everything was plugged in correctly :)

Still no connection :-(

Are you using a USB cable?
What's the scanner type?
I'm sure you checked the comm. port number and baud rate.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
IT'S NOT THE FAULT OF THE SOFTWARE EVERYONE!!!

It's a BC785D - I checked what I thought was EVERYTHING - even went as far as updating my BIOS on my motherboard and doing a system restore to 3 days ago!

LOL - Then as a goof I checked the scanner and found that somehow PC Control was now turned off!

So - we're good to go now!

mancow

Database Admin
When I go to play audio recordings back they are ultra slow like a tape player almost out of batteries. WTF?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When I go to play audio recordings back they are ultra slow like a tape player almost out of batteries. WTF?

Are you running the latest version?
Does this happen locally or when ProScan is a client connected to a server?
Are you using the full version or the stripped down free client?
Does this happen when connecting to other servers?
Do you have any remote desktop or VPN software running?

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Bc246t?

Bob,

I realize when programming a timeline can be a fluid thing and you might not neccessarily always be able to stick to a "schedule", but, can you give any "ballpark" figure on when support for the BC246T will be available?

Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm pushing for the BC246 to be done by end of the year.

As soon as I finish the BR330, I'll be doing the BC246.
BR330 should be done about Oct 15, 08 (unless I need to improve a section or add a feature or something).

Last edited:

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good! I guess until then I'll run an "audio only" secondary feed for Fire/EMS traffic... I'll start loading up the scanner tonight :)

SuperDupe

hi,
i'm having trouble with slow startups and the program not fully closing... any ideas? i purchased 2 different license under the same email with diff names... (full name and short name) could that have anything to do with it? seems like the prob is when its communicating to the proscan site but i could be wrong...
phill

mancow

Database Admin
My slow recordings issue was a driver I guess. I updated the drivers for the soundcard and it works fine. It's an excellent program. My all time favorite so far.

Are you running the latest version?
Does this happen locally or when ProScan is a client connected to a server?
Are you using the full version or the stripped down free client?
Does this happen when connecting to other servers?
Do you have any remote desktop or VPN software running?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Most likely the slow startup is caused by the History Data.txt and/or the Recording Data.txt files loading due to the size of the files. To fix this problem, move these files to another folder or delete them. To prevent the file size to grow indefinitely, change the options "History Auto Delete" and "Recording Auto Delete” from Off to a number. This may also cause the program closing to be slow.

hi,
i'm having trouble with slow startups and the program not fully closing... any ideas? i purchased 2 different license under the same email with diff names... (full name and short name) could that have anything to do with it? seems like the prob is when its communicating to the proscan site but i could be wrong...
phill

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 1.8 is out!

Items added:
BR330T Scanner.
Support for the latest BCD996T and BCD396T firmware.
Option to turn off History and Frequency / TG ID's Logging.
Option to minimize program to the Windows Notification Area.
Bug fixes.

ProScan is the most technology advanced Computer Aided Scanning software that’s feature rich with the friendliest user interface.

Try the 30 day fully functional demo!

ProScan supports the BCD996T, BCT15, BCD396T, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D Scanners.

Last edited:

donc13

Premium Subscriber

Items added:
BR330T Scanner.
Support for the latest BCD996T and BCD396T firmware.
Option to turn off History and Frequency / TG ID's Logging.
Option to minimize program to the Windows Notification Area.
Bug fixes.

ProScan is the most technology advanced Computer Aided Scanning software that’s feature rich with the friendliest user interface.

Try the 30 day fully functional demo!

ProScan supports the BCD996T, BCT15, BCD396T, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D Scanners.

(asked via email...post here removed)

Last edited: