Problem installing beta firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tljyb

Premium Subscriber
[/SIZE][/FONT]To apply this test firmware, download:
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/HomePatrolBeta/HomePatrol-1_V2_06_02.zip

Then, unzip the bin file and move it to the firmware folder on your HP-1. When you restart the scanner, the update will apply.

Looking forward to your reports!

Maybe I'm being dense, but the zip file contains a .SCR file (screensaver?).. I've tried renaming it to .BIN, .SCN, and other filenames, but it just does not want to apply.. any hints?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'm being dense, but the zip file contains a .SCR file (screensaver?).. I've tried renaming it to .BIN, .SCN, and other filenames, but it just does not want to apply.. any hints?

There is no .SCR file in the zipped download.

When the download is extracted (or un-zipped) it contains the .SCN file named:

HomePatrol-1_V2_06_02.scn

tljyb

Premium Subscriber
Huh.. You're correct.. must've made a typo after renaming it from .SCN to .BIN and back to .SCN to try again. Either way, the scanner does not seem to want to update itself to the newer version. I'm simply dropping it into the \firmware\ directory.. am I doing it wrong?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Huh.. You're correct.. must've made a typo after renaming it from .SCN to .BIN and back to .SCN to try again. Either way, the scanner does not seem to want to update itself to the newer version. I'm simply dropping it into the \firmware\ directory.. am I doing it wrong?

After you drop the un-zipped file in the /firmware folder on the SD card, just disconnect the USB cable and the firmware update will begin as soon as the scanner re-boots.

tljyb

Premium Subscriber
Still not working.. tried renaming the file to something shorter in length (since perhaps it was a filename length issue).. nope. I've tried maybe 10 different filename/extension combinations.. I feel like this worked a while ago, but for some reason it just does not want to play ball this time.

Any other ideas? :)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, I've moved your posts to their own thread. The Uniden beta firmware thread is not for discussing problems installing the firmware.

tljyb

Premium Subscriber
I figured it out.. it's actually \HomePatrol\firmware rather than just \firmware... apparently my SD card was formatted weirdly.. presumably because I backed it up and restored it improperly. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.