Firmware 1.25.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

LCN finder looks to be the same as before, on my city's capmax system, on a 4 freqs site, it will find the 3 LCN for the voice channels rather quickly, but won't find the CC LCN, or will get odd results each time it finds something.

Is this a misunderstanding on my part or a possible bug?

Thanks Upman for the continuous support!

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Firmware Location

Can someone tell me where I can find the firmware updates for the SDS 100? The link that UPMan provided is not working for me....Thanks

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
LCN finder looks to be the same as before, on my city's capmax system, on a 4 freqs site, it will find the 3 LCN for the voice channels rather quickly, but won't find the CC LCN, or will get odd results each time it finds something.

CAP systems don't have a dedicated control channel. It uses rest channels which change regularly. Maybe the fourth channel is not active anymore.

Answer

CAP systems don't have a dedicated control channel. It uses rest channels which change regularly. Maybe the fourth channel is not active anymore.

That's the weird thing! If I put the scanner manually on that frequency, it will constantly receive and will identify it as DT3, with the correct net and site info... Other 3 channels on that site will only have voice activity, which will also be correctly identified..

Ubbe

dt3 is a DMR Trunked system and not cap or con or any variation of it. It will use one frequency as a constant control channel, the other timeslot on that frequency can carry voice conversations.

LCN's are usually 12,5KHz steps so you want to know the number of steps that the control channel have to a known voice channels LCN.

To get the lcn for the control channel you take one of the frequencies of a voice channel and substract the frequency of the control frequency. Divide the result with 0.0125 and you will get the number of lcn steps that you'll need to substract from that voice channels lcn.

If the control channel are higher in frequency than the voice channels then you'll have to do it the other way around, substract the voice channel frequency from the control channel frequency.

You can verify that it is correct frequency step to use by checking the frequencies of two voice channels that have known lcns.

/Ubbe

Answer

dt3 is a DMR Trunked system and not cap or con or any variation of it. It will use one frequency as a constant control channel, the other timeslot on that frequency can carry voice conversations.

LCN's are usually 12,5KHz steps so you want to know the number of steps that the control channel have to a known voice channels LCN.

To get the lcn for the control channel you take one of the frequencies of a voice channel and substract the frequency of the control frequency. Divide the result with 0.0125 and you will get the number of lcn steps that you'll need to substract from that voice channels lcn.

If the control channel are higher in frequency than the voice channels then you'll have to do it the other way around, substract the voice channel frequency from the control channel frequency.

You can verify that it is correct frequency step to use by checking the frequencies of two voice channels that have known lcns.

/Ubbe
That particular DT3 (Capmax) system seems to not have a regular bandplan...

Here's the info we have (which is mostly working, but sometimes missing some conversations):

410.1875 LCN 8? This is the CC
411.6625 LCN 9
412.4375 LCN 10
413.2625 LCN 15

The 436 finds all the voice LCNs, except the one for the CC (These were also found using DSD+). If there's no voice on the second timeslot on the CC, could this explain why the 436 is unable to find the CC LCN? Should it?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber

That is because the system does not transmit the LCN for the CC. If the frequency is used as a voice channel a couple of times, its LCN will be found.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
That particular DT3 (Capmax) system seems to not have a regular bandplan...

Here's the info we have (which is mostly working, but sometimes missing some conversations):

410.1875 LCN 8? This is the CC
411.6625 LCN 9
412.4375 LCN 10
413.2625 LCN 15

The 436 finds all the voice LCNs, except the one for the CC (These were also found using DSD+). If there's no voice on the second timeslot on the CC, could this explain why the 436 is unable to find the CC LCN? Should it?

Is this network listed in the RRDB? Or do you have the link for the FCC license info? That would be very helpful to have. It's fairly rare that LCN's start at 8, but does happen. Maybe there are some other frequencies that you haven't found yet. Try searching in the 405-415 range and see what comes up.

Answer

Is this network listed in the RRDB? Or do you have the link for the FCC license info? That would be very helpful to have. It's fairly rare that LCN's start at 8, but does happen. Maybe there are some other frequencies that you haven't found yet. Try searching in the 405-415 range and see what comes up.

That's actually a pretty new system for the city. It's not in RRDB and I don't have any FCC info.

It's a 5 sites system, the freqs I posted are only for one of the sites. The LCNs actually go from 1 to 15 across the 5 sites, in no particular order.

The freqs should be ok since DSD+FL does find and follow everything (other guys are also working on it using DSD).

I'll leave LCN Finder working for a lil while to see if the CC LCN comes up.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
That's actually a pretty new system for the city. It's not in RRDB and I don't have any FCC info.

It's a 5 sites system, the freqs I posted are only for one of the sites. The LCNs actually go from 1 to 15 across the 5 sites, in no particular order.

The freqs should be ok since DSD+FL does find and follow everything (other guys are also working on it using DSD).

I'll leave LCN Finder working for a lil while to see if the CC LCN comes up.

I'm going to guess this isn't in the USA, so you won't find any FCC entries for it.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
What city?

Levis near Québec City, QC Canada

until now this firmware seems promising for Capmax. I had almost no lack of conversations.

didn't test the LCN finder yet because I have already all the frequencies with their good LCN.

bearcat

Cap + and Cap Max can utilize a "Data Revert Channel". If they are using this feature there will never be any voice TXs on the Data Revert Channel. That freq would only be used by the system to off load data from the system to a server or some data collection point. It does not need to be programmed into your system. Monitor the freq conventionally to see if there are actually any voice comms on it, if not the system probably is using Data Revert.

Ubbe

Cap + and Cap Max can utilize a "Data Revert Channel".

But the channel are sending out voice grants for TGs and it would not do that if it where a Data Revert Channel, that normally are used to receive GPS updates and data telegrams from mobiles and not to transmit any data. Mobiles would only stay on that channel for milli seconds and then go back to its home or rest channel and would anyhow not be able to receive any TG setup telegrams.

/Ubbe

bearcat

But the channel are sending out voice grants for TGs and it would not do that if it where a Data Revert Channel, that normally are used to receive GPS updates and data telegrams from mobiles and not to transmit any data. Mobiles would only stay on that channel for milli seconds and then go back to its home or rest channel and would anyhow not be able to receive any TG setup telegrams.

/Ubbe
The system I am monitoring has a revert channel and it does show channel grants (on DSD). I have no explanation as I do not have enough in depth knowledge with this type of system. The system has 6 LCNs hence 3 freqs. The fourth freq (revert ch) never passes any voice traffic, so no LCN. I guess you are seeing a freq with voice activity but LCN finder does not find the LCN#. I must have misunderstood your post. I thought you stated there was never voice traffic.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I updated both my 536 and 436 with 1.25.00 and seems fine so far. I'm scanning a CapMax system right now and going to see what happens. But is it just me or does there seem to be a delay on dmr simplex? I'd say somewhere between a 1/2 up to 1 second delay. (I know it doesnt sound like a big deal) Just thought I'd put it out there!

Keep the updates coming Paul!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.