Firmware 1.25.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@UPMan is there any reason 1.25.00 has not been promoted to the most recent public firmware? Just had a friend today wanting to upgrade his 536, and obviously was not able to do so through Sentinel.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
@UPMan is there any reason 1.25.00 has not been promoted to the most recent public firmware? Just had a friend today wanting to upgrade his 536, and obviously was not able to do so through Sentinel.
I've been trying to get that answer since November.

If there's a Beta out there and it's been available for months on end now. Why not make it a public release for it.

Just because it's a beta release doesn't mean we all want to install it.

What's the hold up on this and what were the fixings to go with it?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I just updated both of my 436HPs to this firmware. Just curious I tried one out at work where the local county TRS' signal was never really good at work. Comparing it with mine at home on a yagi, the one at work is decoding a lot better than it used to at my desk. I have a updated GRE-800 (converted to a Whistler 1080 from Whistler with the latest SW/FW) and the updated 436HP sitting beside each other at my desk. The PSR-800 (with a RS 800MHz antenna) is decoding 0% where the 436HP (with a Diamond RH77CA) is decoding about 60% compared with the 436HP at home. I've tried swapping the antennas with the same results.

The last FW version for the 436HP decoded about as well as the PSR-800.

Pat

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to get that answer since November.

If there's a Beta out there and it's been available for months on end now. Why not make it a public release for it.

Just because it's a beta release doesn't mean we all want to install it.

What's the hold up on this and what were the fixings to go with it?

If I recall correctly there are not many people who actually work on the firmware (maybe just one person), so sometimes it can take awhile for the releases to come out. My guess is they're focusing on the SDS100 and 200 right now, so the 436 and 536 are on the back burner for awhile.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Should see something very soon that might qualify as an "omnibus" update. We've made many advances on SDSx00 and the P2 models that we are working on rolling into this platform. As Pat mentioned, we don't have an unlimited number of engineers, so are always having to prioritize based on issue severity. Overall, this platform has been humming along nicely, so the other platforms got first attention.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks UpMan:
Glad to see that there is something on the way for our X36's. It lease we know now that they are not forgotten now that the SDS's are the new flagships.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Should see something very soon that might qualify as an "omnibus" update. We've made many advances on SDSx00 and the P2 models that we are working on rolling into this platform. As Pat mentioned, we don't have an unlimited number of engineers, so are always having to prioritize based on issue severity. Overall, this platform has been humming along nicely, so the other platforms got first attention.
In fairness, most of us recently posting in this thread haven't necessarily been complaining about "nothing new coming?", but rather that the beta 1.25.00 firmware announced in this thread way back in September was never promoted to the public release. Since, as you said, this platform has been humming along nicely, it's somewhat puzzling as to why beta firmware that has been out for half a year was never elevated to public release to make it easier for everyone to upgrade via Sentinel. :unsure:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There are sometimes hooks to test and diagnostic modes in beta versions that we'd rather not have in public release. But, also we knew we'd have some additions and kept putting off this update as we said "ooh, ooh, heres another one we can add, lets hold off until it is tested!".

So, the down side is long time to update, but the upside is all those other scanner owners did most of the testing for you.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
but the upside is all those other scanner owners did most of the testing for you.
I've been running 1.25.00 since the day it dropped...no one does my testing for me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.