Sacramento P25 system

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
There are plans to go to an automated dispatching system called WestNet. Likely testing for that.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Nooooo! I've always thought Sacramento Fire dispatch sounded the coolest. Robo-dispatchers are so lame.

According to the WestNet website, they don't use a computerized voice, but I do believe they use pre-recorded voices, which I feel would not sound any better because the inflections of each word would likely vary slightly. I'm not quite sure, I haven't heard it in use.

officer_415

Database Admin
According to the WestNet website, they don't use a computerized voice, but I do believe they use pre-recorded voices, which I feel would not sound any better because the inflections of each word would likely vary slightly. I'm not quite sure, I haven't heard it in use.

MattF_NorCal

Premium Subscriber
This doesn't sound nearly as good as the examples in the video — the system seems to be having a lot of trouble with road name pronunciation, at least with the few dispatches I've heard in the last few minutes. It's borderline undecipherable.

LNUradioguy

This doesn't sound nearly as good as the examples in the video — the system seems to be having a lot of trouble with road name pronunciation, at least with the few dispatches I've heard in the last few minutes. It's borderline undecipherable.
Very early in the testing...hopefully in a few months it'll be dialed in.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You guys beat me to this post. I think this is a good move, but it doesn't happen overnight (there's too many calls in our area these days). Is it expected that this voice will move to B1 (and/or A1) or will D1 become the new dispatch?

ScanningHertz

Just heard some tests on Dispatch C TGID 3355
Hearing dispatchers for Metro Fire, not just Sac City

Granted it's being tested (configured), I was never a fan of automated dispatch. Even as a final product it sounds too synthetic to me.

However, I have read that many Fire Dispatchers like the automation. Less talking.

Other examples:

crucialcolin

haha reminds me of a lot of navigation systems dealing with Cirby Way in Roseville. They usually call it "Sir Bee" way. In fact I think Google Map still pronounces it wrong.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
As I'm bored at work, now in Davis, I've been watching the Davis site for a couple of weeks. At the moment, there is nothing of any interest to me currently on the system, but I have every published talkgroup silenced but listen to unknown talkgroups. I've been seeing quite a bit of traffic on a few unpublished talkgroups. The two that I've been hearing this morning both appear to be maintenance channels for UCD. The one I've been hearing the most of has been 1355, where the primary person is called "Control 2" and it appears to be electricians. I also started hearing traffic on 1359 where they have been talking about water flow alarms... presumably, fire sprinkler water flow sensors, which could be either electrical or plumbing. I was then hearing "testing" traffic being called over 1361.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
UC DAVIS

1355Facilities Management CommonFAC COM
1359Facilities Management MechanicalFAC MECH
1361Facilities Management StructuralFAC STRU

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
As of today, June 1, I am no longer receiving the two Sacramento Analog systems. Looks like they've finally made the switch.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
It does appear the SmartZone system has been taken offline.

Interesting though, is that half of the radios from outside agencies over the weekend assisting in the protests were on the analog system, not P25. According to my Unitrunker, there were 157 radios used on the analog system within the past 5 days still.

etofsrud

So with the analog system being turned off. are they now on their Project 25 Phase I system? I've not programmed it in yet, but will if that's where they are now.