• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

highstupid

Banned
Hi all,

I’m trying to figure out how to wire up my SVR-200 to my XTVA. I’ve got it all figured out except for the COR and TXing wires for the SVR. My question is this: is there a COR output on the XTVA? I’m just gonna tie the ptt and TXing lines together.

RFI-EMI-GUY

The best you can do is pick off DC voltage from the speaker wires and run through an optocoupler.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I was thinking about doing a op amp comparator on the RX audio line and set it to cause COR to go high on audio playback
Nothing that elaborate required.

You might find that the speaker lines from the radio itself rise to 1/2 VCC or about 3.75V when the radio unmutes. That may be enough on its own to drive an optocoupler through a resistor of 1K or more. Use the optocoupler as COR. Or an NPN transistor instead of optocoupler.

RFI-EMI-GUY

You want to detect a 3.75V rise between ground and just one of the speaker leads. Measure with a meter to see if the voltage rises from zero to approx 3.75 referenced to ground. Use a ~ 1K resistor to limit current to the optocoupler.

Why do you have an SVR on an XTVA? Are you leaving a portable in it as a mobile radio?

highstupid

Banned
Yep. That’s the plan. I have to reverse the logic for the VRS pin but I’m doing that with a relay so my only issue is COR but I guess you’ve solved it for me. Thanks for the help

highstupid

Banned
You want to detect a 3.75V rise between ground and just one of the speaker leads. Measure with a meter to see if the voltage rises from zero to approx 3.75 referenced to ground. Use a ~ 1K resistor to limit current to the optocoupler.

Why do you have an SVR on an XTVA? Are you leaving a portable in it as a mobile radio?

I’m guessing a .6v PtP isn’t enough for a optocoupler so I did a comparator with a potentiometer

RFI-EMI-GUY

You should be measuring a ~ 3.75 DC voltage transition, referenced to ground as the amplifier turns on inside the radio. Not AC PtP....

RFI-EMI-GUY

I’m getting the audio as is from the 25 pin connector

Yeah, it looks like a lot of filtering, DC blocking and buffering between the radio and the power speaker terminals.
Do you have a schematic of the XTVA? You might be able to get the DC signal from J6 pin 2 or pin 7.

ASTRO XTS/Dimetra MTP Portable Radios Vehicular Adapter (XTVA) Instruction Manual Dimetra XTVA & Service 6881088C78 O

1644972071756.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.