BCDx36HP Firmware 1.22.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I usually just read the firmware update threads without jumping into the fray, but I will break from that just to throw in my $0.02:
Paul, thank you & your team for continuously striving to improve the product.
(I'm now 2 FW versions behind, so I guess I know what I'll be doing when I get up tomorrow...)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing an improvement in the Phase 2 UID's being displayed from version 1.21.00. I know it wasn't mentioned in the release notes and it has been a hectic weak with the release of Sentinel and the SDS100 so maybe it was overlooked? Hoping the debug logs I'm submitting through Houk are landing on the right desk...lol!

Just a follow-up after a few days om monitoring/watching Phase 2 talk groups. An "occasional" UID doesn't capture, but the responding UID will display. Previous firmware the pattern of dropped UID's was more of a consistent pattern of no capture. Even if it wasn't mentioned in the release notes, their was a notable change...thank you.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Just a follow-up after a few days om monitoring/watching Phase 2 talk groups. An "occasional" UID doesn't capture, but the responding UID will display. Previous firmware the pattern of dropped UID's was more of a consistent pattern of no capture. Even if it wasn't mentioned in the release notes, their was a notable change...thank you.

I'm glad you posted this as I thought it was just me. 1.21.00 was a fail for me on P2 UID's, 1.22.00 greatly improved this.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad you posted this as I thought it was just me. 1.21.00 was a fail for me on P2 UID's, 1.22.00 greatly improved this.

I'm also glad you responded and noted the same. Are you seeing the same behavior...the "less sporadic" UID not displaying? It could be radio/system related but it's good to see the UID's display like all the other digital systems.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm also glad you responded and noted the same. Are you seeing the same behavior...the "less sporadic" UID not displaying? It could be radio/system related but it's good to see the UID's display like all the other digital systems.

I see UID's probably 95% of the time now and they even update during a call. Occasionally a conversation will be completely void of a UID, but is no where near what it was on 1.21.00.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
LCN Finder is indeed broken on DMR Cap+ systems. Again. Getting reception, but LCN FInder is just like it was back before FW .17 or .18 I think it was that fixed it? Works fine on Con+ and still doing good for NXDN. So we know it was some change made in FW .21 that popped it off kilter, and has not fixed it again yet. Am going to go back to FW .20 as that worked with no issues that I could find.

If the corrected LCNs are entered manually, does the site scan OK? (i.e. is it only a LCN finder issue or broader issue?)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
With the jail system, LCN Finder does not work, and I have zero reception, even with correct LCNs entered. I'm not even getting the activity log entries in ProScan I would expect to see if the jail system had suddenly gone 100% encrypted.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If the corrected LCNs are entered manually, does the site scan OK? (i.e. is it only a LCN finder issue or broader issue?)

It was just like before. LCN finder, and overall not as good reception thus causing missed convos etc... I was getting signal, but it was not tracking like before FW .17 or .18.. Whichever it was before .19 that fixed things. Which is why I am curious as to does Firmware effect AGC? It was not as severe as Jon is having with him not getting ANYTHING at all. But it is a PITA when almost everything seems to be working properly, then the next couple of updates bonk it. I know the techs and yourself must be frustrated as hell.

melbournefan

Oddly enough, Cap+ systems sometimes work without the need for LCN's. Just had one pop up on my 436....

vocoder

If decoding threshold or internal settings were changed, can the programmers put back the settings from version .21 The decode seems a little rusty with .22 compared to before
Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If decoding threshold or internal settings were changed, can the programmers put back the settings from version .21 The decode seems a little rusty with .22 compared to before
Thanks

Go back to Auto, or re-establish manual settings. The threshold values were changed because some systems were outside the old set.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LOL Very true... .19 seems to be the BEST for my scanner currently. LCN finder on DMR Con+, Cap+ and the couple of Cap+ with RAS seems to be working fine. LCN Finder on NXDN also working fine. ID Search and Scan I find no issues. No lagginess. P25 is also working fine. No Phase II currently in my area to test anything on. Now will hope that this Friday when .23 hits, it will be a good match for me. Other than having a pretty dim backlighting, and waiting for Unidenparts.com to get those speakers in stock, so mine will ship so I can replace mine... Everything is copacetic.
But yeah, these FW issues are proving that there is NO universal fix FW wise that will have every scanner in line and rockin booty to time. It just shows that each run of model has unique issues that you can fix with individual solutions. Sorry but no other answer you can logically reach at this point. If it was not so, then this would ALL have been fixed and put to rest universally by now.

melbournefan

Also, I'm finding that if I am scanning a Con+ system, it will only scan one slot at each time.
For instance, if I turn the knob on the 436, it will be deaf until someone keys up on the same slot or TGID. I know that there are more users because DSD+ says that there are more. Sometimes the scanner will blink at the other slot and then it wont let me listen, as if I got the LCN order wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.