BCDx36HP Firmware Update 1.26.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentorious

Wow. I did the firmware update just because it was available, and without reading about the changes. After I did my 436, and I heard some radio traffic, I immediately stopped what I was doing to look a the display. It sounded so much better that I didn't recognize who I was hearing. The 536 is much improved too. Thanks so much for this upgrade.

walt991

Release Notes:
1. Change to disable housekeeping when scanning only one site.
2. Support for displaying EA EDACS system ID.
3. Fixed reboot issue with many sessions in user recording mode.
4. Fixed squelch backlight issues.
5. Speed up record file search.
6. Improved the clarity of digital voice.
7. Modified muting issue during analog reception.
8. Modified the valid condition of EDACS system ID.
Not sure if this update was supposed to fix Provoice or not, but I still have issues with raspy, muffled sound with Provoice transmissions. Analog sound on the same system sounds crystal clear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this update was supposed to fix Provoice or not, but I still have issues with raspy, muffled sound with Provoice transmissions. Analog sound on the same system sounds crystal clear.

One ProVoice system or multiple? If one I'd suspect it's the system or users...

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Count me amongst those who have seen improvement. At the moment, I've only been able to monitor a P25 Phase 1, EDACS Analog, and a couple of conventional analog channels. Noticeable improvement, though prior to the update I would say audio quality was bad.

jwyke

Premium Subscriber

Don't know where you are, but Provoice in Oklahoma City on my SDS100 and BCD436HP is great (before and after update).

Bill1426

Since I installed firmware v1.26 on my BCD536HP, all my channels have a hiss and the audio(talking) has gotten lower.
Almost as if it's off freq... I notice it more on the conventional channels.
I even went back to F/W v1.25. Also went from NFM to FM.. But, to no avail.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
That's a bummer.
I have the same problem on just one 536 and a 996XT.

I've always wanted to open one up and see what these controls consist of but never have. I mean, are they an optical encoder or some form of rotary control that uses a potentiometer or resistance control?
If optical, it could be dust got into the control, if some form of mechanical resistance control, it may need a control cleaner like DeOxit.
I don't recall seeing anyone post what type of control they use for the function control.

i have the same problem on my 536, i got tired of paying 79$ to get it fixed only to go bad less than a year later, sometimes as early as 4-5 months. i just deal with it. i have alot of pre configured discovery sessions so that way all i have to do is select the session instead of fumble with the controls to build one. plus, when you go in and edit a session summary file you can change things like maximum record time from 600 seconds to something like 34000, which is i think about 9 hours. i have copies of a bunch of sessions on my pc and load them in depending on what im working on or where i am traveling to.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
1.26 works great in regards to discovery mode no crashing! that was so annoying to have one of my 5 scanners crash a day, then having to run wondershare recovery program on them. thanks upman fro getting that taken care of. i havent had to recover files from a crash since the update.

hopefully the next update will reverse the file naming in discovery to year first instead of second first. the current naming structure in discovery SUCKS!!!, as i have mentioned before. you cant sort them for consolidating sequentially. you can try sorting by the file creation date in attributes but that only works if the files were not recovered from a crash.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
After I did the firmware update, I am no longer able to connect to the wifi.

It was working perfect, before the firmware upgrade. After the firmware upgrade, I can no longer connect to the wifi.

Any ideas how to fix this?

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
#1 Yes
#2 Yes
#3 Yes

Still no luck.
Weird, it worked fine before the upgrade. Then afterwards, not so much :(

Ubbe

How long does it takes until you get a message on the display?
What does the text say?
If you see other networks, you can set one up from your mobile phone, try to connect to them even if you don't have the password just to stir around in the pot.
Look in your router that you haven't locked a fixed IP network adress for the scanners MAC adress. Let it use DHCP to assign an IP adress of it's own before setting one manually to the MAC adress.

/Ubbe

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
One of the things I have noticed in this latest version on my 436 is muted audio or something like that on 2 particular analog talkgroups on this system below. Whenever they show up no audio comes through and no they are not encrypted talkgroups. These are everyday active analog talkgroups.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2560

35200 Kingston West
35456 Ottawa Alpha

I have checked all my settings. Everything seems to jive and no other issues I have noticed this far.

I have no idea what is causing this.

What was point 7 about in the 1.26 update about modified muting of analog reception?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
One of the things I have noticed in this latest version on my 436 is muted audio or something like that on 2 particular analog talkgroups on this system below. Whenever they show up no audio comes through and no they are not encrypted talkgroups. These are everyday active analog talkgroups.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2560

35200 Kingston West
35456 Ottawa Alpha

I have checked all my settings. Everything seems to jive and no other issues I have noticed this far.

I have no idea what is causing this.

What was point 7 about in the 1.26 update about modified muting of analog reception?

^^^ Attention @UnidenSupport (or @UPMan if you're checking up things). [Just posting to tag them.]

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
After several days trying to fix the issue. I rebooted the router/modem several times. Rebooted the scanner several times. And nothing worked. So I took a day off from trying to troubleshoot it. Then I started again today, I rebooted the router/modem, and then input the info in the scanner for the wifi, then some reason it FINALLY took it and worked. So dunno what the issue was, because I did this many times before recently and it did not work. But today it finally did. So I guess, the moral of the story is to be like the turtle and be persistant and keep trying, because it will eventually work lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.