BCDx36HP Firmware Update 1.26.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_one

I have two 325P2's. One has a broken display but has PV added. It scans fine but I have to control it with Freescan. I just got a BCD436P2. I did plug in OKC p25 to see if they have anything going yet. But I also plugged in OKC Edacs. It said it didn't have any modes added. But I'm able to scan places like Yukon Fire and EMS. Did they downgrade to Edacs analog? I'm thinking of updating to PV on payday even though its near EOL.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
This has nadda to do with firmware update. It is also not the place to ask about a local system. As for IMHO on getting the upgrades, if it has a possibility of being used in your area get the upgrade.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
Obviously nobody is paying any attention to what is being posted or it would have been dealt with by now.

_Sergey_

Hi. Is there a direct link to the firmware file?
My firewall blocks the connection to the server (
Many thanks.

jfmartin

Will there be more firmware updates for the 436? movement is not seen in the forum ... they are expensive equipment and should continue updating to correct and improve

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The SDS was also a replacement to the x36's and with the passing of UPMan who we know designed the SDSx00's and was deep in the x36's nobody knows anything and Uniden never tips their hand until something is done. The x36's can be had for $150 or more less than list price so to me that leaves questions on how long the x36's will still be for sale.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I would think Uniden would drop the 996 and 325 before the x36 line...

jfmartin

improve dmr decoding quality, its quality is somewhat distorted ... another thing that should be solved is the scanning of frequencies that transmit with RAS are not detected when scanning (Monse stops searching)

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I just expect their bankruptcy.
Almost 1 year no firmware update.
Nobody here wants scanners without fw support or development !!

In all my days, firmware updates did not exist.
Those that did usually required swapping a UV erasable eprom chip with a new one from the factory.

Many companies existed just fine without ever issuing a firmware update. Most people had no idea what firmware even is.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
DRM works fine on mine (though I'm not in a simulcast area) YMMV.

As to firmware updates I think most of us were spoiled by having UPMAN here and being very active. Personally, I doubt Uniden has put in the required skills and duties for whomever assumes UPMAN's duties, "Applicant must be active and engaged with customers in the "Radio Reference Forums" and other forums".

It would be nice to hear from UnidenSupport here again but as the saying goes, It is what it is.

Ubbe

Older scanners where not as complicated as modern digital scanners. It was almost impossible to have a bug but the ones that did exist where silently fixed at the factory by a new cpu version in the scanner.

BCD536 have not as good DMR decode quality as a Whistler TRX or a chinese DMR radio.

I believe that the attempt to automaticly detect RAS and encryption are not fully working and are false detecting those modes, it false detects TG's a lot at weaker signals, and as encryption are instantly skipped it misses some transmissions. My TRX and DMR radios are 100% at decoding the same DMR signals. It should have been better if the RAS and encryption modes could have been set manually for each system and department, instead of trying to do it automaticly. It could then also have the option to stay on encrypted calls for traffic analyze purposes.

Of course the best solution would had been to have the Uniden scanner to detect DMR with a 100% accuracy, but that seems to be too difficult to do. I can never be sure of that the 536 logfiles show a new TG or if it has done a false decode. Never any such problems with the TRX logs.

You probably don't notice any problems if you do not have ID search enabled that show all TG's that the Uniden scanner thinks it decodes.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

Ubbe you forgot to say the TRX scans Voice Channels the same as a CHEAP Chinese DMR Radios and does not TRUNK TRACK DMR SYSTEMS like the x36's SDSx00's 996P2's or the 325P2's do.
Whistlers way of tracking calls by the voice channels seems to work better, 100% success, compared to Unidens control channel tracking at probably a 90% success. At bigger sites with many frequencies or a busy system, the voice channel tracking could have a delay until the call is found, the first syllable are lost, depending of where in the scan of frequencies the scanner are, compared to the active call that are configured to be tracked.

If a Uniden are locked to a single DMR control channel and not scanning them, the success rate of hearing a call increase. The longer the hold time for a site the better the success rate becomes. If I scan DMR systems conventionally with a 536 it seems to always manage to catch the call but a lot of functions are lost in that mode. One problem with Unidens bad DMR decode quality are that as soon as there's a bit error it seems that it could interpret that as an encryption and instantly leaves the system during scan. It skips over active calls in sites with weak signals too often during normal trunked scan.

It's exactly the opposite for P25 where Uniden really shines and that mode works perfect even if the P25 signal are mostly covered in noise.

Unidens DMR decode seems to work without error correction as it needs a perfect signal without any kind of noise. As I remember the DMR decode worked almost perfect before Uniden added RAS compability. At that mode the site scrambles the checksums for the datastream, which are used to do error correction. It probably are some kind of bug in the firmware that switches to RAS mode, that disable error correction in the scanner, at the slightest bit error, even when the system does not use RAS. The same bug probably makes the decode function think it receives an encrypted signal.

/Ubbe

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replay Ubbe but my Unidens track the DMR T3 system here 100% tested with a Motorola and a Tait both as stated here many times each person may have a different experience do to how they setup their scanner the environment they are in and how the system was setup by the Radio Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.