DSD FL 2.345 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Change Log
----------

DSD+ 2.345

Talkgroup hold text now flashes in channel and event window title bars.

Added Console Log Verbosity Level setting to Misc menu.

Added P25 TDMA control channel decoding. Voice following (trunk tracking) should work,
but is untested.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for all the work on this!

I'll post this here so everyone can see it.

From my limited testing today on the Duke Energy TDMA control channel sites in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area, it appears I am getting neighbors list from some sites but no alternate control channels and on other sites I am getting alternate control channels but no neighbors list.

I'm not sure if they are using both time slots to broadcast control data and that could be the cause, the software may only be pulling data from one time slot?? Or it could be something else.

Other than that it seems to be working great, I haven't seen any site activity other than the control channel yet from the sites in my area.

hrh17

Has anyone encountered this bug, in 2 dongle mode of their dsdplus VC freezing after start up? Or when enabling console log verbosity level

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you are in range of systems using the new control channels maybe you can make some recordings to submit to the DSDPlus team. Might help the cause....

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to make source recordings this morning and every time I start the recording DSD crashes. Not sure if this is related to the freezing reports from above or not.

Attachments

• 20210727_101114.jpg
    20210727_101114.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 34

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have been trying to make source recordings this morning and every time I start the recording DSD crashes. Not sure if this is related to the freezing reports from above or not.

You're DSDPlus folder might be in a location / directory structure that is protected by the OS, or watched/scanned by AV software. My recommendation would be to run DSDPlus once with admin privileges and then try to record raw audio. If it does not crash, then you know it's a situation whereby the folder is in a position that Windows is trying to protect (or AV software is trying to protect).

Mike

hrh17

If you are in range of systems using the new control channels maybe you can make some recordings to submit to the DSDPlus team. Might help the cause....
Yeah sorry was rather late at night when I wrote that message. This is standard p25 phase 1. I've managed to fix this bug hy removing -_3 and -f1 from my start up bat

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I imagine the author is aware of any problems that may be mentioned in this thread.

In addition i did forward information specific to:

• Duke Energy P25 Phase II TDMA control channel sites that either produce info on primary/alt CCs but no peers or only primary CC with peers.
  • Frequencies not showing up in the Channel Activity window, although the channel numbers show up, when monitoring TDMA CC P25 Phase II sites

For some people who could have issues (and this is just my experience), you could shut down DSDPlus, rename your DSDPlus.bin file to something else (like DSDPlus.bin.old) and restart DSDPlus. (note: this will revert all your saved DSDPlus settings back to default and you will have to adjust your Inputs / Outputs / Control settings again). And if doing this doesn't fix some oddity you have, then you can always shut down DSDPlus, rename the DSDPlus.bin file to DSDPlus.bin.new and then rename DSDPlus.bin.old to DSDplus.bin and restart DSDPlus -- you'll then be back to your original DSDplus saved settings.

If you are experiencing issues that you are quite confident are issues that the author needs to know about, either record some raw audio when the odd activity is occurring (by pressing R in DSDPlus to record a .wav file or by pressing R in FMP* to record an .IQ file) and then upload those files somewhere and provide a link in email to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com along with a description. If you are sending .wav files, you may get away with sending them via email zipped or unzipped as the .wav files of the same length of time are much less in size than the .IQ files.

To my knowledge, i don't know of a way to "play back' .IQ files, but certainly the author knows how to make use of them. The IQ files are larger because they contain the whole swath of band that the dongle/device is capturing over a period of time. And the .wav files are smaller because they are only capturing the specific signal you are monitoring at the filter width (4 -22 khz BW) you are monitoring it.

If people have issues (whether it is with DSDPlus, an SDS scanner, OP25, BTT, Unitrunker, or something else), if you want to see it fixed you should expect to jump through some hoops and provide what the author needs in order to troubleshoot/fix the issue. But be at least somewhat confident that the problem lies with the App and not your setup, so as to avoid needlessly burdening the author.

Just my take on what I think is helpful advice.

Mike

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I was having some serious problems with decoding on a strong signal. I did what @mtindor said to do and renamed the DSDPlus.bin file and so far it has been working fine.

W4UCK

Perhaps this is the right place to ask about command line switches. Everything is working quite well. I run DSD+ with SDR#. I have read and read but cannot find command line switches that achieve the following such every time i start everything running I have to manually: 1) change role to passive monitor, change input to audio #1 (VB-Cable) (can't change input channel until role is changed to passive), change Raw source monitor to to 1 (monitor is no sync and signal present), turn off recording. Isn't there some way i can automate that all to happen automatically?

Thanks,

Jim

merlin

Is there by chance an updater in fastlane ? I go to the site where I got 2.256 and no site there.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
It will then download I zipped file. You will need 7-zip or an equivalent with the password that was originally given to you to unlock and unzip the file. There will be a text document with instructions, but usually it is a copy and paste into the dsd+ folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.