Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (P25) Kentucky

FireLt111

Assistant Fire Chief
Hello.
Just have a quick question. Can this system be picked up on ANY scanner at the present time?
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (P25) - Lexington, Kentucky.

I have a Whistler scanner that picks up Boyd County, KY on the (P25) system. Will this scanner work?
My scanner is a WS1065 as well as the hand-held version of the desktop scanner.

I am wishing to pick up the Fire/EMS & Police

Many thanks in advance,
Tim Granger
Asst Fire Chief (ret)

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
it apoears that virtually all of the talk-groups for both police and fire on that system are either full time or part time encrypted. no way to know how often the TGs shown as part time encrypted are actually encrypted without monitoring them or by communicating with others in thar area. the system is listed as Phase 1 P25 so your current scanner is good. if you click the 'report' button in the lower left corner of this post you can ask to have this thread moved to the 'Kentucky' discussion forum. good luck.

Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (P25) Trunking System, Lexington, Kentucky

Last edited:

FireLt111

Assistant Fire Chief
Encrypted? Ok, well that will certainly keep it off the air for scanners to pick up...correct?

Are there ANY scanners that pick this up?

Thanks,
Tim

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Encrypted? Ok, well that will certainly keep it off the air for scanners to pick up...correct?

Are there ANY scanners that pick this up?

Thanks,
Tim
no. but since your current scanner will work on Phase 1 P25 there's no reason not to program that system to see what happens or chat with others in the KY forum.

BJ2021

Was: KF4JKY-10
I emailed them about a year ago and got a direct response from them they don’t want the public listing into medical calls and sensitive information.you can still the Lextran bus’s and city workers but no police or fire

FD101

Premium Subscriber
LexTran isn’t encrypted, neither is streets and roads. Emergency Management is also in the clear as well as the Call E911 and Interop channels but for the most part all talk groups are encrypted.

BJ2021

Was: KF4JKY-10
There is one Talkgroup you should program 110 you don’t get used much, but when it does, it will make you scratch your head and get a good laugh and make you wander why encrypt every but that