• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Radio Reference Import Feature For Beta users of 1.40 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Why dont we post what model Pager you have that the new beta 10 is NOT running on?
I know 2 of you have G5 both are VHF models.

Is any one that PPS isnt working using a dif model pager?
Mine are g4 no issue
Also G5 UHF no issue

Beta 10 working fine on my VHF G5... was able to import from RR, write to the G5, and then I reloaded my previous profile with no issues.

kuzikan

Can add that mine seems to work after it has set for some time. Not sure if logging out of pps and computer helped or if the pc going into sleep mode.

Also I programmed G5 VHF and G5 UHF and read back to pps etc multiple times yesterday testing. Everything seemed fine until late in the day when I logged into the pc and pps and it started the errors.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I installed beta 10 on my original computer. I didn't uninstall beta 9 or import any profiles into 10 and was able to do 2 RR imports. We'll see if this holds up.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
I have a G5 VHF and so far, I have not had any issues using the new beta 10 with importing from RR and then programing my pager.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
When I hit the big orange "Import Radio Reference" button in the top right corner the entire PPS errors out and closes. Anyone else experience this?

mharris

Premium Subscriber
I switched from my MS Surface Pro to a different machine and the import feature works. Hmmmmmm.......

Hit_Factor

I switched from my MS Surface Pro to a different machine and the import feature works. Hmmmmmm.......
Probably not platform hardware dependent, something software is likely the culprit. Could be overly protective security software, virus, network, poorly written driver that doesn't share resources. Quite literally it could be thousands of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.