n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to make the text larger within the program ?

Is there anyway to adjust font sizes ?

I have a 24 inch wide screen monitor and text is small.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to make the text larger within the program ?

Is there anyway to adjust font sizes ?

I have a 24 inch wide screen monitor and text is small.

It can't be done within ProScan or any other Windows Program with a lot of controls. I've looked at this before a few times. Resizing the text will make the program not look right as the controls and options will be cut-off and not fit. It's a windows thing. If you know of a Win program with lots of controls that auto sizes nicely, let me know and I'll revisit it.

On Win 10 machines, this link will show how change the size of apps. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-apps-bigger-windows-10

Last edited:
It can't be done within ProScan or any other Windows Program with a lot of controls. I've looked at this before a few times. Resizing the text will make the program not look right as the controls and options will be cut-off and not fit. It's a windows thing. If you know of a Win program with lots of controls that auto sizes nicely, let me know and I'll revisit it.

On Win 10 machines, this link will show how change the size of apps. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-apps-bigger-windows-10

You could try to use the Magnifier from Windows. It works for me!!!

I have been having a problem playing back recordings. I am getting a 1 second record and a another one with zero time recorded . The 1 second one usually gives the TG and the zero doesn't. If you play the two recordings back , you miss approximately a second between both recordings but it is one transmission. It seems to happen when a TG 's Digits are extra long like 16777215.

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you a dedicated computer for ProScan, or just a second monitor, you can lower the entire screen resolution, which will make everything much larger. This perfect if viewing from any distance. You can even make it big enough to be viewed across the room!

freqseeker

Updating multiple instances on one computer.

I am running three radios using ProScan on one computer. Works great, but I have a question about how to install updates to the additional two instances. Do I delete everything in the additional folders and copy the original every time? If so will it keep the previous settings for that folder? I read the manual and believe that is the case.
I am using windows 10 if that matters. I had luck just updating the application file in the past, but the last time I received .dll errors.
Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am running three radios using ProScan on one computer. Works great, but I have a question about how to install updates to the additional two instances. Do I delete everything in the additional folders and copy the original every time? If so will it keep the previous settings for that folder? I read the manual and believe that is the case.
I am using windows 10 if that matters. I had luck just updating the application file in the past, but the last time I received .dll errors.
Thanks.

Just copy the ProScan.exe, all dll files, & ProScan_Manual.pdf files to a new folder
If you want the same options then copy ProScan.cfg file to the new folder.

freqseeker

Just copy the ProScan.exe, all dll files, & ProScan_Manual.pdf files to a new folder
If you want the same options then copy ProScan.cfg file to the new folder.

Thanks for the fast response. I assume the ProScan.exe file is listed as application in the file manager.
The reason I ask is the the CONFIG file ProScan.exe is what I assume you call the .cfg file.
Thanks again, great program and support. Just clarifying the above is correct.

Vince.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the fast response. I assume the ProScan.exe file is listed as application in the file manager.
The reason I ask is the the CONFIG file ProScan.exe is what I assume you call the .cfg file.
Thanks again, great program and support. Just clarifying the above is correct.

Vince.

Copy the circled files

Attachments

• Copy_Files.png
    Copy_Files.png
    46 KB · Views: 454

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Bob, I just installed Pro96Com to decode P25 sites. The data provided by that app is pretty cool. Just as an out of the box idea, could you and the Pro96Com author put your heads together and combine functionality. I truly like your Proscan app and am amazed at what it can do. I ran the Pro96Com on a Windows system attached (front port) to my Uniden XT scanner built with Proscan. I can't run them both at the same time though. Not sure of the scale of effort, but a combined set of functions would likely broaden your market and increase users value. Right now Pro96Com only does P25. Adding other systems would be gigantic and could put you in the space to get some of the casual SDR DSD+ business for users just doing decoding. Just a couple thoughts offered with sincerity to a respected app provided.. :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, I have a few Cap + freqs entered into my 436 and I see that while Proscan does display site info, it does not log what it sees. I entered the freqs and put a space in front followed by MHZ as seen in bravo14's video here https://forums.radioreference.com/u...134-analyze-lcn-finder-again.html#post2810355

My video of Proscan seeing but not logging here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjjjmflWYzE It is set to log each entry in a new row.

I'll look at this soon. What's the firmware version?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Bob, I have a few Cap + freqs entered into my 436 and I see that while Proscan does display site info, it does not log what it sees. I entered the freqs and put a space in front followed by MHZ as seen in bravo14's video here https://forums.radioreference.com/u...134-analyze-lcn-finder-again.html#post2810355

My video of Proscan seeing but not logging here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjjjmflWYzE It is set to log each entry in a new row.

I'll look at this soon. What's the firmware version?

1.11.31 is what the scanner is running.. The site info does show on the scanner also, not just in Proscan. If you need anything, let me know.

Thanks

pbeezy

Feed Provider
536HP RSOIP issues with audio and connectivity

I've had a server running on and off for a year or so. Clients get disconnected Server Code 8 usually about 10 minutes in. I haven't had this issue before.

Additionally I can only use G729 as my codec, Mp3 is choppy at any bitrate/sample rate. I am connected via Wifi dongle.

I don't have the Mp3 audio issues on my Webserver or Icecast stream. Any insights?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, I just installed Pro96Com to decode P25 sites. The data provided by that app is pretty cool. Just as an out of the box idea, could you and the Pro96Com author put your heads together and combine functionality. I truly like your Proscan app and am amazed at what it can do. I ran the Pro96Com on a Windows system attached (front port) to my Uniden XT scanner built with Proscan. I can't run them both at the same time though. Not sure of the scale of effort, but a combined set of functions would likely broaden your market and increase users value. Right now Pro96Com only does P25. Adding other systems would be gigantic and could put you in the space to get some of the casual SDR DSD+ business for users just doing decoding. Just a couple thoughts offered with sincerity to a respected app provided.. :)

I can't run them both at the same time though.

Why not? Connect Pro96Com to the front or rear port and ProScan to the port not used by Pro96Com. That way both programs will work on same scanner.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've had a server running on and off for a year or so. Clients get disconnected Server Code 8 usually about 10 minutes in. I haven't had this issue before.

Additionally I can only use G729 as my codec, Mp3 is choppy at any bitrate/sample rate. I am connected via Wifi dongle.

I don't have the Mp3 audio issues on my Webserver or Icecast stream. Any insights?

When did this issue start? Are all the clients disconnecting or just from a certain IP address? That will determine if the problem is on the client or server side. Is AVG anti-virus software running by any chance?

I tested the RSOIP using mp3 and Wi-Fi. Appears okay here. What OS version running?

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Why not? Connect Pro96Com to the front or rear port and ProScan to the port not used by Pro96Com. That way both programs will work on same scanner.

I will try that. I did think of that option but, maybe incorrectly, thought they would be using the same serial port address. But maybe it will work since each would be plugged into a different physical USB ports.

Thank you.