pbeezy

Feed Provider
When did this issue start? Are all the clients disconnecting or just from a certain IP address? That will determine if the problem is on the client or server side. Is AVG anti-virus software running by any chance?

I tested the RSOIP using mp3 and Wi-Fi. Appears okay here. What OS version running?

Its all clients

I have the Austin TX server, I switched it to Mp3 so you could hear the issue if you'd like.

No AVG Anti-Virus, running Windows 10

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the remote over IP I keep on seeing various error codes. What are the various error codes and what are the procedures to fix them? Most of the time I see people attempting to connect only to get booted after a second or two. I am using the 12.3 version to stream.

Error codes are meaningless. They mean the client can't communicate with the server. If all clients can't communicate or just certain ones will determine if the problem is on the server or client side. The problem can be router ports, NIC, cables.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Its all clients

I have the Austin TX server, I switched it to Mp3 so you could hear the issue if you'd like.

No AVG Anti-Virus, running Windows 10

I see a problem on the server side. Can you send me an email with the following. Also send the ProScan.cfg file so I can duplicate your setup.

Bug Reports - Advise on the following:
Product (ProScan, Free Client, or RadioFeed):
Version:
Scanner type:
OS type:
Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see a problem on the server side. Can you send me an email with the following. Also send the ProScan.cfg file so I can duplicate your setup.

I see the problem. Actually it's on the Client side. Working on a fix now. No need to send me a bug report. Will be fixed in the next release.

{edit} Changing the Server side Sample Rate to 11025 should hear good audio.

Last edited:

pbeezy

Feed Provider
I see the problem. Actually it's on the Client side. Working on a fix now. No need to send me a bug report. Will be fixed in the next release.

{edit} Changing the Server side Sample Rate to 11025 should hear good audio.

Ok cool will do! Thanks.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Bob, I have a few Cap + freqs entered into my 436 and I see that while Proscan does display site info, it does not log what it sees. I entered the freqs and put a space in front followed by MHZ as seen in bravo14's video here https://forums.radioreference.com/u...134-analyze-lcn-finder-again.html#post2810355

My video of Proscan seeing but not logging here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjjjmflWYzE It is set to log each entry in a new row..

I'll look at this soon. What's the firmware version?

1.11.31 is what the scanner is running.. The site info does show on the scanner also, not just in Proscan. If you need anything, let me know.

Thanks.

Bob, in addition to what's described above, I am trying to log new tg's and rid's on a Project 25 Phase I system. I do see unknown tg's show on the scanner and on the Proscan scanner display, but neither the tg's or the rid's are logging in proscan. So it's not just with Cap+. The signal meter shows a good signal.

Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Mp3 is choppy at any bitrate/sample rate. I am connected via Wifi dongle.

I don't have the Mp3 audio issues on my Webserver or Icecast stream. Any insights?

This is fixed. The mp3 decoding section was redesigned. Email me for the latest ProScan file to test on your computer.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, in addition to what's described above, I am trying to log new tg's and rid's on a Project 25 Phase I system. I do see unknown tg's show on the scanner and on the Proscan scanner display, but neither the tg's or the rid's are logging in proscan. So it's not just with Cap+. The signal meter shows a good signal.

Thanks

Can you email me any bug reports. It's more efficient and faster as I can ask questions and send out the latest ProScan file to test the fix. One bug per email please.

Email the bug reports to support@proscan.org

Bug Reports - Advise on the following:
Product (ProScan, Free Client, or RadioFeed):
Version:
Scanner type:
OS type:
Options pertaining to the bug:
Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hi Bob,

Love the software been using it for years now without issues. You ever thought of make a two tone detect app for those of us who do that for fire paging etc.. There is one out there but well it's a little meh and unstable.
My perfect app would be something that would detect any tones from 1 to whatever. Then I can use it for two tone fire, or 1 tone for EAS activation etc..

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob,

Love the software been using it for years now without issues. You ever thought of make a two tone detect app for those of us who do that for fire paging etc.. There is one out there but well it's a little meh and unstable.
My perfect app would be something that would detect any tones from 1 to whatever. Then I can use it for two tone fire, or 1 tone for EAS activation etc..

I don't think so at least not at this time. I have many things in the wish list and my own ideals want to do.

Ubbe

I'm trying to use an Acer Aspire One A150 netbook as a server for remote scanner over ip. I noticed that another member also tried this in 2012.

The screen resolution are only 1024x600 so I have to tilt the screen by using Alt+Ctrl+left arrow to be able to see the bottom of the screen, as there is no scroll function in ProScan when you make it a window instead of full screen.

This netbook has an built in 3G cellular modem I am using for its internet connection. But the problem is that the external WAN ip address and the internal LAN address are different and I cannot find anywhere to do port forwarding to let the port for ProScan go thru.

Does anyone have a clue where the changes need to be done in win7, or do I have to revert to getting an external mobile internet router that have easier access to its settings? The modem is a Globetrotter GTM380E.

/Ubbe

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to use an Acer Aspire One A150 netbook as a server for remote scanner over ip. I noticed that another member also tried this in 2012.

The screen resolution are only 1024x600 so I have to tilt the screen by using Alt+Ctrl+left arrow to be able to see the bottom of the screen, as there is no scroll function in ProScan when you make it a window instead of full screen.

This netbook has an built in 3G cellular modem I am using for its internet connection. But the problem is that the external WAN ip address and the internal LAN address are different and I cannot find anywhere to do port forwarding to let the port for ProScan go thru.

Does anyone have a clue where the changes need to be done in win7, or do I have to revert to getting an external mobile internet router that have easier access to its settings? The modem is a Globetrotter GTM380E.

/Ubbe

Normally it's done in the Router. If you don't have a Router, it looks like it's done in the Computer Network Properties. I googed "port forwarding without router" just now. At lot of hits on how to. I watched a youtube video and it seems to be straightforward. Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• network1.jpg
    network1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 364

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I agree it's probably a VirtualBox issue. What I did on VirtualBox running under Linux was, under VirtualBox/settings/serial ports, checked "connect to existing pipe/socket." Then below that you'll need to enter a device from your OSX machine on the line that says Path/Address.

Hope that gets you pointed in a helpful direction; no doubt there will be better guidance on a VirtualBox forum. Good luck!

--N4VU

Finally bought a license for ProScan, have it installed in a W10 instance within a VirtualBox instance on OS X.

With my BCD436HP attached, Sentinel works fine in that it can see the uSD card in the radio and do whatever I want to do to the card (read, write, whatever) but Sentinel has no virtual controls (unless there is a magical secret menu somewhere that I don't know about!).

Likewise, Freescan will see my BCD996XT (via a USB/RS-232 adapter) and (P2 direct USB) no problem.

But while ProScan can "see" the serial port (when I have the BCD436HP in serial port mode) and will even say "in use by this instance" in the comm port dialog box, nothing happens. Am I missing a magic "go" button? Yes, I have the Uniden serial port driver installed.

Now, if I reset the scanner to "mass storage" mode, ProScan can see the uSD just fine and read and write to it (proving that there is connectivity to the radio through that same USB cable).

What am I missing? Has anyone had this issue and solved it? Not really a ProScan issue but probably VirtualBox ... so ... anyone? Bueller?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Try restarting proscan go into scanner type select the 436.Set the comport to none click set and then go to the auto detect on the right and see if that clears up or issue.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Try restarting proscan go into scanner type select the 436.Set the comport to none click set and then go to the auto detect on the right and see if that clears up or issue.

No effect.

Earlier in the thread (way back), there was mention of changing the serial port settings within VBox and I think this is the right direction, I just need to be more diligent about evaluating the combinations and permutations. Serial ports are a pain in VMs - you can either get the guest OS to use the "container"'s representation of the native serial port OR use the guest OS's serial port. The latter isn't working so I need to get the former to work ... but lots of possibilities.

mule1075

Feed Provider
No problem it was just a thought.Do have freescan and or sentinel open while you are trying to connect to proscan?Just another thought.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk