webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hey BOB. It doesn't seem like %U is working with the new Metadata options. They show up in the display on proscan but not the ScanCast Feed.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey BOB. It doesn't seem like %U is working with the new Metadata options. They show up in the display on proscan but not the ScanCast Feed.

I'll look at that now.

EDIT: Below the Metadata source button, do you see the UID there?
EDIT AGAIN: This is fixed.

I may have a release 4.2.1 out tonight or tomorrow.

So far, I have for 4.2.1:
• Fixed - Sorting the History or Recording columns without any data can cause an error message.
• Fixed - Web Server and ScanCast - Unit ID not showing in the Metadata.

Free Client
• Fixed - Not saving configuration under certain conditions

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan 4.2.1 fixed a few bugs

ProScan supports the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D scanners.

Version 4.2.1
  • Fixed - Sorting the History or Recording columns without any data can cause an error message.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I had to go back to version 4.1 of thee software to keep my Web Servers running. Version 4.2 is causing issues with distorted audio and constant buffering when using media players on handheld devices especially.

I thought the problem was related to installing version 4.2 over 4.1 so I did a clean install of 4.2 and still have issues. I also tried Scannercast to prove this and have no issues with this program either. Something in Version 4.2 is all I can figure.

Chris
This one is fixed. Issue was with Web Server only. Worked with cabrubaker via email.

Metadata was not being sent when it should of and the media player tried to extract the metadata when it was extracting parts of MP3 frames messing up the audio or visa versa.

It's fixed in Ver. 4.2.1.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
ProScan supports the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D scanners.

Version 4.2.1

%U still not working here, doesn't show up at the bottom of Proscan either.

Could it be because I named my radios using a TGID list so the show up as names rather then numbers.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider

Could it be because I named my radios using a TGID list so the show up as names rather then numbers.

I just confirmed this myself. I had some non-assigned UID's show up and the feed displayed them. DOH!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

ProScan looks for a "UID:" in the datastream coming from the scanner.
In ProScan go to the Test tab and look at the STS line and see what the UID format looks like. The data is fast moving. To capture it, you may want to do a screen print and paste it to Microsoft Paint and look at it there.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
ProScan looks for a "UID:" in the datastream coming from the scanner.
In ProScan go to the Test tab and look at the STS line and see what the UID format looks like. The data is fast moving. To capture it, you may want to do a screen print and paste it to Microsoft Paint and look at it there.
No need, found the problem, see above.

kzav

The "Add" button in the database doesn't work for me since the update to 4.2.x.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Posted another ProScan 4.2.2 update

I posted another ProScan update 4.2.2
  • Fixed - DMA Database - Add button wasn't working.

K7CAR

I updated to the newest version 4.2.2 from 4.1.0 and don't like how much space the right side of the screen takes up in the Logging screen. With scrunching up the columns I can't get the System-Group-Channel visible without wiping out something to the left. Bob, would it be possible to make the Far right side button area a resizeable column rather than a fixed point on the screen?

I'm still waiting on space bar stop scan, space bar resume scan and I'll be a Happy Camper!....:) You've got the best scanning software out here, so I just like to poke a finger your way to keep you on your toes. :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I updated to the newest version 4.2.2 from 4.1.0 and don't like how much space the right side of the screen takes up in the Logging screen. With scrunching up the columns I can't get the System-Group-Channel visible without wiping out something to the left. Bob, would it be possible to make the Far right side button area a resizeable column rather than a fixed point on the screen?

I'm still waiting on space bar stop scan, space bar resume scan and I'll be a Happy Camper!....:) You've got the best scanning software out here, so I just like to poke a finger your way to keep you on your toes. :)

Right side resizable 's a good ideal. I'll put on it on the list.

Making suggestions by email are more efficient and preferred so I can organize them and find them easier. Sometimes I'll ask for more input and send out preview or test files.

Last edited:

k8jss

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I will be doing the 246 support as the problem is the 246 is missing a key protocol command GLG so the freqs / tgid's can't be retrieved for logging purposes and the quality of ProScan will be compromised.

I've been playing around with 246t communication protocol and it looks like the you can get by using the GID and STS command.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan 4.3.0 Is Out - Now Records In MP3

• Added - Recorder - Option for recording in MP3 or WAV format.
  • Changed - ScanCast - Changed method to get the current listeners specific to RadioReference because of server relays.
  • Changed - Custom program caption / title format.
  • Changed - Recorder - Custom filename format.
  • Fixed - Web Server - Certain media players was not connecting or took a long time to connect.
  • Fixed - Web Server & ScanCast - Improved audio quality with the higher sample rates.
No known bugs or issues at this time but with all the improvements and additions, hopefully none cropped up. Let me know of any bugs or issues.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
  • Added - Recorder - Option for recording in MP3 or WAV format.
  • Changed - ScanCast - Changed method to get the current listeners specific to RadioReference because of server relays.
  • Changed - Custom program caption / title format.
  • Changed - Recorder - Custom filename format.
  • Fixed - Web Server - Certain media players was not connecting or took a long time to connect.
  • Fixed - Web Server & ScanCast - Improved audio quality with the higher sample rates.
No known bugs or issues at this time but with all the improvements and additions, hopefully none cropped up. Let me know of any bugs or issues.
Installed and running. Took me a bit to find the dropbox for wav or mp3 :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Installed and running. Took me a bit to find the dropbox for wav or mp3 :)

Sorry about that. I should of made it clear. It's in the Audio Control -> Recorder tab.

Also the recording filenames can be customized. That's the option "Custom Filename Format" located in the Options - Audio Recorder section.