GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've had version 14.4 running for a while now but the web interface is no longer showing files and folders (its just stuck on Retrieving folders & files ). I've got a couple of other instances that are working ok. Any ideas what I can try? I've rebooted a couple of times.
First thing you ought to do is upgrade. 14.4 is ancient, the current release is 16.3. Read through the changelog to see if anything affects you between those two versions.

yorky

Premium Subscriber
Oops, nevermind. Just realised I had a shortcut to another shared folder and I changed IP addresses which broke the shortcut. Proscan must have been stuck on that, all good now thanks!

W8WCA

I have 2 Issues right now: - With PROScan and my SDS200

The first time I started PROScan - it came up with the Pop UP Windows for COM Ports and I picked the one I had the Scanner on.

But now I cannot get it to "see" the COM port. (I do set it to Mass Storage mode)

(By the way Sentinel sees the SDS200 fine - So my thought is the COM Port is ok)?

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

AND mostly my question is:
I did not find any place to read/write data from/to Scanner (Well there is a button in the Favorites window but clicking it did nothing.
I do not see any instructions on how to read and write data to and from scanner - (I must be missing it in the manual).

Sorry about this I am sure i am just missing something basic and simple

GeekNJ

Need to get it to the see the scanner before you can read/write. Once that is done, the Favorites editor in ProScan will allow you to read/write, but not while it is scanning. The scanner needs to be in storage mode vs scan mode. The Favorites editor in ProScan has an option to temporarily switch the scanner to storage mode so it can read/write and then after your selected time, switch back to scan mode. In the Read / Write scanner menu in Favorites, at the bottom, is an option to Send MSM command to the scanner and the time it will stay in storage mode to accomplish your read/write request.

W8WCA

Thanks!

When I get done (work stuff etc) I will try again to get it to "see" my Scanner (May try the standard Windows fix and reboot)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

When I get done (work stuff etc) I will try again to get it to "see" my Scanner (May try the standard Windows fix and reboot)
You don't need to fix or boot windows.
When using ProScan for display, remote control, & logging - Don't put the scanner in Mass Storage mode so it will be in Serial Port mode.
When using ProScan to read or write the favorites to the scanner - 2 options. 1) Put the scanner in Mass Storage mode or use FTP Scanner Read or Write.

Last edited:

W8WCA

You don't need to fix or boot windows.
When using ProScan for display, remote control, & logging - Don't put the scanner in Mass Storage mode so it will be in Serial Port mode.
When using ProScan to read or write the favorites to the scanner - 2 options. 1) Put the scanner in Mass Storage mode or use FTP Scanner Read or Write.

My first thing I want to do is: Read Data in scanner: So Mass Storage mode = ON.
Any suggestions on what to do if it does not " see" the com port?

I may look into FTP Scanner read also - I have not connected it to my LAN yet but will do that

Thank You for the quick response.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any suggestions on what to do if it does not " see" the com port?
Insure the scanner is in Serial Port mode. It will be if the scanner shows a normal display and not show "USB Mass Storage"display.
If ProScan doesn't want to communicate
Check the Win Device Manager like this image. If you don't have a Uniden Serial Port driver installed then here is the link. The link is for the BCD536HP however the driver is the same for the SDS200. See the Windows Serial Drivers section. BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

W8WCA

Insure the scanner is in Serial Port mode. It will be if the scanner shows a normal display and not show "USB Mass Storage"display.
If ProScan doesn't want to communicate
Check the Win Device Manager like this image. If you don't have a Uniden Serial Port driver installed then here is the link. The link is for the BCD536HP however the driver is the same for the SDS200. See the Windows Serial Drivers section.

OK I was thinking it HAD to be in Mass Memory Mode (Like Sentenial) to read or write!

Thank You!

Last edited:

W8WCA

OK I can see the Scanner when I have it in serial port mode.
And it shows on the ProScan display just like the sds200 display
That is going fine

But I cannot get it to read scanner.
Nothing happens with ANY Menu item ot button in the Favorites Editor area

GeekNJ

\

When you go to Read Scanner, you get a display window?

If you get the new window, at the bottom is a button that says "Send MSM command to scanner" and a field next to. Set the number next to it to say 180 (seconds) and then press the Send MSM command to scanner button. What happens?

GeekNJ

Here's a screenshot of what you should see when you click the Scanner Read menu. This shows the MSM button and field next to it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK I can see the Scanner when I have it in serial port mode.
And it shows on the ProScan display just like the sds200 display
That is going fine

It sounds like a File is not opened.
Go to the File menu then click on New then Click on Make New Folder. After you type in a name, click the OK button.
Now all the menu items should be enabled and you should be able to read the scanner Favorites list.

{edit} you can also go File - Open if you already have a Favorites list created

Last edited:

W8WCA

Next up: I cannot seem to get the Remote Server over IP going.

Port Forwarding all set ( I use a linux box as a router/gatewat/firewall)

Port changed to 5200 (I had something else using 5000)
Audio control is set (including URL setup)
Firewall on Windows Machine I have the software (PROScan) running on is opened for UDP & TCP Port 5200
Even turned off Win firewall

cannot connect to it using the Client (Bythe way the CLient says ProScan Client BCD996XT)

It does show up if I click Publish Server IP.

Any info on where to look next?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Next up: I cannot seem to get the Remote Server over IP going.

Port Forwarding all set ( I use a linux box as a router/gatewat/firewall)

Port changed to 5200 (I had something else using 5000)
Audio control is set (including URL setup)
Firewall on Windows Machine I have the software (PROScan) running on is opened for UDP & TCP Port 5200
Even turned off Win firewall

cannot connect to it using the Client (Bythe way the CLient says ProScan Client BCD996XT)

It does show up if I click Publish Server IP.

Any info on where to look next?

Did you setup the Router Port Forwarding correctly? Setup using TCP Only Port 5200, IP Address of the computer and not of the scanner.
Did the server start without errors?
Use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router to verify the Router Port Forwarding is working and the server can be seen from the outside.

W8WCA

Did you setup the Router Port Forwarding correctly? Setup using TCP Only Port 5200, IP Address of the computer and not of the scanner.
Did the server start without errors?
Use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router to verify the Router Port Forwarding is working and the server can be seen from the outside.
Ahh! I setup Port forwarding to Scanner:
It is working now thanks

I discovered it also needs the Computer IP in the Client Program not the scanner ip

Thanks for the open port tool - it was open

Last edited:

andyman82

TampaScan
Question ...

Would it be possible to have the softkeys for the SDS200 remote interface be their own separate buttons, similar to how the volume/squelch/scroll buttons are? I've been having quite the difficult time hitting the sweet spot for the softkeys with a touch screen, even when considerably pinch-zoomed.

Also is there a way to have the recorder start new files everyday? Sometimes a message recorded on the current day will be added to a file that was created on a previous day.

Thanks for reading!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Would it be possible to have the softkeys for the SDS200 remote interface be their own separate buttons, similar to how the volume/squelch/scroll buttons are? I've been having quite the difficult time hitting the sweet spot for the softkeys with a touch screen, even when considerably pinch-zoomed.
The soft keys are also actual buttons.

Also is there a way to have the recorder start new files everyday? Sometimes a message recorded on the current day will be added to a file that was created on a previous day.
I think that can be achieved now using the %D (Date) custom formatter in the Custom Recording Folders box.