ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Folks,
Just a quick update on my site. My site was down due to performance issues. I started the process of moving my site from a shared server to a dedicated server. HostGator assured me that it will be a seamless cutover. We'll see about that. They will keep my current site up until everything is working on the new site. It still will be ProScan. It will take a day or two for the DNS to propagate. During that time, if the new site is not reachable then the old or current site should still work.

Xplorer00

Premium Subscriber
Folks,
Just a quick update on my site. My site was down due to performance issues. I started the process of moving my site from a shared server to a dedicated server. HostGator assured me that it will be a seamless cutover. We'll see about that. They will keep my current site up until everything is working on the new site. It still will be ProScan. It will take a day or two for the DNS to propagate. During that time, if the new site is not reachable then the old or current site should still work.

I didn't receive an email If you want to help test.
Send to support@proscan.org

Bob, I've sent you an email regarding the Hits counter not updating.
You can now disregard both emails, as update 16.7 has fixed the error.

What it was, was that I updated a FL to include a new site where I included a comma in the site name.
Hits were not updating in both History and UID Logging.
Update 16.7 has addressed the issue to allow including a comma in a site name.
ProScan is now working seamlessly for what I use it for.

Thanks again for your prompt replies and the continuous support of your amazing versatile software.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Does ProScan save selected "record" channel settings when a new version is released or do they need to be reset? This is the first updated version since I began recording and lost the selected channels settings that were programmed. Had to check the boxes again.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does ProScan save selected "record" channel settings when a new version is released or do they need to be reset? This is the first updated version since I began recording and lost the selected channels settings that were programmed. Had to check the boxes again.
I'm not sure what you mean "lost the selected channels settings"??
The "Save" box should save when a new version is released. It works here and no changes in this area.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what you mean "lost the selected channels settings"??
The "Save" box should save when a new version is released. It works here and no changes in this area.
I thought it should save. Made a few programming changes in Sentinel and did the update for proscan (on 2 computers). Did a "read from scanner" via USB cable to Sentinel for the computer running ProScan. Not saying there's a problem with this at all, just a fluke or I did something. When I saw nothing recorded I found the boxes were unchecked, so I posted the question. Really enjoy this product with all the features that come with it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I thought it should save. Made a few programming changes in Sentinel and did the update for proscan (on 2 computers). Did a "read from scanner" via USB cable to Sentinel for the computer running ProScan. Not saying there's a problem with this at all, just a fluke or I did something. When I saw nothing recorded I found the boxes were unchecked, so I posted the question. Really enjoy this product with all the features that come with it.
I'll keep an eye on this. Any programming changes or read from the scanner will not affect the Recorder grid.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
Help needed. Well, I have tried doing this for a couple of weeks now. I have an sds100. I am trying to record through my Microsoft Surface Pro 7. The "one and only" jack on the Surface Pro is a combo jack for wired headphones, microphone or headset with mic/headphone combo. My understanding is that it is a TRRS (3 rings) jack. I have tried multiple ways of hooking it up, but still cant get it to work. I have tried to use an external USB sound card that has inputs and outputs for mic,headphone,speaker and 2 other USB jacks. Didn't work. I got an ext. cable that has TRS (2 rings) on one end and TRRS (3 rings) on the other end, and go directly from the sds100 headphone jack with the TRS end to the combo jack on the Surface Pro with the TRRS to that input. I can't seem to get the right combination to make it work, and I feel like I have tried everything that I can think of. I have gone into my Win10 control panel and enabled the external sound card and disabled the regular mic array. Then I have enabled the Line in input and disabled the others. Just can't figure it out. Any help or a link to a video would help me greatly. I am right now just trying to use it to record when I am asleep, but would like to also stream it for myself at times. Right now, I am just happy with getting the audio to record to the computer. Thanks in advance. -Bobby

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
I was getting a couple of responses in the sds100 forum but got shut down over there for crossposting, I guess. Thanks for anyone that can help and explain to me how to fix this issue. -Bobby

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
**This post is copied from the sds100 forum so as not to be repetitive in responses. Thanks again to ALL.

ausscan

JoinedMar 6, 2009Messages191
18 minutes ago
I use something like this on my laptop - this splits out the headphone and microphone jack then you can plug a regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable in.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sp...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

http://www.vicradiozone.com

[IMG alt="spywiz"]https://forums.radioreference.com/data/avatars/m/132/132780.jpg?1598235709[/IMG]
spywiz
Premium Subscriber

JoinedOct 23, 2007Messages18LocationDeep Run, NC
12 minutes ago
ausscan said:
I use something like this on my laptop - this splits out the headphone and microphone jack then you can plug a regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable in.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sp...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I have tried that exact same adapter with no success. Thanks for the reply. I have also tried the following.>>>>>>>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I3A47I4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CV9KT7W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V5HS4ZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And, a link to the Bluetooth adapter that I use that works for the vehicle, Beats bluetooth headphones, and Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MTFRKQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
There is two versions from what I see... Who knows which one it is... In general, not saying the surface is this way...

Termination.jpg

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
There is two versions from what I see... Who knows which one it is... In general, not saying the surface is this way...

View attachment 90776
After extensive research on this subject I have learned that my Surface Pro 7 does in fact have the newer version of this standard which is the CTIA Standard. But I still don't know why I can't get this to work with Proscan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
After extensive research on this subject I have learned that my Surface Pro 7 does in fact have the newer version of this standard which is the CTIA Standard. But I still don't know why I can't get this to work with Proscan.
Does the Win Mixer show audio?