ra7850

Do this. Make sure the web server is running. Open a command prompt and type:

netstat -an

post the output

Try typing this command instead from an administrator command prompt then upload results. The results will be written to a text file named netstat.output.txt The file will be located in the folder that you ran the netstat command from.

netstat -banf > netstat.output.txt

ra7850

So even after a port change to 5001 and the web server running, in a browser you can't access http://127.0.0.1:5001 on the machine the Proscan server is running on?

I believe that the web server would not have started if something else had that port open. Try stopping the web server, then restart it. Do you get any errors in Proscan when you try to restart it?

54firefighter

Premium Subscriber
Update>Proscsn PC is now communicating with the web server. (Chrome browser)
I still can not communicate with the web server on a 2nd computer or phone. (Chrome Browser)

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
What address are you trying to connect to from your phone, and is it on the same network?

54firefighter

Premium Subscriber
I updated my User Account on the Proscan PC. Tried connecting to web server. work like a charm every time, but only on that computer. no luck with 2nd computer or phone, same network

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I updated my User Account on the Proscan PC. Tried connecting to web server. work like a charm every time, but only on that computer. no luck with 2nd computer or phone, same network

Change the Max Connections from 1 to a higher value on the Web Server tab. Stop the server first.

SaSal

Just to cover all bases, can we get

Proscan PC that works,
IP address:
Mask:
Gateway:

Proscan PC that does NOT work
IP address:
Mask:
Gateway:

Can each PC Ping each other ?

54firefighter

Premium Subscriber
Max connections change to 10>No effect

Proscan PC
????

Non Proscan PC
????

no ping from either computer

using correct IP addess

SaSal

Proscan PC
????

Non Proscan PC
????

In cmd prompt - ipconfig will give Ip and subnet mask (expect it to be 255.255.255.0 ) as long as they the same on each PC etc then it will be fine.

The fact you cannot ping means either 1, they are on different subnets or 2 there is a firewall somewhere blocking ICMP.

If it is indeed a firewall, then chances are it is also blocking access, and most likely would be by blocking inbound connections - e.g the PC hosting pro scan denying any connections, resulting in other PC - phone etc not allowed to connect.

When you uninstalled Norton, from memory it will then turn on Windows FW by default, did you then turn that off and test ?

I would suggest on both PC's ensure :
1. Same subnet mask ( 99.9% sure it will be ..but hey been doing this too long to say 100% :p )
2. Both have Norton or any other FW software uninstalled
3. Windows FW turned off on both
4. Ensure you can get each PC pinging the other - once this is working the rest should fall into place.
5. Should that get everything working- turn on FW's 1 by 1 and test - if it stop then can work on fixing the issue and allowing the FW's to operate.

54firefighter

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to all the help, but since I have taken a break from this last time. I am back to square one with NO communications with any of my computers. I am a broken person by Proscan. Hold nothing against the program.