GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Don't misunderstand me...you can use ProScan to program the 325P2, that's not an issue. It sounded like you wanted to take the programming from your 436HP and dump it right into the 325P2 using ProScan, which you cannot do (to my knowledge). The two scanners use different memory architectures and therefore are stored differently by ProScan.

And no, ARC396 will not work. That software is for the 396T and 996T models only.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ah, right, I had forgotten about the HPE Import when working with a DMA scanner. You'll have to export your 436 programming as an HPE file(s), then import those into a database you create for the 325P2.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
From what I have read (other than here) this is the software of choice.

BUT, I'm looking for a step by step (direct & to the point) to program a P25 trunk system into a Undien 996P2 and haven't really found anything. Anyone point me to such an animal?

It's a county government service that handles the airport & buses (neither that I'm interested in) and LRRT (Light Rail Rapid Transit) along with their police department. The database only list one 5 channel 800MHz group of channels, but looking further shows 2 or 3 other 800 groups allocated to the service.
I hard programmed those 5 in directly just to see what I hear, but found 3 out of th 5 had data transmissions on them which I took as control channels.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
From what I have read (other than here) this is the software of choice.

BUT, I'm looking for a step by step (direct & to the point) to program a P25 trunk system into a Undien 996P2 and haven't really found anything. Anyone point me to such an animal?

It's a county government service that handles the airport & buses (neither that I'm interested in) and LRRT (Light Rail Rapid Transit) along with their police department. The database only list one 5 channel 800MHz group of channels, but looking further shows 2 or 3 other 800 groups allocated to the service.
I hard programmed those 5 in directly just to see what I hear, but found 3 out of th 5 had data transmissions on them which I took as control channels.
Can you post the link to the RadioReference system? A P25 trunking system is programmed just like any other trunking system with the system type set to 'P25 Standard Trunk'.
When you say 'directly'. Is that directly into the scanner or ProScan?
Do you have ProScan installed and communicating with the scanner?
Do you have a ProScan database opened?
I take it that you want to import from the RadioReference DB. Is that correct?

Last edited:

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
AFA; Whichever makes more sense in the long run. As of now I did direct frequency entries for around 40 or so (mostly analog) channles (ones I have been monitoring for some time now over the years.
NFTA;
Program is installed and running. I just logged into the database and trying to get a feel for it.
I don't mind punching in 6 more frequencies, it's all the ID stuff that is confusing.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
When I stated the 2 or 3 other 6 channel groups, it was NOT from this database, it was from a derived FCC database elsewhere. it may of been here;

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That's a EDACS system. Where are you getting P25 from?
I don't mind punching in 6 more frequencies
Are those frequencies part of the same system? On a EDACS system, the LCN needs to be inputted with each frequency.
it's all the ID stuff that is confusing.
If you have the talk group IDs then create a group and enter them in. Set the system level parameter to 'ID Scan'. If you don't have them then set the system level parameter to 'ID Search'

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When I stated the 2 or 3 other 6 channel groups, it was NOT from this database, it was from a derived FCC database elsewhere. it may of been here;
I think you mean frequencies and not 'channel groups'. On a trunking system, groups are TGID's and the FCC database doesn't know or care anything about TGID's.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It can't be here as this is for DMR(MotoTrbo) systems

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
That's a EDACS system. Where are you getting P25 from?

Are those frequencies part of the same system? On a EDACS system, the LCN needs to be inputted with each frequency.

If you have the talk group IDs then create a group and enter them in. Set the system level parameter to 'ID Scan'. If you don't have them then set the system level parameter to 'ID Search'
Must of gotten it mixed up with something else. :(

Those six that I entered were the ones off the database.

That's where the confusions comes in................