jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I went to install an SSL certificate in ProScan (running 17.8) but it appears that the only certificate authority you can use is LetsEncrypt.

Is there any way to use certificates issued by another CA?

Using LetsEncrypt is far from ideal as the certificates need to be renewed every 90 days and it requires that you open ports on a firewall that I do not want to be exposed to the general public. I have a wildcard certificate for my domain that is valid for 3 years but ProScan will now allow me to use it.

Thank you,

-JeffH

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I went to install an SSL certificate in ProScan (running 17.8) but it appears that the only certificate authority you can use is LetsEncrypt.

Using LetsEncrypt is far from ideal as the certificates need to be renewed every 90 days and it requires that you open ports on a firewall that I do not want to be exposed to the general public. I have a wildcard certificate for my domain that is valid for 3 years but ProScan will now allow me to use it.

Thank you,

-JeffH
Negative. If you had sent the suggestion via email, I've could of made it a priority.

{edit} The ACME challenge takes only a few seconds so the firewall & Port Forwarding doesn't need to be opened more then a minute.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Thank you,

-JeffH
Can you email me the suggestion so I can ask additional questions and put it on the list. Bug Reporting and Suggestions

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
I've been using ProScan to log user ID's from my SDS 100, and have noticed lately it doesnt seem to pick up a lot when connected to laptop. Maybe it's me and there just isn't much talking going on at times, but I can monitor P25 state police and game and fish, P25 single freq National park service and 2 DMR counties from my location and sometimes it goes 20 minutes without a transmission. Not really a Proscan question but can laptop interfere with reception?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Computers use switching power supplies which can radiate RF. Unplug the power supply and run your laptop on battery power to see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have an older version o Proscan? I'd like to revert back as 17.8.0 keeps locking up. Thank you, RIck.
Are you using the Web Server feature by any chance? Did the lockup just started to appear with 17.8 or did you just start to use ProScan? This would be the 4th report I've had on this. I have a few ideals on this and have sent out test files to the ones that emailed me so I could narrow it down.

SKINNY1

Are you using the Web Server feature by any chance? Did the lockup just started to appear with 17.8 or did you just start to use ProScan? This would be the 4th report I've had on this. I have a few ideals on this and have sent out test files to the ones that emailed me so I could narrow it down.
I've had Proscan running for a couple of years. It just started locking up with update 17.8.0. It starts to load up and gets to "loading Recordings Data" and then locks up. I had a couple years of recordings so I deleted them and it loads and works fine now. So far anyway. Thank you for asking! Ricky J Johnson.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've had Proscan running for a couple of years. It just started locking up with update 17.8.0. It starts to load up and gets to "loading Recordings Data" and then locks up. I had a couple years of recordings so I deleted them and it loads and works fine now. So far anyway. Thank you for asking! Ricky J Johnson.
No changes in the recordings loading area in 17.8. With years worth of recordings, that will take time to load them all. Perhaps it wasn't locked up but just loading them. If it was locked up then perhaps it's a Windows limitation. I think it was more of a coincidence that it was noticed when you started to use 17.8.

Chris0516

Having several years of recordings. Is almost like. Having several programs set to load. When you first turn on your computer. It takes time for them to load.

bucks83

I Remember DOS
BCD325P2, first time using ProScan 17.8. I am trying to access RR through ProScan and keep getting; "Invalid User name or password". I checked at least three times and cannot figure out the problem. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
BCD325P2, first time using ProScan 17.8. I am trying to access RR through ProScan and keep getting; "Invalid User name or password". I checked at least three times and cannot figure out the problem. Any suggestions ? Thanks.
Are you using the same User Name and Password that you are using here to log in? Make sure no extra spaces.

Chris0516

Because, To enable that feature of Proscan. You need to have a membership to RR. Do you have an RR membership? If you do, are logged on?

bucks83

I Remember DOS
Because, To enable that feature of Proscan. You need to have a membership to RR. Do you have an RR membership? If you do, are logged on?
Yes I checked and made sure I was not logged on the "data" part of RR BEFORE I restarted ProScan of the site because I know the forums need a separate login.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes I checked and made sure I was not logged on the "data" part of RR BEFORE I restarted ProScan of the site because I know the forums need a separate login.
You can at the same time. You don't need to log out of the RR site to use the ProScan Import RadioReference function.
Try logging in to the RR site again then use the same credentials in the ProScan Import RadioReference function.
I don't believe this is a firewall or Internet Security software issue as that message is coming from the RRDB server.