brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
P25 Audio Issue - P25 received audio at the radio seems to have a very bassy tone making it difficult to understand. I seem to remember reading something a while ago that Proscan has an Audio Filter of sorts that opens up P25 transmissions to include more midrange and higher. I have searched and cannot seem to find the thread.

Very happy ProScan user!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
P25 Audio Issue - P25 received audio at the radio seems to have a very bassy tone making it difficult to understand. I seem to remember reading something a while ago that Proscan has an Audio Filter of sorts that opens up P25 transmissions to include more midrange and higher. I have searched and cannot seem to find the thread.

Very happy ProScan user!
ProScan does not have an equalizer. ProScan has a notch filter to notch out specific frequencies such as 50/60 cycle hum and tones.

brumey

ProScan does not have an equalizer. ProScan has a notch filter to notch out specific frequencies such as 50/60 cycle hum and tones.
Thanks for the reply. I have gaps in my memory but whatever I ready a year or two ago, indicated that it was an issue with p25 only and the fix or workaround was not an EQ feature but something else. I don't think it was filter related but I am all ears for suggestions. When a P25 TG comes through, its audio is a very bassy tone or muffled.

I have EQ adjusted headphones that are tuned to my ears and P25 seems the same.

Thanks....

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I have gaps in my memory but whatever I ready a year or two ago, indicated that it was an issue with p25 only and the fix or workaround was not an EQ feature but something else. I don't think it was filter related but I am all ears for suggestions. When a P25 TG comes through, its audio is a very bassy tone or muffled.

I have EQ adjusted headphones that are tuned to my ears and P25 seems the same.

Thanks....
What type of scanner? Is it noticeable in the scanner speaker? Is it a particular P25 system or are you only monitoring one. Can you tune to the WX channel and see if it's the same.

{edit} Is it just one or a few talk groups? Are any talk groups different?

brumey

Hello:
Scanner is an SDS-200 and and SDS-100. Issue is only on P25 Phase 2 systems, different systems, many systems exhibit the audio issue. Analog channels including WX are fine. Sam agency, analog fine, P25 muffled/bassy.

Scanner Speaker, 4" Communications speaker, same issue.

Thanks...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello:
Scanner is an SDS-200 and and SDS-100. Issue is only on P25 Phase 2 systems, different systems, many systems exhibit the audio issue. Analog channels including WX are fine. Sam agency, analog fine, P25 muffled/bassy.

Scanner Speaker, 4" Communications speaker, same issue.

Thanks...
I don't believe there's any type of fix in the scanner. Same with ProScan. Only thing I can suggest is if using the Mic input on the computer then check that the in Win Mixer Mic enhancements are off. Perhaps turn down the Mic level a bit.
On the SDS200, if you can use the LAN connection for the audio, try that and see if it improves.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I had issues with the lower bass in Digital with streaming to broadcastify, It was explained to me in simple terms the older analog radio systems basically went from about 400hz to 16000hz and you never got really low lows... But Digital does 20hz to 20000hz and you get much lower lows and that why digital sounds so low. The Motorola APX has adjustments for this and can really shine depending on who is programming the radio and if they know what they are doing. For streaming P25 i put a mini equalizer in line with the output and it made a huge difference on broadcastify when I took out much of the bass.

I have the below one and it runs 2 broadcastify feeds and blue tooth speakers in my house

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Folks,
If you are experiencing ProScan crashing or not responding, I need your help finding and fixing this bug. In the last two days, I received four bug reports via email. I'm thinking it's a combination of a Win Update along with a certain API ProScan is using.

Information I have so far:
Bug: OutOfMemoryException
Versions: 18.2, 18.1?
Appears not related to the Web Server feature
One user reverted back to 18.1 and that didn't resolve the issue so he reverted back to 17.7 and that version worked so the problem appears between 17.7 and 18.1.

If you are experiencing this bug with ProScan crashing or not responding then try reverting back one version at a time so I can be sure which version is causing the bug. Email me the results and then I will send you test files until fixed. Thank you very much!

18.0 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_18_0.zip
17.9 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_17_9.zip
17.8 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_17_8.zip
17.7 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_17_7.zip

Last edited:

N7AZD

Premium Subscriber
Folks,
If you are experiencing ProScan crashing or not responding, I need your help finding and fixing this bug. In the last two days, I received four bug reports via email. I'm thinking it's a combination of a Win Update along with a certain API ProScan is using.

Information I have so far:
Bug: OutOfMemoryException
Versions: 18.2, 18.1?
Appears not related to the Web Server feature
One user reverted back to 18.1 and that didn't resolve the issue so he reverted back to 17.7 and that version worked so the problem appears between 17.7 and 18.1.

If you are experiencing this bug with ProScan crashing or not responding then try reverting back one version at a time so I can be sure which version is causing the bug. Email me the results and then I will send you test files until fixed. Thank you very much!

18.0 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_18_0.zip
17.9 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_17_9.zip
17.8 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_17_8.zip
17.7 - https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_17_7.zip
Bob been getting crashes every day, sometimes every hour since update rolled back to 17.9 so far very stable again
Was pulling my hair out now am bald till i figured it out great Program anyway

TVTubeScanner

Feed Provider
I am have a little trouble with in getting the proscan web server background color switch between dark & light using the @media css tag in the style1.css file.

I figured it out.
Here is the code if anybody is interested. This would work with radiofeed & pro scan

@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
html, body {
background-color: #000000;
color: #eee;
}

#body {
}
#innerbody {

}

#table1 {
color: #000000;

}

#table2 {
}

#serv_files_container_table {

}

EastCoastSunrise

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to import a city/town's set of frequencies as its own system? Right now when I try to import from Radio Reference it shows cities and towns as one huge system with all the towns in it and it is a pain in the ass to import them one at a time and rename the "Cites/Municipalities" header every time.

East

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To Don H.
I can't email you back.
Is there anyway to import a city/town's set of frequencies as its own system? Right now when I try to import from Radio Reference it shows cities and towns as one huge system with all the towns in it and it is a pain in the ass to import them one at a time and rename the "Cites/Municipalities" header every time.

East
Yes, If it's a trunking system then you also want to import the TGID groups in addition to the frequency site groups. After you click the Get Data button and the tree populates, uncheck the Freqs and TGIDs groups that you don't want to import. You also can import everything then delete the TGID groups and Site nodes after everything has been imported.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have had the ProScan software for a while now, but I haven't explored every possible feature. So, if this feature already exists, I need to learn more about it.

Is there a way, when I am searching a range of frequencies, to have ProScan do a search of the FCC or other databases to try and determine who the likely user is?

For example, I am at home, so my GPS coordinates aren't changing. My search stopped on 452.425 a few minutes ago.

Talk Group ID Frequency Tone RSSI UID Mod. Hits Duration Start Date/Time End Date/Time System/Site - Department - Channel System Type Digital Status

2 452.425000/1 CC 7 -120 5041 NFM 1 00:00:05 01/03/22 21:35:12 01/03/22 21:35:17 Custom 2 DMR

I then checked the FCC database and saw four licensees near me. Since this was conventional DMR, I can focus on the first two licensees. Based on the traffic heard and time of the evening, I can safely say that it was the University of Saint Thomas.

How much of that can ProScan or other software do, currently? Iff it was to simply display FCC licensees, that would be handy.

Call Sign/Lease ID​
Name​
FRN​
Radio Service​
Status​
Expiration Date​
1WNRP775UNIVERSITY OF ST THOMAS0002646529IGActive11/02/2022
2WPKE810INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 16 SPRING LAKE PARK0011419629IGActive08/23/2024
3WQUP200United Rentals Realty, LLC0027183755YGActive08/29/2024
4WRBU576DAIRYLAND POWER COOPERATIVE0002722668YGActive06/22/2028

Skip Bottom Navigation Links

Last edited:

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I have had the ProScan software for a while now, but I haven't explored every possible feature. So, if this feature already exists, I need to learn more about it.

Is there a way, when I am searching a range of frequencies, to have ProScan do a search of the FCC or other databases to try and determine who the likely user is?

For example, I am at home, so my GPS coordinates aren't changing. My search stopped on 452.425 a few minutes ago.

Talk Group ID Frequency Tone RSSI UID Mod. Hits Duration Start Date/Time End Date/Time System/Site - Department - Channel System Type Digital Status

2 452.425000/1 CC 7 -120 5041 NFM 1 00:00:05 01/03/22 21:35:12 01/03/22 21:35:17 Custom 2 DMR

I then checked the FCC database and saw four licensees near me. Since this was conventional DMR, I can focus on the first two licensees. Based on the traffic heard and time of the evening, I can safely say that it was the University of Saint Thomas.

How much of that can ProScan or other software do, currently? Iff it was to simply display FCC licensees, that would be handy.

Call Sign/Lease ID​
Name​
FRN​
Radio Service​
Status​
Expiration Date​
1WNRP775UNIVERSITY OF ST THOMAS0002646529IGActive11/02/2022
2WPKE810INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 16 SPRING LAKE PARK0011419629IGActive08/23/2024
3WQUP200United Rentals Realty, LLC0027183755YGActive08/29/2024
4WRBU576DAIRYLAND POWER COOPERATIVE0002722668YGActive06/22/2028

Skip Bottom Navigation Links
There is no software that will currently do exactly what you're asking. However, Uniden's zip code scanners (436/536, SDS100/200) have a feature called discovery with an option to compare to database (radioreference). However, the compare to database option is currently broken and in need of bug fixes. (This is well documented issue here on rr.)