tdel1

Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure this is user error on my part, but I'm only having problem with a newly created favorite and I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I plugged the scanner into my PC, loaded ProScan and pressed . for serial, it connected. I loaded my favorites list and switched to mass storage mode and read from scanner, all good.

I created a new favorite list, we will call this list 10. I added some frequencies to this list. I created another list, we will call this list 11, I added some frequencies to this list, but I also wanted to move some frequencies from list 10 to list 11 so I clicked and dragged from list 10 to list 11, worked fine.

List 10 was set with qk 10 and list 11 was set with quick key 11. Everything looked good here and and switched back to MSM to write to the scanner, using the default check boxes during write, I clicked OK and the lists made it to the scanner.

Here is the issue on the scanner, all lists are off, I enabled list 10, it told me there was nothing to scan. I went to the menu to check the quick keys and the message is 'Failure No Quick Keys Assigned' so I turn that list off, turn on list 11 and it is scanning everything I programmed.

I plugged the scanner back in and compared the settings between the two lists within ProScan and everything looks fine (as I explained above) nothing seems to be off/missing. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something in ProScan or if something happened when I clicked/dragged into the new list. Being that this is the 11th favorite list I've made, it is also the only one I'm having an issue with.

Thanks.

I loaded Sentinel to see what it sees and when I read from scanner Sentinel does NOT have quick key 10 set (even though I did config with ProScan and write to the scanner). That's the problem. I check qk 10 and 'write' to scanner, still doesn't work. When I use ProScan, all my settings look fine when I read/write. Using defaults in ProScan when writing. This is an odd one to me.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure this is user error on my part, but I'm only having problem with a newly created favorite and I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I plugged the scanner into my PC, loaded ProScan and pressed . for serial, it connected. I loaded my favorites list and switched to mass storage mode and read from scanner, all good.

I created a new favorite list, we will call this list 10. I added some frequencies to this list. I created another list, we will call this list 11, I added some frequencies to this list, but I also wanted to move some frequencies from list 10 to list 11 so I clicked and dragged from list 10 to list 11, worked fine.

List 10 was set with qk 10 and list 11 was set with quick key 11. Everything looked good here and and switched back to MSM to write to the scanner, using the default check boxes during write, I clicked OK and the lists made it to the scanner.

Here is the issue on the scanner, all lists are off, I enabled list 10, it told me there was nothing to scan. I went to the menu to check the quick keys and the message is 'Failure No Quick Keys Assigned' so I turn that list off, turn on list 11 and it is scanning everything I programmed.

I plugged the scanner back in and compared the settings between the two lists within ProScan and everything looks fine (as I explained above) nothing seems to be off/missing. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something in ProScan or if something happened when I clicked/dragged into the new list. Being that this is the 11th favorite list I've made, it is also the only one I'm having an issue with.

Thanks.
Is the option checked "Turn On All System, Dept., & Site Quick Keys In The Scanner Ignores the Quick Key Status tabs"? If it's off then check the Department Quick Key Status tab (far right of the System Options).
I run a test just now duplicating your setup with the option "Turn On All..." off then on and it appears to be working.

tdel1

Premium Subscriber
Is the option checked "Turn On All System, Dept., & Site Quick Keys In The Scanner Ignores the Quick Key Status tabs"? If it's off then check the Department Quick Key Status tab (far right of the System Options).
I run a test just now duplicating your setup with the option "Turn On All..." off then on and it appears to be working.

I can't find the system options section you are talking about.

When I click to write to scanner only the first two check boxes are checked.

The bottom two check boxes are not checked.

I see the box you want me to check, but will it remember that setting for next time?

Attachments

• scan2.png
    scan2.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 20

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I can't find the system options section you are talking about.

When I click to write to scanner only the first two check boxes are checked.

The bottom two check boxes are not checked.

I see the box you want me to check, but will it remember that setting for next time?
Click the system node in the tree on the left side then on the right side, you should see System Options, Departments, & Department Quick Key Status tabs

Yes. I don't want you to check it. I just wanted to know is it on or off?

tdel1

Premium Subscriber
Click the system node in the tree on the left side then on the right side, you should see System Options, Departments, & Department Quick Key Status tabs

Yes, they are all checked, 00-99.

tdel1

Premium Subscriber

I just saw this, I can only find this in one place, the screen shot I posted above. I don't know about the on/off. I believe I'm in the wrong menu/tab when I answered 00-99.

I'm sure this is incredibly frustrating for you since I'm probably looking right at it.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I might be missing something but I just remoted 2 BC796 scanners, I have 3-996P2s, 1-536HP, 2-15X, 1-396XT 2-996XT & 1-325P2
remoted and they all work great but for the life of me i can not find the volume control on the 2 BC796s?
Everything else works great I must be missing a check box or something for the volume
Thanks

Chris0516

I might be missing something but I just remoted 2 BC796 scanners, I have 3-996P2s, 1-536HP, 2-15X, 1-396XT 2-996XT & 1-325P2
remoted and they all work great but for the life of me i can not find the volume control on the 2 BC796s?
Everything else works great I must be missing a check box or something for the volume
Thanks
If you are referring to the BC796D, I found this: Uniden Bearcat BC796D Front Panel

The Volume/Squelch knob is the top left knob. It would say 'Volume' above the knob, and 'Squelch' below the knob.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks
The volume control can not be remoted on the older non-DMA types. It's not in the protocol and the volume control is a conventional potentiometer type and not a coded rotary type. Same with the squelch.

Last edited:

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
The volume control can not be remoted on the older non-DMA types. It's not in the protocol and the volume control is a conventional potentiometer type and not a coded rotary type. Same with the squelch.
Thanks for the reply, I was going to remote 3 of the 785/796 scanners so i will have to find a work around.
Still the best program out there!

WB0VHB

I'm a very new user and am feeling my way around ProScan. I came from OP25 and a RPi but wanted more in the way of history which ProScan does a nice job of doing.

With OP25 I received any TG on the system. It was up to me to build an alias file listing the TGID and attaching it to a text description of the TG.

It appears the 996P2 will only receive a TG if it's listed in the database. How do I receive a brand new TGs as new agencies come on the trunked system?

Also the 996P2 scans fairly slowly as it seems to scan through all 206 TGs I have in my database. Stopping scan and manually turning the knob through the channel list shows all TGs. Did I setup my database incorrectly?

I may have incorrectly assumed the 996P2 would behave similar to OP25 and scan all TGs then use a alias lookup database to display a meaningful description.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It appears the 996P2 will only receive a TG if it's listed in the database. How do I receive a brand new TGs as new agencies come on the trunked system?
Change the system level ID Scan/Search option to ID Search. If doing it in the database then upload to the scanner afterwards for the changes to take effect. If doing it in the scanner then download afterwards so the database is in sync with the scanner database.
Also the 996P2 scans fairly slowly as it seems to scan through all 206 TGs I have in my database. Stopping scan and manually turning the knob through the channel list shows all TGs. Did I setup my database incorrectly?
The scanner doesn't scan the TGIDs. The scanner looks at the control channel frequency for the TGIDs. It may be slow because you may be scanning multiple sites. Lockout or delete the sites out of range.

Scanner questions probably should be asked in the Uniden Threads That way you may get more reply's from those not using ProScan.

WB0VHB

Sorry for the newbie question again (I really did spend a fair amount of time trying to find it) but where is the system level ID Scan/Search option?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can Proscan be used with Whistler products??
Check the listing of supported scanners at the Proscan home page at this link:

LMHODNETT

Premium Subscriber
Check the listing of supported scanners at the Proscan home page at this link:

Thank you