ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
SDS200 Error with ProScan:
Hello, all I just received an SDS200 for Christmas! I am having some trouble getting ProSan to recognize/Interact with my SDS200. All the COM Ports and everything is all set up correctly, but upon loading up the Favorites Editor in ProScan I get the following Message Below. Can anyone Please Advise on how to fix this so I can Edit And Interact with my SDS200 thru ProScan. Thanks and Merry Christmas!View attachment 78387.
This should help.
Unable to locate Sentinel profile.cfg file

{edit}
I am having some trouble getting ProSan to recognize/Interact with my SDS200.
Are you trying to log or get the virtual display working? If yes then the scanner needs to be in Serial Port mode. It is if the scanner display is normal. Are you using the Ethernet cable or the Micro USB cable. If USB then did you install the Uniden driver?

Last edited:

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I love ProScan and would like to add a couple of requests. 1st. It would be nice if there was a way to have a setting that would control the transparency of the display. Sometimes, and especially the SDS200 covers too much of the pc screen.

2nd. It would pretty cool if the Display color would match the Alert color as it does on the 996P2 and 996XT.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider

Yes, thanks the first link was able to help me locate the correct Config File, I no longer see that error message.

If USB then did you install the Uniden driver?

I am using the Micro USB Cable that came with it, I do think I Installed the Drivers Correctly. Is there a way to uninstall them and reinstall them as I will try to do that and see if it helps? This is my screen below with the scanner on and the USB cable plugged in.
Capture.PNG

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, thanks the first link was able to help me locate the correct Config File, I no longer see that error message.

I am using the Micro USB Cable that came with it, I do think I Installed the Drivers Correctly. Is there a way to uninstall them and reinstall them as I will try to do that and see if it helps? This is my screen below with the scanner on and the USB cable plugged in.
View attachment 78392
I'm not sure what driver you installed. The following link in the "Windows Serial Drivers" section has a link to the correct driver. Install that. The link is for the BCD536HP but it's the same driver for the SDSx00 scanners.

After the driver is installed go to ProScan Comm Port menu then click the "Auto Detect" button.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I'm not sure what driver you installed. The following link in the "Windows Serial Drivers" section has a link to the correct driver. Install that. The link is for the BCD536HP but it's the same driver for the SDSx00 scanners.

After the driver is installed go to the ProScan Comm Port menu then click the "Auto Detect" button.

Thank you! After Reinstalling the driver it Worked!
I found another issue with the back Micro USB Port on the SDS200 Itself. When the USB is plugged into the front of the SDS200, My computer recognizes it. But if the USB is connected into the back Port of the SDS209 my computer doesn't recognize it. Is there a way to overcome this? Thank you again and Merry Christmas.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I found another issue with the back Micro USB Port on the SDS200 Itself. When the USB is plugged into the front of the SDS200, My computer recognizes it. But if the USB is connected into the back Port of the SDS209 my computer doesn't recognize it. Is there a way to overcome this?
The function of the rear USB port hasn't been documented, but it's not for remote control/programming. It's tied into the SDR subsystem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you! After Reinstalling the driver it Worked!
I found another issue with the back Micro USB Port on the SDS200 Itself. When the USB is plugged into the front of the SDS200, My computer recognizes it. But if the USB is connected into the back Port of the SDS209 my computer doesn't recognize it. Is there a way to overcome this? Thank you again and Merry Christmas.
You're welcome.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Found a small spelling mistake in the RR Import Page:

Under the Select tab, Province is spelled Providence.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I love ProScan and would like to add a couple of requests. 1st. It would be nice if there was a way to have a setting that would control the transparency of the display. Sometimes, and especially the SDS200 covers too much of the pc screen.

2nd. It would pretty cool if the Display color would match the Alert color as it does on the 996P2 and 996XT.

Any suggestion/s should be sent via email so I can ask additional questions to insure that it's done right and you will get it sooner.
Make a seperate email for each request and put "request" or suggestion" in the subject line.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.0 Just Released.
  • Added - Select Activity Display Back Color by Alert Color or Service Types.
  • Added - Virtual Alert Light stays on during transmission.
  • Added - Custom Formatters - Alert Light, Service Type, & Service Type Color.
  • Added - Import RadioReference dialog now can stay open without closing for going back and forth to the ProScan database.
  • Added - Recorder popup message if path & file exceeds OS limitation of 260 characters.
  • Fixed - Importing from the RadioReference DB - Motorola systems with band plans wasn't calculating the upper frequencies.
  • Fixed - Favorites location rectangles was disappearing under certain conditions.
Added - Select Activity Display Back Color by Alert Color or Service Types.
This is one of the most requested items. Option located in the Options -> Scanner Specific tab.

ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
I am getting this error and I am not able to record now. Any idea how to correct it?
As the error states, the file name is too long. You need to shorten the name of some of your data fields.
I'd start by changing MARCS ......... to just MARCS. You could also shorten Jefferson County Simulcast .

Pretty sure it's a Windows error/limitation.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am getting this error and I am not able to record now. Any idea how to correct it?
The path is too long. To shorten the path, choose a different recording location that uses a shorter path by clicking The Recording Location button located in the Options ->Recorder tab. Try choosing a recording location off the C: root.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
The path is too long. To shorten the path, choose a different recording location that uses a shorter path by clicking The Recording Location button located in the Options ->Recorder tab. Try choosing a recording location off the C: root.
I made a new folder off the C drive and so far its recording and the error is not coming up. I did not want to have to shorten the names of the data fields.

x-wb6bdq

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob, Thanks for your help before. All is working ok and the web server is connecting through the firewall just fine.

But when I was looking at the version 16 docs I saw "Web Page Update Interval" referenced on the Web Server page and the screen shot in the documentation has this parameter shown, but the Web Server page version of Proscan (16.0) that I am using does not have this parameter. I wanted to lower the traffic on the remote access when using cellular data service so this sounded good.

Are the docs incorrect or is this an bug?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Uncheck the "Push (Preferred Method) Versus Poll (Original) Updates" option then the "Web Page Update Interval" option will show.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Interesting new error maybe.. I use Win10, newest version of ProScan, running on an Dell Lattitude E6500 Machine. Lately every time the machine reboots, its resetting the com port baud rates thus making me have to reset them, and the only way to get this to really work with ProScan, is to unplug from one USB port, plug it in another, and do a complete reset etc. Not sure if this has to do with something in the Windows updates, or if its a ProScan thing. (BCD436HP btw.)

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It almost sounds like it is not writing your changes to the ProScan.cfg file which should be located in the same folder you are running that instance of ProScan from.

Possibly a permissions problem or it's writing your changes to a proscan.cfg located elsewhere.
I'd think ProScan would complain about something though when you start it or make a change that is written to the cfg file if it's missing or blocked due to a permissions setting.

I've not seen this error on Win 7 or the latest Win 10 release version.