BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all of responded. I thought I was on a recent version of Proscan but alas, it was older than I thought. I will upgrade and proceed with the NXDN systems. As one of you said, my scanner (with a firmware update) supports NXDN and I tried to program it by hand without Proscan. That is when it asked me about LCNs. Anyway, I believe I am on a mended path and will be good. Thank you. Also, since the only response to the Windows 10 question was affirming, I will likely move to Win10 soon.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 15.7 Just Released.
  • Fixed - The History, UID, & FTO logging may stop working after clicking the Delete All Rows button.
  • Fixed - BCD996P2 & BCD325P2 scanners - NXDN RAN & Area codes wasn't importing from the RRDB.
  • Fixed - Google Maps external browsers (Except Edge/IE) update nodes with new location and size.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

jkimrey

I'm on the latest version of Proscan (15.7) and I'm having an issue getting the scanner display to show in the program (SDS100).

I have disconnected the USB cable and restarted the software. I then insert the cable again (as I've always done). I click on "Refresh Ports" and port 4 shows. I then click on "Auto Detect" and it shows port 4 is "In Use By This Instance".

The display, however, doesn't show in the software.

I haven't had an issue in the past. Any suggestions?

Thanks.!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm on the latest version of Proscan (15.7) and I'm having an issue getting the scanner display to show in the program (SDS100).

I have disconnected the USB cable and restarted the software. I then insert the cable again (as I've always done). I click on "Refresh Ports" and port 4 shows. I then click on "Auto Detect" and it shows port 4 is "In Use By This Instance".

The display, however, doesn't show in the software.

I haven't had an issue in the past. Any suggestions?

Thanks.!
Do you have another instance of ProScan or another program accessing comm port 4?

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
[Ignore; I solved my own problem. FWIW, when connecting an SDS200 to a PC via ethernet to use internet sharing through Windows 7, the IP address that the PC hands out changes every time the PC or scanner reset. Until I get the SDS200 wired directly to my router, I forced the scanner to a fixed IP; hopefully that will work.]

...R

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's a router issue. Most routers have some way to reserve an IP address for a specific device. Do that, and the problem will go away.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
That's a router issue. Most routers have some way to reserve an IP address for a specific device. Do that, and the problem will go away.

As noted, my SDS200 is not attached to a router; it's attached to a PC's Ethernet port for WiFi sharing through the PC. So it's the PC that's handing out the IP address, not the router: [SDS200] <- Ethernet -> [PC] <- WiFi -> [Router]. I'll eventually connect the SDS200 directly to the router, which will eliminate the issue.

gootch

Proscan does not reconnect when router is power cycled. If I have a power failure or power cycle my router my 3 instances of Proscan do not reconnect to scanners (2 SDS-200 and 1 536) I have the addresses for each reserved in my router WRT3200 ACM. I am not claiming this is a Proscan issue maybe a setting within Proscan or my router. Thanks for any info.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
As noted, my SDS200 is not attached to a router; it's attached to a PC's Ethernet port for WiFi sharing through the PC. So it's the PC that's handing out the IP address, not the router: [SDS200] <- Ethernet -> [PC] <- WiFi -> [Router]. I'll eventually connect the SDS200 directly to the router, which will eliminate the issue.
Whatever device is handing out IP addresses on the network segment where the scanner lives is where the IP address reservation needs to be made.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Whatever device is handing out IP addresses on the network segment where the scanner lives is where the IP address reservation needs to be made.

Not necessarily. Since the SDS200 is the only device on the net between the PC and the SDS200, as noted, I forced the scanner to a fixed IP via the scanner's LAN settings, not the PCs (although I could have done it there, too).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you manually apply an IP address in the scanner, you still have to configure things to match on the other end.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
If you manually apply an IP address in the scanner, you still have to configure things to match on the other end.

That hasn't been the case so far; as long as I choose an IP address for the scanner in the same netmask that the PC is using, all has been well.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
... although for the benefit of anyone else reading this who wants to replicate my setup (scanner <=> PC <=> Internet), jonwienke's advice is sound: you will want to ensure that the PC's LAN port configuration (that you're sharing your internet on) and the scanner's LAN port configuration are compatible.

Thanks.

...R

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
you will want to ensure that the PC's LAN port configuration (that you're sharing your internet on) and the scanner's LAN port configuration are compatible.
That's what I was referring to. If you aren't using DHCP, then you will have to manually ensure the settings on both end of the connection are compatible.

gootch

Proscan does not reconnect when router is power cycled. If I have a power failure or power cycle my router my 3 instances of Proscan do not reconnect to scanners (2 SDS-200 and 1 536) I have the addresses for each reserved in my router WRT3200 ACM. I am not claiming this is a Proscan issue maybe a setting within Proscan or my router. Thanks for any info.

Any Thoughts? Thanks