buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
In order for you to have AUDIO OUT on the GREEN PORT on the 15X you have to TAG the CHANNELS you want as RECORD in the scanner for each channel to pass AUDIO out of the GREEN PORT.

From Mark's Scanners 15X Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual
Set Record enables the REC jack for the channel. The default setting is off. You must also set the system's record option to either 'All Channel' (which will record all channels regardless of the channel's record setting) or 'Marked Channel' (which only records the channels you've set to record).
Scroll to 'Set Record' and press E/●.
Scroll to On or Off and press E/● to save and exit.

bond7211

Hi buddrousa, all channels were set to record on each system, and this was what was concerning me, that i had possible blown the port, to such a degree that i had organised a return RMA etc.........In an act of desperation that i was having to return the scanner i had had 2weeks ish, i completed a factory reset, and to my amazement, after reloading the systems freq etc..............it worked fine. How strange. Many thx for taking the time to feed back,appreciated

bkramm

I am fairly new new to both Proscan and RR so hope this is the correct place to post a question about Proscan.
I am unable to get anything to show in the UID lookup column.
I have entries in the lookup file and under logging I have display UID from lookup then if not in lookup then
display from scanner. I have about 3000 UID's in the scanner but have allow duplicates checked.
The entries in the lookup file are different from the ones in the scanner as far as text.
What simple thing am I missing. or am I misunderstanding how it works.
Have tried in both Proscan client and in Proscan.
Both are running on the same network and Proscan is fed from a SDS200.
UID's do show up in the before lookup column.
Have tried to search on the subject without finding much that touches on the problem.
Attached is the lookup file. Can you use a wild card as in the last entry for a UID number?

Attachments

• UID Lookup.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 21

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just tested the UID Lookup file. It works here. The file you posted looks okay. I would test on the server side first to eliminate a variable. Make sure you are saving the file after editing.
What's the OS version?

bkramm

Bob
Thanks for the reply.
Proscan client is version 15.4 and Proscan is version 16.1.
Both are on Windows 7 computers.
I never have gotten anything in the UID after lookup column on either computer.
Maybe I don't understand what that column is meant to show.
I have basically the same file on each computer with a few small differences.
Any way that I can test?
I have saved the file after editing and checked in the OS to see that it is there under both the
client and the Proscan server on each computer.
Must be a setting I am missing?
Sorry, looks like I posted in the wrong place?
I can give you my server address privately if that would be of any help.

bkramm

Just thinking one more possibilty my son installed Proscan for the server in program files on Win 7.
Could the OS be blocking access to the data?
But I installed the client under C:/ on a different computer.
Proscan and Proscan client are on 2 different computers.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Maybe I don't understand what that column is meant to show.
The column shows the text from the UID Lookup file if the UID matches. If a site is entered then that has to match too. You could try removing any sites if entered to see what that does. It sounds like you have the concept right.
Any way that I can test?
The best way is by email. It's more efficient and faster. That being said I have 2 items before I can get to this one but will try to squeeze it in.
Just thinking one more possibilty my son installed Proscan for the server in program files on Win 7. Could the OS be blocking access to the data?
Negative

Jono400

Hi any help with the following..just installed proscan free on my windows 10 pc but for some reason it's not allowing me to access any servers ie . when I press connect in the main screen nothing shows up. Have also noticed that if I check for software updates from within the settings it informs me no internet connection or main website down.. have switched off my antivirus so not sure why it's stopping me connecting ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi any help with the following..just installed proscan free on my windows 10 pc
You mean the ProScan Free Client?
but for some reason it's not allowing me to access any servers ie . when I press connect in the main screen nothing shows up.
Did you click the Update button?
Have also noticed that if I check for software updates from within the settings it informs me no internet connection or main website down.. have switched off my antivirus so not sure why it's stopping me connecting ?
Try again and if still unable to access the internet or server then perhaps reboot the computer and router.

Jono400

Hi thanks so much for your quick reply to my message. Okay sorry yes I am talking about Proscan free client and I should have said I pressed the Update button as opposed to the Connect button. Tried rebooting pc and router but still not connecting. as I say it's showing as not connecting within the settings off the software where you press to check for software updates " no internet connection or website down " so certainly seems my internet is not seeing anything within the software ?
Obviously checked my internet connection if working fine ie. downloading etc fine.
Trust I don't have to turn anything on within the screen image off the scanner before pressing the Update button ?

Jono400

When I initially double click to open the software on my PC I am now getting the screen in image 1. when I click on the Update button it gives the image in the second attatched image. totally baffled !!

Attachments

• proscan 1.jpg
    proscan 1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 48
  • proscan 2.jpg
    proscan 2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 46

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
I do plan on adding keyboard shortcuts and now that I'm thinking about it, a series of shortcuts for common scanner operations including the hold / resume button.

Has this become a feature yet? I am curious at it would be very helpful. Sorry if this has been answered but I didn't find it in my searches.

Jono400

Sorry to be a pain but anyone any idea what could be causing the Proscan free client to not be connecting to the internet to receive the active stations ? Even turned off firewall on my pc but still nothing when I click on the Update button within the main page off the software ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be a pain but anyone any idea what could be causing the Proscan free client to not be connecting to the internet to receive the active stations ? Even turned off firewall on my pc but still nothing when I click on the Update button within the main page off the software ?

Can you send me an email so I can send files until fixed or at least try to determine what's going on.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Is there an easy way to import (or copy/paste) frequencies from the Repeater Book website? I'm wanting to program in over 100 ham radio repeater frequencies into my BCT15X and when I copy info from RB and then click on "Get Clipboard" when creating a database, everything is put into just the 'frequency' column.

I realize that what I want to do may not be possible (may have to enter each repeater manually), but if it is possible, I haven't figured it out yet and could use some help before I pull all my hair out.

Thanks in advance. :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there an easy way to import (or copy/paste) frequencies from the Repeater Book website? I'm wanting to program in over 100 ham radio repeater frequencies into my BCT15X and when I copy info from RB and then click on "Get Clipboard" when creating a database, everything is put into just the 'frequency' column.

I realize that what I want to do may not be possible (may have to enter each repeater manually), but if it is possible, I haven't figured it out yet and could use some help before I pull all my hair out.

Thanks in advance. :)
Perhaps post the link to the Repeater Book website page so I can try it and see what format it's in .

phask

Premium Subscriber
Here's the link....
Indiana 2 meter repeaters

As a test, I was sorting it by county, then highlighting all info for the Lake County repeaters, then pasting it into ProScan.

I've done it, for me it was easy, but I have had years of Excell and data manipulation.

If you are familiar with spreadsheets, read below.

Use one of the CSV exports - Chirp - etc.

Import the text file into your spreadsheet - mod the columns to match Proscan as needed. Then cut and paste.

Way over simlified :)

frazpo

Freescan has the ability to clip and paste from an web page into csv and into the software. It does a good job.