ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Bob, I purchased the license today, but I have another question.

I set up a Raspberry Pi running PiVPN with Wireguard at home with my SDS200. I connect to the VPN from my laptop at work and can access the SDS from Proscan running on the laptop at work.

The GUI works fine, but I cannot receive the audio using Proscan. If I use VLC on my work laptop, I receive the audio fine using the URL rtsp://192.168.xx.xx/au:scanner.au

I also have no problems SSHing into my other devices at home.

Any ideas why Proscan audio doesn't work over the VPN?

Just a follow up to see if you ever got around to test the ProScan to SDS200 LAN audio again. I suspect the problem is your Internet Security or Antivirus software. I compared the packets of VLC and ProScan communicating with the LAN audio and exactly the same except the User-Agent.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Running PS against a BC780XLT and a BCD996P2 (and occasionally a BCD436HP). Doesn't seem to be a way to move channels from the 780 to 996. Yep, different architectures, I get it. Is there a trick I am missing?

When running in History Logging mode, which is pretty much always, how do I keep the channels with the highest "Hits" number at the top? Yes, I can click twice on the column header, but I want the list to always be sorted by "Hits". Without me doing anything.

Also, the BCD996P2 (like that line all the way back to the BCD396T) supports the colon ( : ) character in alpha tags. But I can't put those in via the software. I have to go into the raw file and edit it (THANK GOODNESS THEY ARE ASCII LIKE UASD!). That should be an easy add. And there are likely other chars "missing", too, though I don't know where that would be documented.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Running PS against a BC780XLT and a BCD996P2 (and occasionally a BCD436HP). Doesn't seem to be a way to move channels from the 780 to 996. Yep, different architectures, I get it. Is there a trick I am missing?
Looks like I never got around to importing the non-dma databases. It's on the list but been busy with other stuff. For a work around, you could export the 780 ProScan db to a html or csv file then use the Get Clipboard in the 996 instance to import the channels. The systems will have to be manually added first along with the Groups. After that the Get Clipboard function will add the frequencies and TGID's to the group.

When running in History Logging mode, which is pretty much always, how do I keep the channels with the highest "Hits" number at the top? Yes, I can click twice on the column header, but I want the list to always be sorted by "Hits". Without me doing anything.
I don't get this one. ProScan needs a way to determine what you want sorted. The perfect way is by clicking the Hits column header once or twice depending if you want ascending or descending order. The sort columns and order are saved to the config. file so the next time ProScan starts up, the columns should retain the sort order.

Also, the BCD996P2 (like that line all the way back to the BCD396T) supports the colon ( : ) character in alpha tags. But I can't put those in via the software. I have to go into the raw file and edit it (THANK GOODNESS THEY ARE ASCII LIKE UASD!). That should be an easy add. And there are likely other chars "missing", too, though I don't know where that would be documented.
Are you sure about that on the BCD996P2 and BCD396T? I check my BCD996T and BCD996P2 by cycling through the Edit Name characters. I do not see a colon character.
Below is for reference if something is missing but I don't believe any characters are missing.

These are the ProScan DMA allowed characters
Code:
"A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "I", "J", "K", "L", "M", "N", "O", "P", "Q",
"R", "S", "T", "U", "V", "W", "X", "Y", "Z", "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m",
"n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z", "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8",
"9", "!", "@", "#", "$", "%", "&", "*", "(", ")", "-", "/", "<", ">", ".", "?", " "

These are the ProScan BCDx36HP and SDSx00 allowed characters.
Code:
"A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "I", "J", "K", "L", "M", "N", "O", "P", "Q",
"R", "S", "T", "U", "V", "W", "X", "Y", "Z", "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m",
"n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z", "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8",
"9", "[", "\", "]", "^", "_", "`", "{", "|", "}", "~", "!", """", "#", "$", "%", "&", "'", "(", ")", "*", "+", ",",
"-", ".", "/", ":", ";", "<", "=", ">", "?", "@", " "

{edit}
On the missing colon issue. This BCD996P2 protocol doc does not show a colon character.
Per section 7.14
The characters that can be used in DATA NAMING ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890!@#$%&*()- /<>.? “ (Fonts are shown in next tables)

Last edited:

paparazzo

Feed Provider
I have an issue since Proscan 16.5: When i look at the history logging while scanning arround there is a difference in the Frequency i am currently listening in and what is shown in the history. Please see attached picture.

That happens only on DMR Frequencys. Only the 1st Frequency which is hit during a Scan is shown in the History Tab. When the scan continues and another DMR Frequency is hit, only the 1st one is shown in the history.

proscan_error.jpg

Last edited:

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to run Proscan on my laptop which only has one "headphone" jack. The picture for the port shows a headset (headphones with microphone attached). No matter what I try I can't get the port to work as an input source - it only works as output.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to get it to work as input? Would the fact that icon is below the port vs just the headphone icon indicate it should be possible?

If it's not possible, any recommendations on an adapter or USB device I could use instead?

Thanks

Windows 10 - SDS100
Have a look for a TRRS adapter - this converts the stereo output into a Mic input

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have an issue since Proscan 16.5: When i look at the history logging while scanning arround there is a difference in the Frequency i am currently listening in and what is shown in the history. Please see attached picture.

That happens only on DMR Frequencys. Only the 1st Frequency which is hit during a Scan is shown in the History Tab. When the scan continues and another DMR Frequency is hit, only the 1st one is shown in the history.

View attachment 89347
That's fixed. It will be in the next release.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I never got around to importing the non-dma databases. It's on the list but been busy with other stuff. For a work around, you could export the 780 ProScan db to a html or csv file then use the Get Clipboard in the 996 instance to import the channels. The systems will have to be manually added first along with the Groups. After that the Get Clipboard function will add the frequencies and TGID's to the group.

It's not a huge priority (obvi!) for ~20 year old radios. I will try the things you suggest.

I don't get this one. ProScan needs a way to determine what you want sorted. The perfect way is by clicking the Hits column header once or twice depending if you want ascending or descending order. The sort columns and order are saved to the config. file so the next time ProScan starts up, the columns should retain the sort order.

In Peter's Fantasy World®, if one were to sort the History Logging tab on the Hits column, there would be an option for the software to pretend I double clicked the top of the column every time a new transmission was copied. That way, the most used channels would always be at the top without me doing anything. Now, if you had selected Each Transmission New Row this would obviously be meaningless. But autosorting surely could be a selectable option if tthat wasn't checked.

On the missing colon issue. This BCD996P2 protocol doc does not show a colon character.

I get that Uniden documents it otherwise, but ...

(IRL, the color does NOT look like that! :-D )

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
if one were to sort the History Logging tab on the Hits column, there would be an option for the software to pretend I double clicked the top of the column every time a new transmission was copied.
I don't think sorting the grid each time a transmission comes in is doable. Because sorting takes some time to complete, depending on how many rows and the speed of the computer. When a new transmission comes in, the logging will have to wait till the sorting is complete so there will be a lag if the transmission didn't end by then.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.6 Just Released!
  • Fixed - Favorites Editor - During a Scanner Read or Write operation, a prompt would appear indicating that a Favorite has changed when it hadn't.
  • Fixed - History Grid wasn't updating the frequency column when the frequency changed on the same transmission.
  • Fixed - Memory leak.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
ProScan Bob and users. Need guidance with audio recording feature. Favorites Lists Editor has an option to check a box to record per channel selected. Will this record (audio) only on selected TG's or is this only for logging purposes? Would love to audio record selected TG's if possible.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Bob and users. Need guidance with audio recording feature. Favorites Lists Editor has an option to check a box to record per channel selected. Will this record (audio) only on selected TG's or is this only for logging purposes? Would love to audio record selected TG's if possible.

The Recorder will go into the Recording state when the channel is picked up. Any audio at the input(sound card or WiFi/LAN) will record.
Ensure the System level Record parameter is set to Marked Channels and the Favorites Editor is opened.

sparkydude

I'm using ProScan on a laptop with my uniden 536. When I connect the laptop and TV via HDMI for a duplicate display, I can't get the 536 audio thru the TV. Anything else, music, youtube , etc, the sound and video play fine on the TV from the PC,... ProScan, display only , audio continues to play on laptop. The reason I want to do this is because my TV sends audio directly to my hearing aids and I can sit across the room and hear the audio fine.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using ProScan on a laptop with my uniden 536. When I connect the laptop and TV via HDMI for a duplicate display, I can't get the 536 audio thru the TV. Anything else, music, youtube , etc, the sound and video play fine on the TV from the PC,... ProScan, display only , audio continues to play on laptop. The reason I want to do this is because my TV sends audio directly to my hearing aids and I can sit across the room and hear the audio fine.
Is that audio that plays on the laptop scanner audio?
Are you using the scanner WiFi audio and is the loopback box checked?

Last edited:

sparkydude

The loop box is checked. I've tried to make the TV speakers the default , no luck. the sound comes from proscan and volume can only be controlled thru proscan. laptop volume controls have no effect. When I make the laptop default sound, ofcourse then the laptop controls work.
Either way, no audio to TV

sparkydude

For now, the work around I'm using is open Chrome on the fire TV box and typing in the IP and port. Works ok except for the delay that I adjust

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The loop box is checked. I've tried to make the TV speakers the default , no luck. the sound comes from proscan and volume can only be controlled thru proscan. laptop volume controls have no effect. When I make the laptop default sound, ofcourse then the laptop controls work.
Either way, no audio to TV
Did you try going to the Audio Control - RSOIP tab and changed the output device?

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob, awesome application, I'm having a ball using it to identify all the units on my local systems.

I hope I'm just missing it in the settings but is there a way to list the Talk Group Name in the UID logging tab? I see the Talkgroup ID but the name would help me identify what department an unknown UID belongs too.

Right now I'm using the Recorder to identify units but I can't edit the UID lookup file form that tab (or can I?).

Thanks!

-Andrew-