kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else get RSSI readings in the 400 to 500 range in the history logging area? The aucutal RSSI of the signals im getting should be around -50 to -60 not 400 to 500. Im using 2 BCT15xs via the rear serial port but using the front its the same

I don't think the RSSI values that ProScan logs are really a calibrated value. The scanners simply don't output those type of values.
The SDS models claim to display dBm but they are often way off if other signals within the tuners passband are influencing the signal reading.

My x36HP and the XT series usually show a value in the 200 to 300 range for strong signals while weak signals are usually in the lower 100 range.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does anyone else get RSSI readings in the 400 to 500 range in the history logging area? The aucutal RSSI of the signals im getting should be around -50 to -60 not 400 to 500. Im using 2 BCT15xs via the rear serial port but using the front its the same
I see 400s all the time on my 536HP from strong local repeaters, not unusual.

As has already been noted, only the SDS series show a dB value like -50 and -60, all other Uniden models show the Uniden scale of 0-500 or whatever it is.

ProScan simply captures whatever RSSI value the scanner is outputting, it does no calculation or anything else on its own. You can see this raw RSSI value coming from the scanner on the Test & Extras screen in ProScan. Look for the line with the PWR value.

Chris0516

Bob, Utilizing Proscan, why is it, in the History log. With my trunked systems, it shows 'what's in the trunk'(System/Group/TGID). But, With the UHF/VHF frequencies, it only shows the name of the system? I know the easy answer would be, because UHF/VHF frequencies are not trunked. But is there a way in Proscan to make the Groups and Channel Names show up?

TIA

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, Utilizing Proscan, why is it, in the History log. With my trunked systems, it shows 'what's in the trunk'(System/Group/TGID). But, With the UHF/VHF frequencies, it only shows the name of the system? I know the easy answer would be, because UHF/VHF frequencies are not trunked. But is there a way in Proscan to make the Groups and Channel Names show up?

TIA
Groups and Channels should appear. Is that with a UBCD325p2? Perhaps the grid is not scrolled fully to the right or the program width needs to be wider so it can be viewed.

Chris0516

Groups and Channels should appear. Is that with a UBCD325p2? Perhaps the grid is not scrolled fully to the right or the program width needs to be wider so it can be viewed.
They should appear. It isn't a width problem. I double-checked the TGIDs' of the recorded entries with no 'info'. I couldn't find the TGIDs' in my Proscan database.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
They should appear. It isn't a width problem. I double-checked the TGIDs' of the recorded entries with no 'info'. I couldn't find the TGIDs' in my Proscan database.
Are you talking about the History grid or Recording grid? I'm not really clear on the issue here. History grid showing the groups & channels text tags here.

Chris0516

Are you talking about the History grid or Recording grid? I'm not really clear on the issue here. History grid showing the groups & channels text tags here.
I looked at the Recording Grid. To compare the History Grid to it. In the History Grid. The System/Site-Group-Channel, is not always appearing with the TGID. It will show up in one entry, but not another entry,

1604377032046.png

Look at TGID 16500. Where 16500 is highlighted, it shows no 'info'. Look further down. You will see all the 'info'(System/Site-Group-Channel). 4169, Is the local barracks of the state police(I think).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I looked at the Recording Grid. To compare the History Grid to it. In the History Grid. The System/Site-Group-Channel, is not always appearing with the TGID. It will show up in one entry, but not another entry,

View attachment 93658

Look at TGID 16500. Where 16500 is highlighted, it shows no 'info'. Look further down. You will see all the 'info'(System/Site-Group-Channel). 4169, Is the local barracks of the state police(I think).
Do you see it in the Recording grid?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

View attachment 93658

Perhaps the group and channel text tags didn't arrive from the scanner. You may want to turn on the Scanner Data To "Scanner Data.txt" File option. Option located in the Options - General tab. That way you can look at the incoming data to confirm.

Chris0516

Perhaps the group and channel text tags didn't arrive from the scanner. You may want to turn on the Scanner Data To "Scanner Data.txt" File option. Option located in the Options - General tab. That way you can look at the incoming data to confirm.
I turned on the Option. I haven't set any Text Tags.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It is just showing one system. But no other systems'. While other systems' do exist on the scanner.
If it logs the system in ProScan then it will show up in the file 100%. You may want to power cycle the scanner and perhaps check if the scanner firmware is up to date to see if that fixes the intermittent missing info.

Chris0516

If it logs the system in ProScan then it will show up in the file 100%. You may want to power cycle the scanner and perhaps check if the scanner firmware is up to date to see if that fixes the intermittent missing info.
The Firmware has been up-to-date, for some time. I power-cycled my scanner, and re-started Proscan.

Last edited:

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
i have a problem for some time now when i listen to my web server the sound cut like if close call is activated but it's not the case and sometime the display on the web server come black and come back by his own it's really annoying anybody have this problem and know how to solve it

when i listen to the scanner directly the sound is perfect i think i will try to downgrade one or two version i am now with 16.8.1