videobruce

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to type up or edit a text file with frequencies (no trunk) vs manually entering them via the radio? I looked at one of those data files and it looks daunting at best.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to type up or edit a text file with frequencies (no trunk) vs manually entering them via the radio? I looked at one of those data files and it looks daunting at best.
Yes using the ProScan 'Get Clipboard' function.

Basic steps are:
1. Create a document with frequencies like. Tone, modulation, and description are optional. If scraping the data from a web page then skip this step.
851.66250, 131 DPL, PD Dispatch
859.81250, 156.7 PL, PD Tac 1
857.36250, 156.7 PL, Fire Dispatch
852.91250, 131 DPL, Public Work

2. Open or create a new database file
3. Add a conventional system
4. Add a group to the system just created
5. Click the 'Get Clipboard' menu item
6. Ensure the Delimiter Comma is selected since this list is comma delimited. If using a web page such as RadioReference then it may be tab delimited.
7. Select the items (like this) then right click mouse then choose Copy
Untitled.png
8. Click the button '1 Get From Clipboard Everything'
9. Click the Import button
10. Close the 'Get Clipboard' window

Untitled1.png

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Can PS log filter settings in an SDS200?
I'd love to be able to have PS log that so that I can compare, RSSI settings and determine best filter settings for a particular set of frequencies scanned.

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
Sigh, i'm confused about streaming multiple feeds from ProScan. I'm running an instance for my BCT-15x and another for my SDS-200, and can run the webserver from each instance w/ a unique port number, but i'd like to be able to access the multiple streams from a single URL. Would i have to do something like pipe the input from both scanners into the windows mixer, and then somehow push that to a webserver running on one of the instances?

Feed Provider
Myself.. I would run a separate web server and just create a simple home page with both feeds embedded in it. You could even run it off an old phone laying around.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sigh, i'm confused about streaming multiple feeds from ProScan. I'm running an instance for my BCT-15x and another for my SDS-200, and can run the webserver from each instance w/ a unique port number, but i'd like to be able to access the multiple streams from a single URL. Would i have to do something like pipe the input from both scanners into the windows mixer, and then somehow push that to a webserver running on one of the instances?
Do you want both the audio and data(data)? If so, see 1808208 response directly below your post. If you want audio only then just one instance of ProScan will work by feeding one scanner into the Left channel and the other scanner into the Right channel.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
I thought it was hard to program the 436, 536, 100 & 200. I am 100% lost with the ProScan I bought. Been trying for 2 day to get it up and running. trying to use 3-536 and a SDS200.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I thought it was hard to program the 436, 536, 100 & 200. I am 100% lost with the ProScan I bought. Been trying for 2 day to get it up and running. trying to use 3-536 and a SDS200.
Where are you at in the process?
Do you have the Favorites Editor opened?
Did you create a New Favorites Lists file or opened an existing file?
Are you getting the data from the RRDB?

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the Favorites Editor opened?
Did you create a New Favorites Lists file or opened an existing file?
Are you getting the data from the RRDB?

Trying to get the scanners to connect to ProScan. All have been up and running for a while. Just received the WIFI Dongles. I cannot get them to connect to the computer for broadcast.

Here I thought trying to get them set up was hard. But like anything else once you do it the more you are able to work with it.

Trying to get the 3-536's connected to stream. I will then work with the 200 with Ethernet cord for streaming.

All I am looking for is to stream them.

freqseeker

Here are some links that should help.
BCD536HP WIFI dongle firmware. This is from Uniden to make sure wifi dongle firmware is up to date.
BCD536hp wifi stream setup This is from the ProScan.org website. It was written by user NYRHKY94 from these forums. Very good step by step write up.
BCD536HP WIFI web server Also by NYRHKY94.
These should get you going. The SDS200 is set up the same without having to mess with the dongle.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
Here are some links that should help.
BCD536HP WIFI dongle firmware. This is from Uniden to make sure wifi dongle firmware is up to date.
BCD536hp wifi stream setup This is from the ProScan.org website. It was written by user NYRHKY94 from these forums. Very good step by step write up.
BCD536HP WIFI web server Also by NYRHKY94.
These should get you going. The SDS200 is set up the same without having to mess with the dongle.

I will work on it tonite. Thank and anyone please feel free to give me advise.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
All I want to do is broadcast 3 scanners. I am not understanding this stuff. Do I us Radiofeed only? I have been trying for hrs to get them broadcasting.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
All I want to do is broadcast 3 scanners. I am not understanding this stuff. Do I us Radiofeed only? I have been trying for hrs to get them broadcasting.
You can use RadioFeed if you just want to stream to Broadcastify and nothing else. ProScan and RadioFeed setup are the same. The cosmetics in RadioFeed may look a little different.

Did you setup the BCD536HP Wi-Fi yet?
Is ProScan or RadioFeed picking up the data & audio from the scanner?

Last edited:

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
You can use RadioFeed if you just want to stream to Broadcastify and nothing else. ProScan and RadioFeed setup are the same. The cosmetics in RadioFeed may look a little different.

Did you setup the BCD536HP Wi-Fi yet?
Is ProScan or RadioFeed picking up the data & audio from the scanner?

Bob,

It shows as broadcasting but when I g to MYRR i cannot hear it. Wifi is set up and the scanner looks to be working.

One says connected to server and the other says started to connect to Broadcastify server. It says mountpoint in use. error code 3.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob,

It shows as broadcasting but when I g to MYRR i cannot hear it. Wifi is set up and the scanner looks to be working.

One says connected to server and the other says started to connect to Broadcastify server. It says mountpoint in use. error code 3.
If you can not hear it, does the Broadcastify web page show the feed as Online or Not Active?
Are you running each instance of RadioFeed or ProScan in separate folders?
The reason you are 'getting mountpoint in use' is because the instance that is giving that error is trying to connect to the same Broadcastify feed as the other instance. Do you have multiple feeds setup with Broadcastify?

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
Bob, It is a programming issue on my end. I see they all have the same ip address where it shows in the published servers. But I am closer.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to enable the IFX on the SDS100 using Proscan? I know you can using Sentinel but I haven't seen it on Proscan.