bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Using proscan on my 15x, set 20 seconds to move on from a frequency. 52.000 sends like a little burst so it gets hung up and won't move on. Besides LO, anything else I could do?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Using proscan on my 15x, set 20 seconds to move on from a frequency. 52.000 sends like a little burst so it gets hung up and won't move on. Besides LO, anything else I could do?
I don't think it's a birdie but you could try adding 52 MHz to the IF Exchange frequency grid then upload the settings. Download the settings first so the scanner and ProScan settings are in sync. If still present then only way is to lock it out. Double clicking the L/O button will permanently lock it out.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Another question. Using the upper right corner option to set time limits on transmissions, got home today and discovered a 3 minute audio from 1 frequency. Had it set to 30 sec. Does proscan know its actual talking so it kept recording until it was finished?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Another question. Using the upper right corner option to set time limits on transmissions, got home today and discovered a 3 minute audio from 1 frequency. Had it set to 30 sec. Does proscan know its actual talking so it kept recording until it was finished?
That will happen if you have the History Logging option "Each Transmission New Row" unchecked. The Resume Scan/Search function probably resumed scanning after 30 seconds of constant carrier so that adds 30 seconds to the duration. Next time around, the duration is 30 seconds from before plus another 30 seconds. Each time the same conv. freq or TGID will add to the duration.

Does proscan know its actual talking so it kept recording until it was finished?
Negative.

Last edited:

rustyspark

Have two instances of proscan running on one PC. A BCD 536 and 436 . On that same PC I can enter the IP and ports on fire fox or chrome and they both come up fine. But when I go to a PC in another room ( same network) same IP and port #'s both time out and neither connect on either browser Same result on laptop in basement.

Chris0516

Have two instances of proscan running on one PC. A BCD 536 and 436 . On that same PC I can enter the IP and ports on fire fox or chrome and they both come up fine. But when I go to a PC in another room ( same network) same IP and port #'s both time out and neither connect on either browser Same result on laptop in basement.
You can't have the same IP address on multiple systems. Here is an IP(not real) 111.222.333.444. The '1's represent a computer. The '2's represent your network in your house. The '3's your local area. The '4's represent your ISP. So the '1's change with each computer on your home network. So, That is why you are not able to connect from several different computers, using the same IP address.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It should work. All I can suggest is to double check and triple check the IP address and port of the server. I'm sure you did that already but I've seen it a few times.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You can't have the same IP address on multiple systems. Here is an IP(not real) 111.222.333.444. The '1's represent a computer. The '2's represent your network in your house. The '3's your local area. The '4's represent your ISP. So the '1's change with each computer on your home network. So, That is why you are not able to connect from several different computers, using the same IP address.
I don't agree. The IP address and port # is of the server. Multiple browsers can connect to the same server at the same time.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like windows firewall is blocking access from all but the local computer you have the Proscan server running on.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Chris I would not recommend you give NETWORK Advise as you have it all wrong as you are no where close to even correct.
192.168.100.001 Router
192.168.100.002-254 are your local PC's just a basic setup.

Chris0516

Chris I would not recommend you give NETWORK Advise as you have it all wrong as you are no where close to even correct.
192.168.100.001 Router
You didn't read my reply carefully. I said the numbers I used were not real. I was pointing out how the specific IP #'s changed with each computer, and which #'s don't change. You just confirmed. That the only thing was. I got it backwards.

rustyspark

It sounds like windows firewall is blocking access from all but the local computer you have the Proscan server running on.
turns out it was in firewall settings. Out of frustration, I deleted all instances of proscan re installed , but in a different folder. When I checked the firewall settings, I saw Proscan was on the allow list, so I moved on. That was my mistake. Upon further investigation, I highlighted Proscan, then clicked details and saw it still listed the old folder, after I corrected the info to the new location/ folder...all is well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
192.168.100.001 Router
If you're going to scold someone for giving bad advice, you probably ought to make sure to at least post accurate info in your rebuttal. Now it's your turn...

192.168.100.1 is the default IP address of nearly every DOCSIS modem manufactured in the past two decades. 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address of off-the-shelf routers, with default DHCP assignments of 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254 for the clients.

You were close, but no cigar.

EastCoastSunrise

Premium Subscriber

By no means am I an IT professional I just dabble for fun sometimes. The IP address of the host machine should be statically set. I can provide details on how todo that if you need it. You should be able to have the two running on the one IP address, that should not be the issue. I think the issue your having is that both are on the same port. Think of your IP like a phone number at a business and the port like an extension number. For the sake of simplification you can only have one thing at a time happening on each port. The two feed servers conflict with each other as you are trying to place effectively two separate phone calls on the same line. So what I would do is use a tool called Nmap and see what other ports are open on your machine. I think the default port is 5000 and I think 5001 is also unused. So set one feed to say 5000 and the other to 5001, that might help. Also check your putting in your machines local IP. Which in most cases looks like something like 192.168.1.XXX. Using Google to find how to find your IP on what ever O/S your using will also be useful. You may have entered the machines truly local IP which is 127.0.0.1. The 127.0.0.1 IP is a loop back IP so it does not go anywhere other than back to your machine. So make sure you use the local IP which is the 192.168.1.XXX IP. Also make sure to specify the port to connect to by adding a colon to the end of the IP. It would look like 192.168.1.XXX:5000. The last thing I would check is that your firewall settings on both machines allow connections between each other. That may be the reason your other devices dont work right now.

Hope this helps! If you have questions please feel free to reach out.

East

rustyspark

The last thing I would check is that your firewall settings on both machines allow connections between each other. That may be the reason your other devices dont work right now.

Hope this helps! If you have questions please feel free to reach out.
it turned out the problem was in the firewall settings. As usual, operator error on my part....but thanks very much for the detailed help you offered.

pboodi

Greetings. Wondering if possible to monitor Fire dispatch and have it break squelch on traffic intended for my local fire station.
I tried searching the fourm, apologies if this question has been answered before.

sds100,sds200,bcd536hp proscan and acr536pro