jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Did you program the scanner using Sentinel before? You will need to use Sentinel to update the scanner firmware, update the master Uniden database, and profile editing. The master database updating is optional if you are using ProScan to import directly from the RadioReference database. I would use Sentinel at first to get a better grip on how the scanner is programmed. ProScan can program the scanner the same way that Sentinel does it. ProScan has more features and options if you want to go that route.

The ProScan manual doesn't attempt to address any of the scanner functions including Quick Keys. Check out this document. Easier to Read SDS-100/200 Digital Scanner Manual Search for "Quick Key" and the section Understanding Quick Keys. It may take several readings and several cups of coffee over several days.
Yes. Thank you. Pretty comfortable with Sentinel. I definitely want more features and options.

I will look again at the “easier to read” manuals. I’ve already spent more time with this radio and it’s peripherals than any other radio I’ve ever had - and that is a lot of radios!

When I finally do “come out the other side” of this I hope I can help others like me to understand all of this better. Lord knows, many good and patient people have helped me on the RR Forums over the years! To me anyway, none of this has been intuitive or easy!

mantzm

Premium Subscriber
ProScan targets the .Net Framework 4.8. The correct framework is installed and enabled. If it wasn't then ProScan wouldn't run at all.

On the "In Use By This Instance" message, Set the Comm Port to None then click the Set button then Auto Detect again.

Here's a couple of links. There's many more. If these don't help then google "radioreference Parallels proscan" or "radioreference Parallels comm. port"

Bob - The first link you suggested was the key to the problem - Needed to manually create the Serial Port in Parallels Configuration before starting up the VM. I did have to turn the radio on/off so the Mac OSX could see the port first.
Up and running again.

Thanks, MM

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having troubles not having the google map come up when looking up site locations?

I noticed that yesterday using the internal browser. For a workaround, uncheck the "Use Internal Web Browser" box so your default browser will show the map. At this point, I believe the Google API is causing a JavaScript error. I will look at it before the next release.
This is fixed. Basically what happened is this
In my program, the Google Maps window uses Internet Explorer 11 for the internal browser. ProScan is developed using Visual Studio 2022 and still uses IE11 for the WebBrowser control. Microsoft ended support for IE 11 but is still keeping it going in Visual Studio. Google decided to make IE 11 not work at all in google map versions 3.48 and above.
I had a choice of fixes
1. Hard code google map API at ver. 3.47
2. Use a 3rd party WebBrowser control.
3. Change the User Agent HTTP header to fool the Google Maps API into believing another browser type is used . I used this one.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Does ProScan have the ability to download/copy from the RR database for the SDS series radios if you are a premium RR subscriber?

jeffdafoe

If you want to read the favorites from the scanner. Click the Favorites Editor check box located in the top menu on the left side. After the Favorites Editor opens then click on File then New then navigate to a folder where you want the Favorites to be saved. Click the 'Make New Folder" button and give it a name then click the OK button. Now put the scanner in Mass Storage mode then click on Scanner Read.

Hello, I've been using Proscan for logging but am interested in starting to use it for favorites management. Is there a mechanism for merging RRDB system changes into a favorites list? I feel like this is a shortcoming in Sentinel and I suspect that Proscan addresses it, if you can point me to a reference or give a brief description like you did above, that would be awesome.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
When I do the RR import on Aircraft frequencies, like KBNA Nashville or ZME Memphis center, all the Frequencies in the Audio Type column default to Color Code 0. Not sure if it is Proscan or the interfacing with the 2.0 upgrade of the RRDB.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When I do the RR import on Aircraft frequencies, like KBNA Nashville or ZME Memphis center, all the Frequencies in the Audio Type column default to Color Code 0. Not sure if it is Proscan or the interfacing with the 2.0 upgrade of the RRDB.
It’s fixed. It will be in the next release in about 10 days.

MartyF81

Premium Subscriber
Anybody ever have an issue where recordings are all 1kb? I have been recording for years and never had this.... I have rebooted everything, reinstalled Proscan... gone back to older versions. Tried MP3 and WAV.... all 1kb.

I feel like I am maybe missing something obvious here....