ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
ProScan Version 1.7 Build 2 includes the RadioReference Imports feature, improved Scanner Over IP, and bug fixes.

Supported scanners are the BCD996T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D.

I'm thriving to make this the best Computer Aided Scanning program and suggestions are very much appreciated.

http://www.proscan.org/index.htm

Bob
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Working right on Android now.

Same as my Firefox version. Works right on two pcs, not on my main one. maybe an extension causing problems. Have to try and track it down. At least working right on Android.

Strick or Standard, same issue.

No big deal I can live with it.
Thanks for the update I was googling the error and came across stuff like this:
. Disable your extensions one by one (especially ad blockers, password managers, or cookie consent bypassers) to find which one causes
. Sometimes cached script states cause mismatched execution contexts. Hard-refresh the page using Ctrl + F5
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,568
Reaction score
1,469
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
Thanks for the update I was googling the error and came across stuff like this:
. Disable your extensions one by one (especially ad blockers, password managers, or cookie consent bypassers) to find which one causes
. Sometimes cached script states cause mismatched execution contexts. Hard-refresh the page using Ctrl + F5
I'll play around with extensions one at a time and see. But as long as it works right on Android I'm good with it, since I seldom use web server on this computer to monitor anything. Usually use the phone.

Ctrl+F5 completely wipes out the scanner from the screen.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Folks,
Here is a preview of the upcoming version 24.14 (currently labeled as version 24.13, file version 24.13.2.0).

What's New:
  • Added - View Type: Vertical Mode. Currently supported for HP & SDS scanners only. All other scanners will be done next. Great for using with the Web Server feature.
Screenshot here: ProScan: - Official Software Thread

Download the update here: https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_24_13_2_0.zip

Installation Instructions:
It's not packaged up in a setup file so to install, stop ProScan, then unzip and copy the exe file over your existing file.
 

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
470
Reaction score
485
Location
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
Folks,
Here is a preview of the upcoming version 24.14 (currently labeled as version 24.13, file version 24.13.2.0).

What's New:
  • Added - View Type: Vertical Mode. Currently supported for HP & SDS scanners only. All other scanners will be done next. Great for using with the Web Server feature.
Screenshot here: ProScan: - Official Software Thread

Download the update here: https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_24_13_2_0.zip

Installation Instructions:
It's not packaged up in a setup file so to install, stop ProScan, then unzip and copy the exe file over your existing file.
Thanks for this Bob. This is helpful on mobile web server and also useful in "Scanner Only" mode on my desktop. I greatly appreciate this.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
When I click on recorded traffic in ProScan the program exits. Just started last week still same behavior with latest update. any ideas?
I'm looking into this issue now. I received two emails about it today and one last week, and I've been working with a user today. It appears that Windows Update KB5124010 broke the mp3 playback.

It seems that KB5124010 removed the msmpeg2ac3dec.dll file from the Windows\System32 folder. While ProScan recorder playback doesn't reference that file directly, it uses the mciSendString function in winmm.dll to play back mp3 files.

Current workarounds are:

1. Record in WAV format.
2. Uninstall KB5124010.
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,568
Reaction score
1,469
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
Bob,
FYI

KB5124010 appears to only install on Intel cpus' as my Intel N150 mini received that update, but my Asus AMD Ryzen 9 5900XT did not receive that update last week. The Asus machine running ProScan is playing back recordings as expected. I'll load ProScan on the mini and see what it does.
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,568
Reaction score
1,469
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
The mini Intel N150 with KB124010, works fine, played back every recording I tried.

So must be something with specific motherboards or cpus, or something else software or driver issue.
 
Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Bob,
FYI

KB5124010 appears to only install on Intel cpus' as my Intel N150 mini received that update, but my Asus AMD Ryzen 9 5900XT did not receive that update last week. The Asus machine running ProScan is playing back recordings as expected. I'll load ProScan on the mini and see what it does.
I have a Intel CPU, Using Windows 11 Home, 26H2, 26300.9457
It did not install KB5124010
A user with the problem is using 26H2 (build os 26300.9550)
I checked for updates today and it was already current. Strange stuff.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
I'm putting together a test file using WMPLib.WindowsMediaPlayer instead of what is currently used for playback which is the mciSendString function in the winmm.dll file. I want to see if it does the same thing.
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,568
Reaction score
1,469
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
Nevermind that. It doesn't work when compiled as a 32 bit app.
Microsoft doesn't seem to care what changes to the OS does to non Microsoft software! Never has!

As long as their products work, to heck with everyone else, make them work around the changes.
 

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
4,299
Reaction score
1,339
Location
The Natural State
Microsoft doesn't seem to care what changes to the OS does to non Microsoft software! Never has!

As long as their products work, to heck with everyone else, make them work around the changes.

Likely because there would be no way for them to test every single program and app that people have made to run on Windows.
 

ekim223

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
127
Reaction score
19
Location
Crawford County PA
I use Proscan in conjunction with a SDS100, on two different laptops. One is where my I do most of my setup work and download directly to the SDS100 unit. The 2nd laptop with Proscan is used to log the activities of the SDS100. I would like to view the log/activities of the SDS100/Proscan on laptop 2 on my setup laptop. Both laptops have complete network access to each other. I just need to understand what files from Proscan I need to transfer from LAPTOP 2 to LAPTOP 1, so I can read the activities of the SDS100. So far, I have not succeeded. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike
PS. I find using Proscan to work with my SDS100 so much more useful and enjoyable than Sentinel or Arc536 Pro.
 
Top