NYRHKY94

Awesome job again Bob! I love the balloon style tip of the frequency/ID in the notication area when the program is minimized. Just keeps getting better :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Awesome job again Bob! I love the balloon style tip of the frequency/ID in the notication area when the program is minimized. Just keeps getting better :)

Thanks Mike, It's always good to here things like this. I already added a few minor things to the next release including a server "Hot Event" button that will show the published server listing in red, a "Cancel" button when connecting to servers, Audio Recordings "Find & Select" now will select the non-existing files (listings that are grayed out) and a few bug fixes.

Last edited:

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
ProScan

Bob,

Hands Down the best computer aided scanning program i have ever used. As owner of www.MDFireFeeds.com I needed something that could work running 3 feeds or more, From 125 miles from me. Proscan makes this a dream. Thanks again for your hard work. I am sure all of us appreciate it. You have truly the best program out there.

Thanks again,

Scott Shuster
www.MDFireFeeds.com

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob,

Hands Down the best computer aided scanning program i have ever used. As owner of www.MDFireFeeds.com I needed something that could work running 3 feeds or more, From 125 miles from me. Proscan makes this a dream. Thanks again for your hard work. I am sure all of us appreciate it. You have truly the best program out there.

Thanks again,

Scott Shuster
www.MDFireFeeds.com

Thanks for the compliments Scott. I'm working on ProScan this very minute to make it even better. Next release 1.8.1 in about two to three weeks.

KK5FM

Minimized without a border-How to get full screen back

So far, I like the program a lot. I tried the screen only without a border, and now every time I open the program, it opens in this mode, and I have not been able to get the full screen back. Also in this mode, the only way I can close the program is to go in to task manager in Windows.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
So far, I like the program a lot. I tried the screen only without a border, and now every time I open the program, it opens in this mode, and I have not been able to get the full screen back. Also in this mode, the only way I can close the program is to go in to task manager in Windows.

When it opens in the borderless display-only mode, have you tried double-clicking on the scanner display? This is how I get the main full display back.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Double click the screen to bring it back to the normal display view.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Options --> General...

Left side - 3/4 of the way down - "Text Notification Area".

Then, a little up from that, make sure that you have something select in the drop-down labeled "Show Frequency/ Talk Group ID - Text Tags in Caption".

paramedszaf

Options --> General...

Then, a little up from that, make sure that you have something select in the drop-down labeled "Show Frequency/ Talk Group ID - Text Tags in Caption".

I have to box checked and nothing is popping up when minimized... Am I missing something?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Jonathon, thanks for the help in tech support. You must be a great tech support manager at work. I came in this afternoon and seen it under control.

Options --> General...

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Not a problem Bob - It's all part of enjoying helping others enjoy what you enjoy :-D Glad I could be of assistance!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 1.8.1 is out!

Happy Thanksgiving and have a safe holiday season!

ProScan Version 1.8.1 is out!

Added - "Hot Event" button to the server. Hot events shows in red on the published servers list.
Added - Upload option (DMA type scanners) "Delete All Items In Scanner that Is Not In The Database".
Fixed - Uploading systems remotely with the option “Delete All Systems In Scanner Before Upload”, upload may fail.
Fixed - Group Quick Key status grid was off by 1.
Fixed - Recordings talk group id’s not correct for non DMA scanners.
Fixed - Recordings beginning of transmission was being cutoff.
Fixed - LTR talk group id's was not properly being formatted in the history, recording, and frequency / talk group id's logging grids.
Fixed - Recorder “Lookup Record Flag From Database” may not work for DMA type scanners in some cases.
Many more small bug fixes and improvements.

ProScan is the most technology advanced Computer Aided Scanning software that’s feature rich with the friendliest user interface.

Try the 30 day fully functional demo!

ProScan supports the BCD996T, BCT15, BCD396T, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D Scanners.

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

HOT event question on 1.8.1

Hi Bob:

I just downloaded 1.8.1 and wanted to test the new HOT event feature. I enabled that on the server, but I do not see where this shows up in "red" on the availlable server list. It only shows HOT event in the server, but no color. Am I missing another configuration step to make it show up in red?

Thanks - Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The client side (full version) needs the latest 1.8.1 for the server in the list to show red. I'll release the 1.8.1 Free ProScan Client in a few days.

Hi Bob:

I just downloaded 1.8.1 and wanted to test the new HOT event feature. I enabled that on the server, but I do not see where this shows up in "red" on the availlable server list. It only shows HOT event in the server, but no color. Am I missing another configuration step to make it show up in red?

Thanks - Mike

Last edited:

zzdiesel

I am seriously considering purchasing Proscan. My only holdup is wondering whether or not it will record all night or not. It does a real good job recording till the nag box pops up and it stops recording for the night. The Proscan site says it is fully functional for the 30 day trial, but it really is not since it's like this.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I am seriously considering purchasing Proscan. My only holdup is wondering whether or not it will record all night or not. It does a real good job recording till the nag box pops up and it stops recording for the night. The Proscan site says it is fully functional for the 30 day trial, but it really is not since it's like this.

mine has been running and recording for weeks. In the past, it has run for months continuously.