Wake County P25 switch

WRQS621

Banned
Banned
I am hearing some type Police or Mutual Aid Dispatch for TG 46844 all night on Cary/Wake P25 Wake Simulcast. I confirmed it was RPD NOD (North Dispatch) TG 40032 from Wake County system.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing some type Police or Mutual Aid Dispatch for TG 46844 all night on Cary/Wake P25 Wake Simulcast. I confirmed it was RPD NOD (North Dispatch) TG 40032 from Wake County system.

Yesterday I was hearing the same TG (46844) and had it linked to LE EAST on the old system, it also falls between two TGs that were broadcasting the RFD/Wake FD/EMS alert tones. There are no RID/UID displayed on these TGs so I couldn't confirm users. Might be radio techs testing the system and I wouldn't want to name the TG just yet. Thank you for you contribution @WA4MAC

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sunday afternoon and 46844 is now broadcasting Fire tones/Alerts, don't think the techs can make up their mind.

PKnight56

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't so sure at first because it was EMS and RFD dispatched to the same calls but I heard them dispatch chief 200 for EMS system status???

ESTAT "EMS System Status" is when the available EMS units in the county drop below 10, tones out the chief so they can reallocate and try to get units back in service. This would be an EMS only call. But like NG said they may be switching things around, I am still trying to pull strings to get system info

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
I heard a rumor today about Wake County moving to P25 very soon, and actually came here to see what the chatter is. I don’t have any more than that, but heard about it in an unrelated conversation today. Anyone hearing any additional traffic?

drayd48

I've been monitoring in my free time and have heard nothing more than what has previously been posted. I too heard October is the switchover, and well, it's been October for 12 days now. Just playing the waiting game...

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
My apologies to all monitoring this thread, someone started a new thread and I started placing updates there instead. Please visit

for the most recent updates and TG info. Also, system is in database under the Cary TRS

drayd48

My apologies to all monitoring this thread, someone started a new thread and I started placing updates there instead. Please visit

for the most recent updates and TG info. Also, system is in database under the Cary TRS

Whoops I didn't realize there were two threads going around about this

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
I was in an unrelated meeting today and heard that Wake County was changing over this month, I have to ask if there is a better date, but thanks for all of the information already posted here!

Chris0516

So, As far as the changeover from Mot Type II Smartzone to P25. That is supposed to be complete, or, it is still a work in progress? Because RRDB's Wake County page mentions both Mot Type II Smartzone, and P25. I have both, the "Wake County Mot Type II Smartzone and the Cary/Wake P25, systems. As far as the RRDB, they are both dated 9-23-2021.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So, As far as the changeover from Mot Type II Smartzone to P25. That is supposed to be complete, or, it is still a work in progress?

It is both, the system is complete, basically, however they are slowly moving agencies over and testing to ensure there are no unanticipated issues with the system. Currently four bus agencies and Wake GSA are on the new P25 system, as identified in the database, and still patched to the old Type II system in case there are issues. Once more agencies get added look for frequencies on the system are added to handle capacity.

Chris0516

It is both, the system is complete, basically, however they are slowly moving agencies over and testing to ensure there are no unanticipated issues with the system. Currently four bus agencies and Wake GSA are on the new P25 system, as identified in the database, and still patched to the old Type II system in case there are issues. Once more agencies get added look for frequencies on the system are added to handle capacity.
Thanks for the quick response.