2017-Starcom21 Thread Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stark County Sheriffs TG 4175

Today I am hearing Stark County Sheriffs on Starcom21 on the Peoria County Simulcast. Talkgroup 4175. Radio coverage testing.

Elpato

Premium Subscriber
logged uid: 276806 (tri com dispatch)
as well as uid: 322009 (south elgin pd)
on talk group 11001

tinman981

Getting some chatter on TG 36014 this morning Possible 2 radio tech's .No radio ID displayed .

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
A lot of testing today it seems, I've got hits from site 149 from TG's 34101, 34103, 34109, 34113, and 34139 (encrypted). RIDs in the 146xxx range.

skinnyb82

Found new TG for the Knox County Sheriff's Office, or at least I believe it's a new TG they're dinking around with as a KCSO Unit RID hit on it twice (or more). Last few days of monitoring site 221 and I've been getting hits on TG 1930 when KCSO uses TG 1926 for dispatch purposes. Haven't confirmed anything as I didn't hear it with my own two ears. Have heard deputies ask for readbacks only over Starcom instead of the simulcast, presumaby because they believe Starcom cannot be monitored which begs the question, why wouldn't you want that simulcast over the On another note, I got a hit on TG 13010 (D14 Dispatch B) with an interesting RID....RID is simply 31. Have a TON of confirmed RIDs for D7 patrol units, revenue agents, IDNR, etc...now if I only had the patience to edit the RID wiki. Oddities I've been hearing include Illinois Commerce Commission police assigned to patrol in D7 and occasionally TG 9015 will be patched during shift changes, will hear D1 and D2 units.

cubn

Database Admin
Have a TON of confirmed RIDs for D7 patrol units, revenue agents, IDNR, etc...now if I only had the patience to edit the RID wiki.

It's pretty easy to do. You can see how to format your data by clicking Edit (on the wiki page) and see how the raw text is formatted.

Start by sort your list of IDs from low to high. Add an asterix * infront of the talkgroup so it appears like this and when you save it turns the asterix into a bullet.

*10109 Engine 23
*10201 Engine 31 portable
*10204 ISP DuQuoin dispatcher

Then look on the wiki page where those sequence of IDs would fit and copy and past them in. Hit "Show Preview" before hitting "Save Page" to make sure the edits appear as you intended.

I wish they were stored in a Google Sheet instead of the wiki as it would be easier to edit and and export to various formats.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Huntley & Lake in the Hills PD active on 34103, Phase 1 and clear. There's a separate thread in the forum discussing SEECOM's transition.

New SC-21 TG #34102 Heard Today 5pm

Just past 5:00pm today I heard some voice chatter on TG #34102 about "Woodstock/Going back to the college." I quick saved it and sure enough, it was New TG #34102 off of the McHenry Site Tower. Phase One/clear too. I was monitoring all afternoon, 2pm-5pm, but this never came up before then. Then no more activity after all this evening.

I had my analog radios on Crystal Lake PD & Algonquin Dispatch at that specific moment but neither barked. I don't think it was another Huntley/Lith PD nor CL PD. Unless New Tac/Car2Car? I would venture to guess at it either being New CL PD Car2Car, New Woodstock Car2Car, or McHenry Car2Car as it sounded more like Car2Car type comms. Will keep checking this.

scraech

Site 015 Lake County. TGID 3631 UID's 119017, 119010. Phase 1 I see there's information on the self add page. From 5/1/17 but not figuring out who it is exactly. Any info out there from the crowd?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Testing today on 36101, site 149. All encrypted, RIDs 135xxx.

The more I think about this the more I think this is Wheeling. Can anyone confirm whether their 800 repeater is still in use or not? I'm not getting any traffic on it but my antenna also isn't really the best performer on 800. The talkgroup 36101 looks to be in normal use and is not patched to anything I can find.

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
Wheeling PD on Starcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeman92 View Post
Testing today on 36101, site 149. All encrypted, RIDs 135xxx.
The more I think about this the more I think this is Wheeling. Can anyone confirm whether their 800 repeater is still in use or not? I'm not getting any traffic on it but my antenna also isn't really the best performer on 800. The talkgroup 36101 looks to be in normal use and is not patched to anything I can find.

I am hearing the CW identifier on 857.4875 MHz which was Wheeling PD's F1 repeater. Other than that, no voice traffic on that frequency or the F3 repeater (859.2375 MHz). The whole transition to Starcom by Wheeling is kind of bittersweet for me. I was involved in the planning and construction of the 800 system and in fact put out the first call on the new system when it became active and the transition was made from 470.7625 MHz which Wheeling shared with Northbrook PD. At the time, if I recall correctly, only District 15, Gurnee and Rolling Meadows were on 800 MHz. Wheeling's system did have some talk-out power - we were running 75 watt base stations into Bogner 10dB gain antennas from 130 foot water towers. There were two transmitter sites - one at Milwaukee and Dundee and the other at Milwaukee and Lake-Cook. For whatever reason, the Milwaukee-Dundee site reached out further. Ahhhh, the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.