2017-Starcom21 Thread Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Can someone confirm whether this talkgroup is P25 or P25 Phase II? Any RIDs showing up with this traffic?

Kevin... pretty sure it was PII... I'll confirm that for ya tonight along with the RID.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker is showing only P2, and the RIDs 67002 and 2469xx series. I'm running on site 149 but with it being so close that should be fairly accurate to what's showing up on the Lake County site.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Can someone confirm whether this talkgroup is P25 or P25 Phase II? Any RIDs showing up with this traffic?

Hey Kevin... yes, after about 90 minutes of monitoring the TG this evening, I can confirm that it's Phase II, and the only RID I saw on my TRX-1 was 67002, regardless of who was transmitting, dispatch or responding apparatus.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Hey Kevin... yes, after about 90 minutes of monitoring the TG this evening, I can confirm that it's Phase II, and the only RID I saw on my TRX-1 was 67002, regardless of who was transmitting, dispatch or responding apparatus.
Thanks for the info, K9DAK - I've updated the Radio Reference database to show talkgroup 33448 as Phase II. RID 67002 shows up in the Radio Reference SC21 Wiki as Wauconda PD and/or EMA. This appears to be a patch/multicast of either Lake Zurich FD's 155.835 repeater or Wauconda FD's 159.1425 multicast of the 155.835 repeater.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Hi Michael,

This is caused by when something gets changed other than a frequency, I believe. In this case, that was me adding a FCC callsign to the Site.

Kevin

Last edited:

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
Woodford county will be getting one and perhaps two new SC21 sites. Sheriff Matt Smith told the county public safety committee at their April 8th meeting that Motorola has approved a plan for a site in Minonk. Smith also said a site in the Washburn area was still being sought to achieve the goal of portable coverage without the use of vehicular repeaters. Coverage below the river bluff will be provided by the sites in Mossville, Chillicothe, and Grandview drive.

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
WRDF445 has been issued to Woodford county for a SC21 site at the Minonk water tower.
Thanks to midwestgrants.com for collecting the info.

1 FB2 854.01250
1 FB2 854.58750
1 FB2 857.08750
1 FB2 858.08750
1 FB2 859.08750

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Hanover Township Emergency Services doing traffic control on TG 36917. Phase 2 off site 149. I believe but cannot confirm that this may be a channel 2, as I've got hits from them on 36916 as well.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Hanover Township Emergency Services doing traffic control on TG 36917. Phase 2 off site 149. I believe but cannot confirm that this may be a channel 2, as I've got hits from them on 36916 as well.

Speaking of 36916, hearing Hanover Township snow plows on there tonight, Phase 2. RID's 17000x.

Is it me? Or is the Starcom21 Kane Site Controller (Nac 140 sys 026) down (RF failure) to transmit today since 1100hrs. LITH, Huntley, Lakewood, Algonquin, Cary, etc calls are come up Registering in the system but no calls are actually heard from the Kane tower site. SDRTrunk just sees the register mode but no freq request for channel grants, (RF slot assignments). Nothing heard on my scanners monitoring the Kane site either. Zip. I thought I had gone deaf. McHenry Site seems fine, Lake County site seems okay too. The main Kane Control Channel is there it looks good RF wise, nice strong carrier signal, but no calls coming thru, just all logins. Elgin PD (ENC) seems to get a RF grant with a Priority #4 Encrypted slot, but that (and the Elgin FD and Pace Buss) are about the only ones getting a RF freq to use. The SC21 system controller isn't showing up in the data fields either. Also ISP, ITHA, IDOT and the rest are also not being heard at all thru the Kane Site, just only all logins registering. I don't think it is Phase II issue as the scanner would get that and nothing there. McHenry Sheriff was doing radio checks around noon thru the McHenry Site and that site it okay. I think the Kane site needs a doctor today. RF Laryngitis.

Last edited:

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Is it me? Or is the Starcom21 Kane Site Controller (Nac 140 sys 026) down (RF failure) to transmit today since 1100hrs. LITH, Huntley, Lakewood, Algonquin, Cary, etc calls are come up Registering in the system but no calls are actually heard from the Kane tower site. SDRTrunk just sees the register mode but no freq request for channel grants, (RF slot assignments). Nothing heard on my scanners monitoring the Kane site either. Zip. I thought I had gone deaf. McHenry Site seems fine, Lake County site seems okay too. The main Kane Control Channel is there it looks good RF wise, nice strong carrier signal, but no calls coming thru, just all logins. Elgin PD (ENC) seems to get a RF grant with a Priority #4 Encrypted slot, but nothing else. Also ISP, ITHA, IDOT and the rest are also not being heard at all thru the Kane Site, just only all logins registering. I don't think it is Phase II issue as the scanner would get that and nothing there. McHenry Sheriff was doing radio checks around noon thru the McHenry Site and that site it okay. I think the Kane site needs a doctor today. RF Laryngitis.

It’s not just you, I heard (via the Cook/NWCDS site) SEECOM tell Huntley around 11:30 or so this morning that they were using backup radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usswood

Is it me? Or is the Starcom21 Kane Site Controller (Nac 140 sys 026) down (RF failure) to transmit today since 1100hrs. LITH, Huntley, Lakewood, Algonquin, Cary, etc calls are come up Registering in the system but no calls are actually heard from the Kane tower site. SDRTrunk just sees the register mode but no freq request for channel grants, (RF slot assignments). Nothing heard on my scanners monitoring the Kane site either. Zip. I thought I had gone deaf. McHenry Site seems fine, Lake County site seems okay too. The main Kane Control Channel is there it looks good RF wise, nice strong carrier signal, but no calls coming thru, just all logins. Elgin PD (ENC) seems to get a RF grant with a Priority #4 Encrypted slot, but that (and the Elgin FD and Pace Buss) are about the only ones getting a RF freq to use. The SC21 system controller isn't showing up in the data fields either. Also ISP, ITHA, IDOT and the rest are also not being heard at all thru the Kane Site, just only all logins registering. I don't think it is Phase II issue as the scanner would get that and nothing there. McHenry Sheriff was doing radio checks around noon thru the McHenry Site and that site it okay. I think the Kane site needs a doctor today. RF Laryngitis.
sounds like the site is in site-trunking only....IE disconnect from the network

Status
Not open for further replies.