BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
My Bcd536hp took only 10 days for the round trip.

The work order slip that was packaged upon return listed (under the caption "The following parts were replaced or actions performed during the repair of your unit"):
HP8
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D416 D416 D417 D418

I think, based upon other posts here, that the BATTERY MODIFICATION addresses the RTC issue and the D416-D418 addresses the dimming LCD issue.

Anyone know what the HP8 refers to and what it addresses?

Thanks

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
Head Phone? Did you ask them to check if for the head phone issue?

My Bcd536hp took only 10 days for the round trip.

The work order slip that was packaged upon return listed (under the caption "The following parts were replaced or actions performed during the repair of your unit"):
HP8
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D416 D416 D417 D418

I think, based upon other posts here, that the BATTERY MODIFICATION addresses the RTC issue and the D416-D418 addresses the dimming LCD issue.

Anyone know what the HP8 refers to and what it addresses?

Thanks

Glenn

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
Ok - I feel dumb[emoji1]. I was so focused on Home Patrol, I overlooked what is, as you suggest, most likely the headphone fix.

I did search for "hp8 Uniden" (both in RR and Google) and got nothing that seemed to relate to the BCD536HP scanner. I'm surprised that notation didn't appear or wasn't questioned during the original headphone repair campaign. Then again, if a radio had been sent back for the headphone repair only, it probably would have been quite obvious what HP8 denoted [emoji1].

Thanks for your quick response.

Glenn

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. That was just a guess, of course. I'm sure that the D numbers are the display LEDs as I've sent one of my 536s back for that issue and those were the parts replaced.

Ok - I feel dumb[emoji1]. I was so focused on Home Patrol, I overlooked what is, as you suggest, most likely the headphone fix.

I did search for "hp8 Uniden" (both in RR and Google) and got nothing that seemed to relate to the BCD536HP scanner. I'm surprised that notation didn't appear or wasn't questioned during the original headphone repair campaign. Then again, if a radio had been sent back for the headphone repair only, it probably would have been quite obvious what HP8 denoted [emoji1].

Thanks for your quick response.

Glenn

divison200

BCDx36HP: BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

My unit was sent in for repair and returned, total time 14 days. Following repair was done HEADPHONE JACK MODIFICATION
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

Unit is working fine

K2BBF

My unit was sent in for repair and returned, total time 14 days. Following repair was done HEADPHONE JACK MODIFICATION
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

Unit is working fine
Did they extend your warranty to 3 years?

K2BBF

Ok Thanks. I'm waiting for mine to be returned from repair. I heard some of these units came back with a three year warranty sticker on back but I don't know what the criteria for that was.

Voyager

I think only the ones with the headphone issue were extended. Those would be ones made within the first month or two of production.

slwilson28625

Premium Subscriber
Sent my 536 in 10/17/15 and got it back 10/30/15....working great.

They did the following repairs:
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

GREAT JOB UNIDEN! Waiting now for a campaign to fix the dimmed screen on my other 536.

wise871

Database Admin
Sent my 536 in 10/17/15 and got it back 10/30/15....working great.

They did the following repairs:
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

GREAT JOB UNIDEN! Waiting now for a campaign to fix the dimmed screen on my other 536.

I take it only one of your 536 had the battery issue?

whooey

Premium Subscriber
I am not on the forums much anymore, just found this thread. Will submit my SN tonite. Thank you UPman and Uniden. This will be the second trip to the repair shop, LOL. First was headphone fix.

JoeyC

Dropped off 10/21/15 at UPS Store
Arrived back at my location 11/3/15

with 3 year warranty sticker.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Registered two 536 SNs and one 436 SN yesterday, got confirmation number, but no mail from Uniden about labels to send in. Wonder if they are far behind in parts. Perhaps I should not have mentioned 436HP at this time (know parts available later) because I really would like to have these two 536HPs repaired. Oh well, will wait and see.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP parts expected early December, so if your entry included a BCD436HP you won't get any label until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.