WoodburyMan

Small Update on the reception issue I had.

I found for my SDS100 and SDS200 that filter "Off" works best (You can set it in the Site settings on your list). Profile setting to Ignore NAC site, and in the Site sections on my list I have "Search" for site NAC as well. ID Search Off helps, but haven't noticed much difference with ID Search On as well, so either goes. I also still have my lists set to just scan the CC of each site.

SDRTrunk is still way better and gets a few more TXs my SDS's miss. I have a 3 RTL-SDR antenna setup on it which works great streamed to Icecast server. The recording doesn't compare to ProScan though and logging.... The ability to only record specific Unit ID's is neat though...

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea if it was a fluke or if there is an issue with the uniden scanner when a system is fully programmed. But by using only the one control channel and having nothing else programmed seemed to receive much better than loading all parts of the system in. As far as keeping from hearing what you don't want to, give locking out a try. I was using this only for testing as one of my remote scanners hears CLMRN very well.

I got it working thank you so much you two.
1 question, am I able to avoid certain talkgroups like the transit ?

Reconrider

I have no idea if it was a fluke or if there is an issue with the uniden scanner when a system is fully programmed. But by using only the one control channel and having nothing else programmed seemed to receive much better than loading all parts of the system in. As far as keeping from hearing what you don't want to, give locking out a try. I was using this only for testing as one of my remote scanners hears CLMRN very well.
I ended up importing tgids so they had names and then I avoided what I didn’t want to hear. I should be all set now thank you

scollier

Hey all,

Just playing around with L Simulcast here in Shelton on 325. I get 2-3 bars and NFM on display... What is the proper band plan for that site?

Hope all is well and everyone is safe. Thanks again soo much for everything! Stay dry!

cg

Premium Subscriber
University of Connecticut Fire Department Statewide 1 active today during station coverage in West Hartford (Funeral coverage)
TGID 1381 - UCFD SW 1

chris

scollier

Thanks Dial!

I'll check what I put in... Maybe a digit off... of course, I could just be too far away for a good lock! I'll play when I have more time!

A great labor day weekend to all! Enjoy it! Back out to the leaves that have been sitting in piles since the storm!

Best with much thanks as always

Getting G/I anf A sites in good here around video ln shelton. Not much distortion! Seems like if they don't talk clear enough, it gets distorted, but if they talk clearly and slowly, its fine... IDK. Just my $0.02.

Shawn

cg

Premium Subscriber
UCONN Storrs Engine was doing the coverage, they are normally on UHF. UCONN Farmington is still on 800 conventional.

chris

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Hi all who here thinks town of enfield will be on the system i heard it’s a lot of money to do plus there system is not that old either
If they do it won’t be anytime soon. As others have said they have a fairly new P25 system in place. A quick search also doesn’t show any reference to CLMRN on any town minutes.

Garrison54

Hi guys does anyone know what the 800 frequencies on troop A and E are used for, it says that troop g’s are for Fairfield? But I’m not sure for the others