cg

Premium Subscriber
It is a trunked system, there aren't a dedicated group of frequencies for each troop. You need a P25 phase 2 capable scanner and program the system in the link provided.

chris

Garrison54

It is a trunked system, there aren't a dedicated group of frequencies for each troop. You need a P25 phase 2 capable scanner and program the system in the link provided.

chris
I understand but uasi Fairfield uses troop gs tower and also has a lot more frequencies than for example troop d or c so I’m assuming that all the extra frequencies on A and E are for something similar, I head ems calls on one of A’s earlier too

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I understand but uasi Fairfield uses troop gs tower and also has a lot more frequencies than for example troop d or c so I’m assuming that all the extra frequencies on A and E are for something similar, I head ems calls on one of A’s earlier too
The number of frequencies Assigned to each site is most likely based on the amount of traffic they expected to get.

For example Troop D and C are much more rural areas and realistically only carry state police, DOT and DEEP. The Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport areas have state police, CT transit, and now more municipal police and fire departments using them so they have been assigned more frequencies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
A, E, F, G, H, I are each 12 frequencies. B, C, D, K, L each have 6 frequencies. Standalone sites often have 3 but can vary. The bigger sites can carry 22 conversations at a time.

chris

Garrison54

The number of frequencies Assigned to each site is most likely based on the amount of traffic they expected to get.

For example Troop D and C are much more rural areas and realistically only carry state police, DOT and DEEP. The Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport areas have state police, CT transit, and now more municipal police and fire departments using them so they have been assigned more frequencies.

You’re right I’m just trying to identify what those police and fire departments are

Reconrider

You’re right I’m just trying to identify what those police and fire departments are
Not sure if I missed any previous conversations from you about this, but look at the TGID(s) and then look here to see what they are.
The wiki has a list of radio ids(uids/rids) if you want to look at those also.

WoodburyMan

Site 38 that was in the Meriden area is now isolated and doesn't appear to be broadcasting anymore.

Also.. NEW SITE.
Site 35
Channel 0-453: 853.8375 CC
Peers are at least A Simulcast and L Simulcast, maybe more.

Idea is this in the Watertown area.
The new CTTransit facility, Frost Bridge Rd adjacent to Rt 8 by Exit 37
License for that areas was just issued a few weeks ago too.

My bet is it will be a weaker repeater like the Naugatuck one that's for MTA mostly, 30watts or less. I can't see it in Woodbury at the moment but if it was only 30 watts im not surprised.

Reconrider

Site 38 that was in the Meriden area is now isolated and doesn't appear to be broadcasting anymore.

Also.. NEW SITE.
Site 35
Channel 0-453: 853.8375 CC
Peers are at least A Simulcast and L Simulcast, maybe more.

Idea is this in the Watertown area.
The new CTTransit facility, Frost Bridge Rd adjacent to Rt 8 by Exit 37
License for that areas was just issued a few weeks ago too.

My bet is it will be a weaker repeater like the Naugatuck one that's for MTA mostly, 30watts or less. I can't see it in Woodbury at the moment but if it was only 30 watts im not surprised.
How do you scan a single tower?

Reconrider

Edit your favorites, Just put in the Control Channel (CC) as the only frequency for the new site you want to add, and lock it on that site when scanning.
Or use a SDR and DSDPlus
853.8375 is the CC for this new place.
I don't see that listed on CLRMN, did you get that from the license? (still new to the searching/scanning world)

Reconrider

I’m interested in NAS on the system but I’m not farmiliar enough to risk it so right now I’m scanning all frequencies on conventional channels its a XTS 5000 Model 3 700/800
I wouldn't risk trying to monitor the state trunk system with a radio. You don't want to accidently key up. Pick up a p25 p2 scanner and follow with that.
What made you buy the radio? Also if you don't mind me asking where you bought it - buddy is looking for the exact model

Garrison54

I wouldn't risk trying to monitor the state trunk system with a radio. You don't want to accidently key up. Pick up a p25 p2 scanner and follow with that.
What made you buy the radio? Also if you don't mind me asking where you bought it - buddy is looking for the exact model
I bought it for local PD and Fire which are conventional, I got the radio off a guy on ebay but he’s legit he has some police contracts his name is snarlingrabiddog there’s numbers too but I forgot them he has 2500s and 5000s trunking and conventional

Reconrider

I bought it for local PD and Fire which are conventional, I got the radio off a guy on ebay but he’s legit he has some police contracts his name is snarlingrabiddog there’s numbers too but I forgot them he has 2500s and 5000s trunking and conventional
I think I found him. Do you have the program to do it with, or are you doing it by hand?

Also, why not get a scanner? You might have liked it better with more to do(more options than only p25 and analog).