EyeSpy

Hello, I am using a new newly upgraded PSR-800 (basically a WS1080 now) and have been trying to monitor the system while driving up from NY to MA (95/91/84) and have been getting nothing. I have loaded all of the CSP sites and frequency, but still not getting any hits on the scanner. I was wondering if anyone has any insight. I am not using the original antenna, but have it connected to a Laird Phantom Elite antenna (800Mhz range). I know the PSR800 can get Phase 2 TDMA, but again, new to this system and area.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know those scanners display but was there any indication that you are locking into the sites? That would show that the system & frequency programming was correct.

chris

PhillyPhoto

Morning All!
Caught what sounded like FD apparatus radio checks on TGID 65382 or 65328...on Troop G simulcast, any idea who/what they may be?
They're dynamic patches. When a radio gets out of their main coverage area and they are configured to roam to CLMRN, a dynamic patch will automatically pop-up. I believe New Britain and Middletown are using them, and I'm sure there are others around the state as well.

cg

Premium Subscriber
New Britain is no longer a separate system so the activity is all pare of CLMRN. Middletown and Wallingford are the most active. If your scanner displays the unit IDs, you can figure out who they are by that.
xxxyyyy where xxx=Town Tax Code
Middletown is 083 (would see 83yyyy)
Wallingford is 148

chris

Shockwavrider

I was trying to streamline what I have loaded into sperate favorite lists, and in each of my CT FL's there is a need for some part of the CMLRN system (for example in Fairfield they are using UASI Fairfield Ops patched for PD Dispatch which comes in much clearer than their UHF channel), but don't necessarily want everything else in UASI and most of the CLMRN except for Troop G Dispatch as well.

I remember reading somewhere in one of the former threads about if you don't have all the known talk groups loaded in the SDS100/200 of which I have both and you have ID Search"On" then you will always be getting TGIDS popping up because you don't have them on the device...is this accurate?

Am I better off loading all know TG's and IDs into the scanner and then just setting the ones I am not interested in to "Avoid"?

Shockwavrider

New Britain is no longer a separate system so the activity is all pare of CLMRN. Middletown and Wallingford are the most active. If your scanner displays the unit IDs, you can figure out who they are by that.
xxxyyyy where xxx=Town Tax Code
Middletown is 083 (would see 83yyyy)
Wallingford is 148

chris
Well with that numbering convention I guess it was Hartland CT then based on this data set Connecticut Towns - Crosswalk with Tax Codes and FIPS Codes | Connecticut Data

and you have ID Search"On" then you will always be getting TGIDS popping up because you don't have them on the device...is this accurate?
It's up to you.

I run the scanner in ID Search mode and permanently lock out all the bus stuff. (Or anything I don't care to monitor)

It works great that way.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It's up to you.

I run the scanner in ID Search mode and permanently lock out all the bus stuff. (Or anything I don't care to monitor)

It works great that way.
You can also setup a favorites list or quick list with all the bus stuff, and set the list to avoid/lockout, still running it in ID search mode and it will ignore them.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Sat in waterbury all night trunking the L & B systems and listening to LCD on the VHF side. Nothing came over the trunk system at all for LCD when they were talking on dispatch or command.
The TG might be in the system but not used yet, I was told by a fire chief that the Fire academy has TG on the system but nothing there yet

Connecticut Fire academy?

cg

Premium Subscriber
The CT Fire Academy at BDL is not active on the system.
State police are using/training on the radios that they will keep using through their careers so it makes sense. Fire Academy has low power UHF channels they use. Folks leave there and use the hodgepodge bunch of radios throughout the state. No need wasting time with fake dispatchers and $2500 radios.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
The CT Fire Academy at BDL is not active on the system.
State police are using/training on the radios that they will keep using through their careers so it makes sense. Fire Academy has low power UHF channels they use. Folks leave there and use the hodgepodge bunch of radios throughout the state. No need wasting time with fake dispatchers and $2500 radios.
Do you have the TGIDS??

cg

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups for what? The SFA at BDL? I have never heard any traffic for the fire academy on the system. While it is possible they have been issued groups, they are not used.