55engine

Premium Subscriber
I think that might be Waterberry because the radio ID that shows up I have it programmed as Waterberry and the Waterberry system and if you look at the Waterberry police codes they pretty much match to what the dispatcher say like for example alpha one Bravo one

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I think that might be Waterberry because the radio ID that shows up I have it programmed as Waterberry and the Waterberry system and if you look at the Waterberry police codes they pretty much match to what the dispatcher say like for example alpha one Bravo one
Definetly wasn't Waterbury, no codes were being used. But definitely will watch out for them.

@doctordialtone and @Reconrider, thanks for the heads up on the dynamic TGs, totally forgot about them.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Just picked up Trumbull Fire dispatch on 24401, going to listen more to verify but heard Tower 104 signing on to Trumbull Dispatch. I'm assuming its a simulcast between their VHF system.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Waterbury did recently work out something so they can roam onto the state system if they go out of town. This was the product of multiple car chases leading outside the coverage of the city system.
If it was up to me, they should get on the state system like stamford did. But its not up to me (n)

Reconrider

Waterbury did recently work out something so they can roam onto the state system if they go out of town. This was the product of multiple car chases leading outside the coverage of the city system.
If it was up to me, they should get on the state system like stamford did. But its not up to me (n)
Stamford is only on the state truck as a trial. From what I understand, they are a stand alone tower with access to CLMRN as needed( roaming ). Correct me if I'm wrong @doctordialtone

APX7500X2

Confirmed 24401 is Trumbull Fire Dispatch, both on the Troop I & G sites.
Trumbull Fd is using 24401/02/03/04. 24401 has been up a few months 24404 was used today for a short time but i missed the audio.
They still use low band & VHF, I asked a friend whos been there for 20 years and he told me its like this in town.... " Department 1 wants to go to CLMRN with UHF fire ground radios with Futurecom repeaters that take the analog audio and MDC Emergency and put it over the trunk system (Like Stamford & Greenwich do) Department 2 wants to go to VHF for dispatch and UHF fire ground with mobile repeaters to the VHF, Department 3 just wants to be done with 8 years of fights & meetings on a new radio system and get something"

APX7500X2

Stamford is only on the state truck as a trial. From what I understand, they are a stand alone tower with access to CLMRN as needed( roaming ). Correct me if I'm wrong @doctordialtone
Stamford is moving to the state core as a campus system like New Brittan.
Not sure what a Stand alone tower is, but the Stamford system has always been a 4 site simulcast P25 FDMA system

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I'm not "Dr Dialtone", but you're wrong. Stamford is going to be a separate simulcast site, but it is part of the CLMRN core. It's already moved. APX7500X2 is not wrong in his statement on this, as he's not been all along. It's the exact same as New Britain, where all the Stamford comms will be on the Stamford zone only, and not onto the regional troop zones. The only temporary thing is the current assignments being carried on the regional zone(s).

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Trumbull Fd is using 24401/02/03/04. 24401 has been up a few months 24404 was used today for a short time but i missed the audio.
They still use low band & VHF, I asked a friend whos been there for 20 years and he told me its like this in town.... " Department 1 wants to go to CLMRN with UHF fire ground radios with Futurecom repeaters that take the analog audio and MDC Emergency and put it over the trunk system (Like Stamford & Greenwich do) Department 2 wants to go to VHF for dispatch and UHF fire ground with mobile repeaters to the VHF, Department 3 just wants to be done with 8 years of fights & meetings on a new radio system and get something"

Sounds typical and as usual. I can also make the guesses who's who.

mjd92

I'm not "Dr Dialtone", but you're wrong. Stamford is going to be a separate simulcast site, but it is part of the CLMRN core. It's already moved. APX7500X2 is not wrong in his statement on this, as he's not been all along. It's the exact same as New Britain, where all the Stamford comms will be on the Stamford zone only, and not onto the regional troop zones. The only temporary thing is the current assignments being carried on the regional zone(s).
Hi, I just trying to catch up here. Don’t know much about why Stamford went to the state system. There are new Stamford talk groups however it seems like only dispatch is being used.

APX7500X2

PD has been very active on their talk groups but they are encrypted. FD did test the fire ground's and TACs but haven been on them since on CLMRN but they are on them on their system

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I see the FCC has approved 12 new Frequencies 6 pairs
for Phase II deployment in Hartford area. Maybe adding more frequencies or sites? maybe someone knows. here they are just approved 2/2/20

WRKR515Connecticut, State Of769.531252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of769.781252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of770.556252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of771.256252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of771.506252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of773.231252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of799.531252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of799.781252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of800.556252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of801.256252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of801.506252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT
WRKR515Connecticut, State Of803.231252/2/2021NEWPhase IIPublic Safety (SG)HartfordHartfordCT

cg

Premium Subscriber
All are 6 watts ERP and for Hartford County only. The license is for P25 Phase 1 only which makes sense because it is mobile only, no repeaters.

chris