DSDPlus 2.71 Released for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I uploaded files to another place.
In this one the skipping can be easily observed somewhere around middle of the record: TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
This one is with pretty intensive traffic and skipping can be observed at any second of the record: TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Hmm, no voice heard. Those raw samples contain no voice data. The decodes are superb. I see all of the talkgroup / LCN info just fine.

Looks like a 5-channel site, with the CC being one channel and then four VCs. And it looks like all of the voice occurred on the other channels (CCs).

You would need to upload the actual raw audio recordings from the VC instance so we could actually listen to the audio.

Mike

LimaZulu

Hmm, no voice heard. Those raw samples contain no voice data. The decodes are superb. I see all of the talkgroup / LCN info just fine.

Looks like a 5-channel site, with the CC being one channel and then four VCs. And it looks like all of the voice occurred on the other channels (CCs).

You would need to upload the actual raw audio recordings from the VC instance so we could actually listen to the audio.

Mike

Ooops, you are right, I did raw audio records from the CC, not from the VC. Stupid me! :)
I'll do new records from VC and will upload them as soon as I can :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ooops, you are right, I did raw audio records from the CC, not from the VC. Stupid me! :)
I'll do new records from VC and will upload them as soon as I can :)

Is it safe for me to assume that you know all of the active frequencies, and the ch #s associated with them, and that you have them properly added to your DSDPlus.frequencies file along with the proper network / site information in DSDplus.Networks, DSDPlus.sites, and DSDPlus.Frequencies ?

Obviously, on my end, when I run your raw files I am not able to tell that. I just want to make sure that you do have the proper info in the .frequencies, .sites, and .networks files and that you actually know what channel # is what frequency.

Mike

slicerwizard

I uploaded files to another place.
In this one the skipping can be easily observed somewhere around middle of the record: TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
This one is with pretty intensive traffic and skipping can be observed at any second of the record: TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
Why is the raw audio so quiet?

I've never seen FMP24 feed such quiet raw audio over a TCP link.

The raw audio display in DSD+ barely moves.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Does it matter? Seems to decode without error, so it must be "quality" audio, unlike the stuff I usually send to and fro hah.

I didn't pay attention to whether the raw audio was of a low level. It is like that when I send audio because I am usually using SDRSharp, in WFM mode (best coding in SDR#, compared to NFM) -- and WFM is naturally lower audio. In fact, I have no way to boost up my NFM audio any higher. The DSDPlus screen will almost look flatline when I pass the WFM audio from SDR# to it, but it seems to decode it fine (assuming sufficient signal strength of course).

mike

slicerwizard

Does it matter? Seems to decode without error, so it must be "quality" audio, unlike the stuff I usually send to and fro hah.
The poster is having issues and I see something strange. I discovered that I can replicate the low audio on an NXDN48 signal by using FMP24's 22 kHz bandpass filter. That's a gross error and covers more than three NXDN48 channels. If an adjacent channel keys up, nothing will be decoded. Actually sounds like it may match the reported symptoms...

I didn't pay attention to whether the raw audio was of a low level. It is like that when I send audio because I am usually using SDRSharp, in WFM mode (best coding in SDR#, compared to NFM) -- and WFM is naturally lower audio. In fact, I have no way to boost up my NFM audio any higher. The DSDPlus screen will almost look flatline when I pass the WFM audio from SDR# to it, but it seems to decode it fine (assuming sufficient signal strength of course).
Then you're effectively feeding DSD+ 8 bit audio instead of 16 bit audio. Not an issue with clean signals, but it doesn't sound like a good idea when you're fighting noise.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The poster is having issues and I see something strange. I discovered that I can replicate the low audio on an NXDN48 signal by using FMP24's 22 kHz bandpass filter. That's a gross error and covers more than three NXDN48 channels. If an adjacent channel keys up, nothing will be decoded. Actually sounds like it may match the reported symptoms...

Then you're effectively feeding DSD+ 8 bit audio instead of 16 bit audio. Not an issue with clean signals, but it doesn't sound like a good idea when you're fighting noise.

Hmm x 2. I'll have to re-adjust the way I do things, and you might be on to something with the 22 khz.

M

LimaZulu

Is it safe for me to assume that you know all of the active frequencies, and the ch #s associated with them, and that you have them properly added to your DSDPlus.frequencies file along with the proper network / site information in DSDplus.Networks, DSDPlus.sites, and DSDPlus.Frequencies ?

Obviously, on my end, when I run your raw files I am not able to tell that. I just want to make sure that you do have the proper info in the .frequencies, .sites, and .networks files and that you actually know what channel # is what frequency.

Mike

Yes, I have all the frequencies and site information and I set it to the correct channel numbers. Everything is set correctly

It is so quiet because I set FMP volume at 10. It's now bandwidth related because I included -fn in my bat files which results in automatic bandwidth at 4. I know that help file states that it must be set to 100 if TCP is used but I was just playing with the settings. However, no matter how high or low the volume is it does not give any results, neither bad or good, to my issue.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's something with the network being VHF and DSDPlus has some issues with it, because I use DSDPlus for so many years now and the skipping was always there. No matter what version - public, fastlane...it's always there

LimaZulu

Do you experience "skipping" on analog transmissions?

Didn't play that much with analog but as far as I did, no, no skipping on analog.
But I don't have any analog trunk system so I can monitor only one analog frequency at a time. I'm only getting this issue when more than one channel is active

slicerwizard

It's now bandwidth related because I included -fn in my bat files which results in automatic bandwidth at 4.
That doesn't sound right. -fn tells DSD+ to only decode NXDN48, right? What does that have to do with bandwidth in FMP24?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's something with the network being VHF and DSDPlus has some issues with it, because I use DSDPlus for so many years now and the skipping was always there. No matter what version - public, fastlane...it's always there
There is some VHF (15x and 16x MHz) conventional and trunked NXDN48 here and I've never seen what you describe. Using FL here.

I'm only getting this issue when more than one channel is active
Sounds like a bandwidth problem. You should make a video that shows all FMP24 and DSD+ windows.

LimaZulu

That doesn't sound right. -fn tells DSD+ to only decode NXDN48, right? What does that have to do with bandwidth in FMP24?

There is some VHF (15x and 16x MHz) conventional and trunked NXDN48 here and I've never seen what you describe. Using FL here.

Sounds like a bandwidth problem. You should make a video that shows all FMP24 and DSD+ windows.

I already said that I tried every combination including different bandwidth settings. Said that I tried different computers. Also said that friend of mine have the same issue. Few posts ago I showed what's in my bat files..... Don't know how posting a video will help

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Lima / Zulu,

Screenshot of your setup working (showing FMP screens with information and DSD+ as well as bits of the console windows (to see decoding in action) certainly are helpful for some.

Even more helpful, if you haven't already, please upload some of you VC raw audio. I'll check back in this thread in case you have, but the last I knew you hadn't but were going to. Really need to be able to have some VC raw audio.

Mike

slicerwizard

I already said that I tried every combination including different bandwidth settings. Said that I tried different computers. Also said that friend of mine have the same issue.
Doesn't get us any closer to an answer.

Few posts ago I showed what's in my bat files.....
Guess I'm blind - I don't see it.

Don't know how posting a video will help
Your call. Carry on.

LimaZulu

Lima / Zulu,

Screenshot of your setup working (showing FMP screens with information and DSD+ as well as bits of the console windows (to see decoding in action) certainly are helpful for some.

Even more helpful, if you haven't already, please upload some of you VC raw audio. I'll check back in this thread in case you have, but the last I knew you hadn't but were going to. Really need to be able to have some VC raw audio.

Mike

Yes I still didn't uploaded the raw audio with voice as I can't right now. Maybe tomorrow but it's most likely to be monday

Doesn't get us any closer to an answer.

Guess I'm blind - I don't see it.

Your call. Carry on.

No offense man, didn't want to be rude! Sorry if I do
Can't find it right now but I remember that when you force DSD to a certain protocol it does select bandwidth automatically. I just made a test - changed it to 7.6 on FMP that follows the voice and when a channel comes on air it automatically revert the bandwidth to 4 which according to FMP help file is the best option for NXDN. Actually I even don't have -b4 at my FMP-VC bat file. Here is what mine bat files looks like

DSD-CC
DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -fn -ds63 -dd3 -dv20 -UA30 -E -T -v2 -_3 -wsl487.534 -wel306.6 -wcl7.7

DSD-VC
DSDPlus -rv -i20002 -o2 -fn -ds63 -dd3 -dv20 -UA30 -E -T -v2 -O NUL -_3 -wsl247.535 -wel306.857 -wcl6.918

FMP-CC
:A
FMP24 -i2 -rc -v10 -o20001 -f168.68125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -n0 -_1 -wsl2.444
FMP24 -i2 -rc -v10 -o20001 -f167.98125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -n0 -_1 -wsl2.444
FMP24 -i2 -rc -v10 -o20001 -f168.48125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -n0 -_1 -wsl2.444
goto A

FMP-VC
FMP24 -rv -v10 -i1 -o20002 -P33.0 -g32.8 -z0 -n0 -_3 -wsl240.444

M105

Do you by any chance have a UHF (or any other) trunked system nearby that you could monitor to see if it skips? The problem could be something specific to the system you are listening to.

slicerwizard

Can't find it right now but I remember that when you force DSD to a certain protocol it does select bandwidth automatically.
No, DSD+ always tells FMP24 what bandwidth to use.

I just made a test - changed it to 7.6 on FMP that follows the voice and when a channel comes on air it automatically revert the bandwidth to 4 which according to FMP help file is the best option for NXDN.
Best for NXDN48. It would do that whether you have -fn in your DSD+ batch files or not.

Here is what mine bat files looks like
They're overly complicated, but I don't see anything that looks like it would cause problems.

Andru

DSDFL not decoding DMR

Hi there I have a problem with the last version of DSD FL with DMR frequency it's show encrypted call or private encrypt call.

Thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi there I have a problem with the last version of DSD FL with DMR frequency it's show encrypted call or private encrypt call.

Thanks

DSD doesn't decrypt any encrypted communications. If the traffic is encrypted, you aren't going to hear it.

Mike

cg

Premium Subscriber
Is it all the voice channels or just one you hear skipping on? Do you see any changes in the FMP24 window when you hear the skip?
I get interference from a local repeater on all my UHF unless I drop the Gain setting. I also get some other interference (Passport key ups) on one voice channel for a DMR TRS.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.