SDS100/SDS200: Firmware 1.06.00M Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

.... it doesn't find the Control Channel it will just scan the freq. Now if I turn the unit off and the back on it locks onto the C/C and scans normally, does anyone have any ideas?
I would try to set the IFX option to the control channel. It seems like it could get interfered and the carrier are lost.

/Ubbe

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
It’s been awhile since i did this, can someone please remind me where the firmware directory is located, thanks.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ok, went to where i believe it should be, i dont see a firmware folder, i got a new computer, so lost some stuff, so trying to remember the steps to get to the directory, but not seeing firmeware

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
If anyone else has any info, would appreciate it. I plugged in sds100, have it in mass storage, went to program files, Uniden, clicked on the x36 program, wasn’t a firmware folder

mancow

Database Admin
That's the programming software. Go to the mass storage device. The radio's memory.

Trying to think how to describe this...

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, i had totally forgot about looking In the scanners memory when i plugged it up, duh..

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, i had totally forgot about looking In the scanners memory when i plugged it up, duh..

mule1075

Feed Provider
I am getting random cutoffs of transmissions with the scanner on this firmware. I know it is not a programming or system issue as my 900 year old 177xlt follows the whole conversation. I am nowhere near a computer to submit a log. And I won't be for awhile.

https://youtu.be/DlZjcb6t0iQ

Ubbe

I am getting random cutoffs of transmissions with the scanner on this firmware.

It's an analog 450MHz channel and Uniden are adjusting the gain setting in the different firmware version to try to adapt to the majority of situations. There will always be some situations where the settings are not optimal but Uniden selects to not have those setting available to the user.

The SDS100 will always be much more location critical than any other scanner and that can never be solved. It will loose sensitivity and produce ghost images of signals on other frequencies than the real one in situations where you have a strong interfering signal entering the scanner. Try and use the firmware version that gives you the least problems until Uniden comes up with a firmware that have user selectable settings that can be stored for each unique situation.

/Ubbe

Fidgety9996

Still EDACS reception on UHF much worse than Trunktracker III scanners. This is a shame. After connecting to charging the reception is worse overall also. Should we expect same situation as with BDC436HP when there was manufactering error and this was swept under the carpet?

WoodburyMan

I've been running this beta firmware for 2 months now, no issues and better if not the same performance of the last final firmware. When's this getting pushed to Public?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
This one was an issue before the beta, but i’ll add it here anyway. Occasionally I add or remove a department at location 0.0.1. Whether I am adding or removing it, the display always shows “Quick Key 0.0.1 = ON”. When I remove it, the status in the upper left-hand corner changes to a “*” in the place where 0.0.1 used to exist as a “1”, but the TGs for that department continue to be heard. It’s not until I reboot the scanner that they actually stop coming through. What I'm hearing is marked as a priority channel, so i'm not sure if that matters or not. I believe this happens for all departments, but that’s the one I bring in and out the most.

And I'm not sure if this observation is intended or not, and I'm not sure whether this behavior existed before the beta, but when I have the backlight timer set to 'open squelch' and I hold on a talk group, the backlight stays on continuously and never times out after the first transmission is received on the talk group.

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, I’m still having the issue where some of the quick replies to a transmission that just ended seem to be missed or stay muted while other radios pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.