Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

Yesterday on UT I logged 12 DeKalb county radios on TG 24112 between 0830 and 0930 hours (110 hits) on the Fort Wayne tower. 24112 isn't listed in the DB, and to me seems like a south zone TG. Any ideas what this TG may be?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Could be one of the Excise Tacs, or another regional Task Force TG. But with the 24XXX range its going to be a South Zone primarily.

west-pac

Could be one of the Excise Tacs, or another regional Task Force TG. But with the 24XXX range its going to be a South Zone primarily.
It could be a TF TG, and ISP did serve a warrant that day in DeKalb county; but I didn't log any state radios on that TG, just DeKalb county radios. If it was a known south zone TF TG, I doubt many people up north would program that into a scanner, therefore it would be less likely to be monitored.

west-pac

Saw TG 12785 active on the Greenwood site tonight. All transmissions were ENC. My radio doesn't show RIDs.

I have 12 Allen Co radios logged on that TG from 07/2020-08/2020.

Edit: Specific dates, 7/31 & 8/13-8/14. You may be able to do some Googling and see if these were riot, presidential rally, or governor rally dates in the Fort Wayne area, to see if any of that translates into any event that may have happened yesterday in Greenwood.

Last edited:

west-pac

I'm going through my RID list on UT, I'm curious if anyone has identified the following RID blocks.
  • 9903900's
  • 9904200's
  • 9904500's

west-pac

Any of you guys ever run across a SAFE-T site that won't populate a neighbor/peer list? I've looked at 1.31 Dalton (Wayne Co) dozens of times over the past couple years, and it has never populated a NL.

DiGiTaLD

Any of you guys ever run across a SAFE-T site that won't populate a neighbor/peer list? I've looked at 1.31 Dalton (Wayne Co) dozens of times over the past couple years, and it has never populated a NL.
I've never seen it, but the vast majority of the time my Unitrunker rig is monitoring 4D (Greenwood) so I haven't really had the opportunity to see it not happening. From a subscriber programming perspective, about the only codeplug setting I can think of where not having neighbors announced would affect roaming is "Non-Adjacent Site Search". It seems the radio would be looking at that neighbor list for roaming purposes when the RSSI drops below the programmed threshold. If I understand it right, non-adjacent site search looks at all the programmed control channels when roaming, not just the neighbors, and if you have "full spectrum control channel scan" enabled, as a last resort, the radio will go through the entire band (in this case 700/800) looking for a control channel for the system its operating on (in this case 6BD). I believe non-adjacent site search is recommended to be enabled in IPSC subscribers so the missing neighbor list may not matter all that much.

west-pac

I've never seen it, but the vast majority of the time my Unitrunker rig is monitoring 4D (Greenwood) so I haven't really had the opportunity to see it not happening. From a subscriber programming perspective, about the only codeplug setting I can think of where not having neighbors announced would affect roaming is "Non-Adjacent Site Search". It seems the radio would be looking at that neighbor list for roaming purposes when the RSSI drops below the programmed threshold. If I understand it right, non-adjacent site search looks at all the programmed control channels when roaming, not just the neighbors, and if you have "full spectrum control channel scan" enabled, as a last resort, the radio will go through the entire band (in this case 700/800) looking for a control channel for the system its operating on (in this case 6BD). I believe non-adjacent site search is recommended to be enabled in IPSC subscribers so the missing neighbor list may not matter all that much.

1.31 Dalton routinely has Henry, and Delaware county TGs on it, it just doesn't populate a NL. 🤷‍♂️ It's the only site I've seen that doesn't populate a NL.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Adjacent/Neighbor Lists only matter really for overall Zone/subzone control of the system. With the way that codeplugs are done with CC/ACC and TG management, NL's don't really matter. Hell if you ever get to look at the way the APX'es are done for the Indy Metro, you will really see this in action. Same for the Lake County region, Lafayette region.... etc.... For example: In the Indy region, they have the CC/ACC's for the IDPS family, IPSC for a 2 county circle all in the set up. Then use the radio zones for TG management. SO going from IDPS S1, over to the Hendricks Simulcast to talk to IU West is as simple as a twist of the selector, or up/down arrow keys and your on IPSC. Same for all the IPSC users, flip and they are talking to IMPD, or Community South.

usswood

1.31 Dalton routinely has Henry, and Delaware county TGs on it, it just doesn't populate a NL. 🤷‍♂️ It's the only site I've seen that doesn't populate a NL.
If the site is in Site-Trunking then no list would be generated because it is cut off from the network

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
Unidentified talk group, I have been seeing talk group 1222 with no unit ID showing up on sites near Bluffton for the last couple of weeks. They have not been using any unit numbers, Today one was heard " I am going north to patrol."

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Unidentified talk group, I have been seeing talk group 1222 with no unit ID showing up on sites near Bluffton for the last couple of weeks. They have not been using any unit numbers, Today one was heard " I am going north to patrol."
1222? I am willing to bet there is another digit after that third 2. Or before it. SAFE-T TG ID's are 5 digits.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
It is 1222 I know all SAFE-T talk groups other than talk group 1 for over the air programming are five digits. It has been active with short sentences and no radios ID' s coming across the screen. There has been some traffic the last hour or so but no identifiers or locations to help identify it.

west-pac

You probably caught a band opening and received an AEP tower. I had a couple oddball TGs today, along with a 961Mhz, and 854.30625Mhz that were on my UT this morning.

I'd search the frequencies you normally receive. I'll bet one of those frequencies are on an AEP tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.