KSP Discussion Thread

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
I know exactly what it is, but it wouldn't be prudent for me to post that here. I'm on "the other side" so to speak.

I respectfully decline, but acknowledge your admission of error.

Then why even comment? If you have nothing constructive to contribute then why even waste your time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastr

Then why even comment? If you have nothing constructive to contribute then why even waste your time?

Correcting an error is constructive, if the person making said error is wise enough to learn from it.
That said, thank you for pointing out that I probably shouldn't be posting here. I have little to gain by
doing so, and should have known better.

BC2001

Jesse
Question about KSP Post 10 in Harlan

Hi everyone. I live in Northern Bell County near the Clay County line. My local post is Post 10 (Harlan).
For some reason. I can't pick up any of the local towers for post 10 EXCEPT the 10B Liggett-Harlan County Transmitter on 460.28750. And it is pretty bad reception. According to the database, my local tower is the 10B Asher's Fork-Clay County Transmitter on 460.075. But I cannot pick up anybody talking. The only thing I hear is the loud motor sound on it. And occasionally the beeping sounds. But no traffic. But the weirdest thing is that I can pick up Post 13 in Hazard's 13B Bear Branch-Leslie County Transmitter on 453.18750 pretty good. But I can't pick up the tower that is much closer to me ( 13B Mozelle-Leslie County Transmitter ). So, I am hoping for some help on this, any help is greatly appreciated!

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone. I live in Northern Bell County near the Clay County line. My local post is Post 10 (Harlan).
For some reason. I can't pick up any of the local towers for post 10 EXCEPT the 10B Liggett-Harlan County Transmitter on 460.28750. And it is pretty bad reception. According to the database, my local tower is the 10B Asher's Fork-Clay County Transmitter on 460.075. But I cannot pick up anybody talking. The only thing I hear is the loud motor sound on it. And occasionally the beeping sounds. But no traffic. But the weirdest thing is that I can pick up Post 13 in Hazard's 13B Bear Branch-Leslie County Transmitter on 453.18750 pretty good. But I can't pick up the tower that is much closer to me ( 13B Mozelle-Leslie County Transmitter ). So, I am hoping for some help on this, any help is greatly appreciated!

It sounds like the MOTOR SOUND you here is p25 data on analog i think you need to make sue your scanner is set to p25 mode

BBang

New to RadioReference

Hello All,

I am a new subscriber to RR and live here in KY.. I am located in the Bowling Green area and was just wondering if anyone is on the site is around the same area. I found this thread due to my trouble monitoring the KSP freq.. I'm running a Uniden BCD325P2 and seemingly having the same trouble as everyone else. I am getting absolutely nothing from the RR post 3 published freqs.. Again hello to all and hope I might be of assistance in the future.

Brandon

VASCAR2

I was in the Henderson area a couple weeks ago and had no trouble hearing District 16 post in Henderson. I got a few digital burst on a couple KSP frequencies that was not P25 traffic and I couldn’t identify the source.

Are you sure you programmed the KSP frequencies as P25 conventional?

BBang

I'm getting it now!! I been jacking around for two days with the P25 programing because the RR page says P25. I'm new at this new technology and I have to say, Its SWEET once you get it down! Thank You very much Bubbrousa for the response!! You all have a great day!!

Brandon

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've heard the same "sounds" once the other day on 4A off the Louisville tower. I suppose the could be most anything from some kind of testing, to patching to whatever. Stayed tuned I guess.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That'll be a new one on me. I know there is something like a busy signal, called a "bonk" on trunked systems. However on conventional systems such as KSP, I can't see the value of that and probably might be irritating to users/troopers.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Status messaging
push buttons set up to send messages for commonly used signals/codes
10-7, 10-8, 10-97, 10-98 and so on

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If that's the case, how come in x years monitoring KSP, I've heard this one time? I'd think it would be more frequently. Also when I did hear it, it was several seconds long - enough time for me to think "this is going on, wonder what it is, maybe I should hold on the channel" long. I'd think status messaging would take milliseconds.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I just noticed while looking at something in the KSP database that the MRE's VHF frequency PL tone changed, is this confirmed? I ask because I used to listen to them on the VHF frequency all day and have not heard anything in months. I just assumed that they gave up on using the extenders in this area and just carry UHF portables.

Does anyone know what they actually have in their VHF portable radios? I would bet they have more than 3 frequencies programmed in there. I always wandered if they have access to DMARCS or anything else...